1997 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 387 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

this is the best truck i have owned

By on Friday, July 05, 2013

Pros: "very dependable"

Cons: "has no cons"

"I would recommend this to and one who wants a Tahoe I bought this in 2004 with 50,000 miles and have put 350,000 miles on it and it steel runs unbelievable excellent the only thing I have done is the usual stuff like new tires and other stuff and I rebuilt the motor and trans but it still has lots of power left and if your looking for some other truck I would consider getting a Gmc or Chevy truck 1996 or newer with a 5.7 v8 vortec or if you want good gas mileage I would get a 5.3 v8 the 4.3 v6 is a good motor but does not have much power if you do a lot of towing like I do but it gets great gas mileage if you like throttle body's I would get a 1995 because that was the best year for that motor and a 1998 0r 99 was the best years for the vortec"

amazing truck

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "awesome power, great for towing"

Cons: "the door handles break easily, gas guzzler"

"I love this truck, its dependable, clean and flat out awesome. Runs like a champ even after 200,000 miles."

Love My Truck

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, easy to drive"

Cons: "Cup holder in front of AC/heat vent;"

"I have been the only owner/driver of this vehicle. Original engine w/410000 miles - shooting to hit 500000!! This truck is not replaceable!! Wish they still made this truck with the same engine!!"

The Sherman Tank

By on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pros: "POWER,Comfort,Super Smooth ride"

Cons: "Cup holder infront of heater and door handles"

"We love our tank! I have hit poles and bounced off them and did more damage to the poles instead of our tank... So safe and it is awesome in the snow(who needs a plow?) You feel like you are floating... like a big "caddy". I will drive it till the day it dies,and that will be a very hard day. What vehicle could EVER compare?"

Never getting rid of it!

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "Good offroad, high quality materials,well equipped"

Cons: "Mileage"

"I have owned my 2 Door tahoe for almost 7 years and absolutely love it. I'm 23, so it was my first vehicle. It had 168,000 on it when I bought it. I took it to a local Chevrolet service center and they told me it needed shocks, plugs, wires, brakes, etc. They told me how much it would cost me in parts and what it would cost me in labor for the things I could not do myself. So, with that in mind, I bought it, replaced everything they said needed replaced on it, and it cost me almost exactly what they said it would. After that, it drove amazing, considering the suspension, brakes, engine components, and all other performance parts were replaced. I drove it approximately 150 miles every weekend to and from college and it rarely gave me any trouble....and I mean rarely (1-2 times). I have never touched the engine itself or the transmission. It is a beast when it comes to pulling too! I don't pull too often but it doesn't disappoint when the time arises. I have pulled my grandpa's kubota tractor on 16 foot flatbed in 10+ inches of snow and it never spun a wheel. It will go 70 down the highway in a straight line every time. If it didn't say 218,000 on the odometer, you would think it had 50,000 miles on it. There is plenty of cargo room, leg room, head room, shoulder room, etc. The four wheel drive is one of the best 4wd systems out there. I have pulled multiple people out in severe weather and RARELY have been "momentarily detained." It is 18 years old and has zero rust, minus the bottom of the rear doors on the inside. I trust it a lot more than my honda to take a trip in. Ok, the gas mileage isn't the best (12-13 mpg), but it is a full-size four wheel drive SUV. There is so much room when the rear seat is folded down. The crazy part is it almost folds flat AND the rear passengers aren't licking their kneecaps when the seat is up! There are four cup holders for the rear passengers alone...ha. The ones above the glovebox are not realistic when the vehicle is in motion, but there are 2-3 other good cupholders for the front passengers. I almost can't say anything bad about it. If you take care of them and do preventative maintenance, not using the cheapest oil, and always looking at your gauges when you drive, you will get so much enjoyment and many many miles out of your tahoe! This is the 4th or 5th one in my family and we absolutely love them (and the suburban). I highly recommend this to anyone who is needing reliable transportation with a touch of workhorse, power, and rigidity."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for