1997 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 404 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Best SUV ever!

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Very comfortable and reliable."

"I bought this Tahoe used in 2003, it had 120,000 miles on it at that time. The insurance agent for the dealership was its first owner. I was very skeptical about buying a vehicle with this many miles, but I knew the dealership in Minnesota and the price I paid for a fully loaded Tahoe, was unmatched here in Washington. This Tahoe has been very reliable, the maintenance has been kept up on it and to this day, the Tahoe still has its original exhaust system; the transmission and engine are in excellent running order; I'm truly amazed! It looks good too!"

Best rig I ever have driven

By on Friday, April 17, 2015

Pros: "great comfort, a pleasure to drive"

"Some vehicles are lemons...this 1995 Tahoe is a Peach!...a perfect peach! We have traveled over 300,000 road miles and it is still driving smooth and comfortable. A very good rig!"

It is a great suv

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

"It runs smooth. handles nicely. Can fit all kinds of items in the back and passengers comfortably. It handles accidents pretty well, it does keep you safe when someone sideswipes you. Great view through the windows all around. Manny"

Love this vehicle,it's a TANK!

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive,rugged"

Cons: "Not very good on gas."

"I bought my 99 Tahoe 4 yrs ago,few problems.It had 90000miles on it when I bought it.Did have an issue with the oxygen sensor,but didnt keep it from running.Ive heard it tends to be an issue with these-the light comes on just ignore it.A very sound vehicle with a strong Chevy truck motor.Yes,you don't get one for gas mileage,but it makes up for it by being a TANK-big(but not to big to be manageable)heavy,and Solid.A bunch of hood up front.I can testify to its toughness-I got clobbered by a car the other day.The car took the brunt of it for sure!about like hitting a brick wall!The Tahoe had surprisingly little damage,because of age and mileage totalled.Looking for another one!"

Love this truck

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Pros: "reliable and nice to drive"

"One of the best vehicles I've owned. It was all original up to two years ago. Some how got a hole in the plastic side tank of the radiator, then last had to replace the fuel pump and now the water pump. Not bad for 16 years old and over 200k miles."

VERY SAFE. Just saved my wife's life yesterday

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "It will save your familys life."

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Gas mileage is not good but if you ever get in an accident this is the car you want protecting your family. Used it to go to work and back not high usage the last few years. It had 192,000 miles on it when it was totaled yesterday. We are looking for another one again."

A few minor issues

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable ride"

Cons: "Terrible fuel economy"

"I only bought this vehicle 2 months ago from a local "private" dealer. When I buy a used vehicle, I already go in knowing to expect some issues. So far, I've had to get a 4 wheel alignment done and the inspection of the vehicle found that the fuel gauge needs to be replaced (not the float), brake fluid and power steering fluids are dirty and need to be flushed and bled, and the rear drum brakes need a manual adjustment. Not so bad since I only paid $2600 for it. Fact is that I NEED something tall like this as I have a very bad back and getting in and out of a regular car is too difficult.This is perfect for that, and the seat heaters are nice to have as well. I used to own a 2005 Grand Prix and loved it, but it was just killing me getting in and out of it and long drives were murder on my back. While I know I have some things to fix here, for now, I can at least calculate my mileage using the proper methods, so I won't run out of fuel. UNFORTUNATELY, I find that I only get about 10mpg city and about 13mpg on the highway. Not great mileage,so I thank God that gas prices are at a major low right now. Only $2.69 in my area. Still, with a 30 Gal tank, you can figure how much it costs to drive. I really only use it for trips to the store or to take my daughter and her husband to work. Overall, a decent truck for the cost."

best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

"Had since 2000 no problems still going. Great Vehical"

Have owned 8 of these in the last 40 years

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Pros: "Great solid vehicle"

Cons: "Not made in 2 doors since about 2000"

"Excellent value, for the price Kelley gives of just over $3100 I would buy 10 that are in the shape mine is in. The ones I have priced at that price were all run down, but you get what you pay for. I get 2-3 compliments every time I take it out as these are becoming rare to find in 2 doors in great shape. These are extremely reliable vehicles that are both useful, good looking and comfortable. Great for long hwy trips. Parts are readily available at good prices and the vehicle is easy to work on. I started with a new '73 Blazer and was very disappointed when GM quit the 2 door full size Blazers, Tahoes, Yukons and Jimmys."

Great, extremely reliable truck.

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, dependable, easy to repair and maintain."

Cons: "Chugs gas :("

"We bought this truck as a 3rd owner with around 111k miles on it. We only had one major mechanical failure (transmission went out at 186k miles), but got it repaired for a very good price. It has otherwise been a tremendously reliable, dependable, tough, long-lasting vehicle. It's been through numerous blizzards (up to 4 feet of snow), but handles it like a champ. I've never gotten stuck or felt like I would have to be concerned about not getting where I need to be (I work in a hospital and have to be there regardless of the weather). I've even had this truck in 3 feet of flood water (stupid idea, I know) and had no problems with it whatsoever. I will still haul trailers with it and use it as my daily driver. Barely consumes any oil at all, even with having 268k miles on it!"

Good SUV. G

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

"Had the engine overhauled 3 years ago. Transmission overhauled 4 months ago. A/C good, New battery. Runs smooth. Needs some cosmetic touches inside and out. Trailer Hitch. Leather. Good Truck"

Best SUV

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "not fuel friendly"

"Bought this truck brand new in 1996 and have put many miles on it my wife drove it for the first 15 years and i just drive it back in fourth to work 50 miles a day. We never had a problem just small stuff like light bubs, oil changes and brakes. Have had to replace the tranny at 200,000 miles, fuel pump, and just awhile ago the starter but i have been driving it the past few years and still love it. My wife went to a 2011 suburban. hope to get many more miles outa it."

Best truck I've ever owned.

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Quality and reliability"

"I have owned this truck since 1999 and believe it or not it still has the original exhust system including the muffler and is as quiet as when I first bought it. I only had a few issues with it over the years, minor when you consider the mileage. Fuel pump, one head gasket, front rotors and of course tires and batteries. If I can I'll keep it for another 15 years. There is no rust anywhere and everything works with the exception of my heated seats. I have owned all makes and models of cars and trucks over the last 50 years and without exception this is the finest vehicle I have ever owned."

Not a bad ride

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride and roomy"

Cons: "trany worry's me and 4WD is not reliable"

"Like this vehicle BUT the transmission went out, got a rebuilt one and the shifting linkage INSIDE broke and will not go into park and only have R and overdrive. Also the 4Wd will not engage the front wheels"

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "Does it all reliably and comfortably"

Cons: "Needs 4 wheel disc brakes."

"I bought this as a"program" vehicle in 1999. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. My only complaints have been the variable power assisting the steering and the brakes could be a bit stronger. However, I have been able to easily address both of these. Chevy bypass kit for the steering issue, and slotted and vented rotors for the brakes. I still take this on road trips all over the southwest. It rides better than the Lincoln's and BMWs that are my "daily drivers". Easily 40,000 miles have been towing heavy scout trailers, bass boat and now tot box trailer. It never complains. Gas mileage isn't great, but the thing weighs 5,200 lbs. Considering that, my average of 14 mpg doesn't seem too bad. Now considering a 2015, but hate to give up an old friend!"

Best Vehicle Ive Ever Owned Thus Far

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Great Vehicle"

Cons: "Cup Holders In Front of A/C Vents"

"No complaints whatsoever"

Most dependable vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Everything - handling, dependability, comfortable."

Cons: "Only gas mileage. All else is +++++."

"I am the second owner of this truck, getting it at about 30,000 miles. I am happy to say, it is one of the safest and dependable vehicles I have ever had the pleasure to drive. I've kept up with all the vehicle maintenance (this is a must) and have driven this car on many trips to other states without any problems. I see so many of these older trucks on the road, so I know they are great vehicles. Would recommend this one to anyone looking for an older "ride" that really checks every box. Rear air, good a/c, great stereo. Only drawback is gas mileage. V-8 engine is really peppy but gas mileage isn't the greatest. Still, I love this truck!"

The best thing ive ever owned

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Cons: "not the best on gas but i have 33 so pretty good"

My chevys

"i have a 97 lt 4x4 with 33 x 11.50 s tvs led tail lights subs been one of the most dependable things i ever owned only change the oil and breaks once in almost 2 years had 224000 when i got it and now has 236 no problems runs great Alot of power?? (vortec 350) 4x4 is great with the m/t tires has alot of room just alot around great truck my kids love it"

My chevys

Can't beat it.

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive for a large vehicle"

Cons: "Only one useable cupholder in the car"

"This is by far the most reliable car I've ever had. It has kept my faith in GM (and I've had some of their stinkers). This Tahoe is easy to drive, comfortable and still looks good after 15 years. I will drive it until the wheels fall off, which will be awhile."

a good vehicle,dependable and reliable

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "easy to drive/park great size handles well"

Cons: "needs rear ac."

"I have driven this truck for 300,000 miles and have never regretted buying it.it served as family car, work truck and vacation vehicle. always starts, it has never left me stranded. just service and normal maint. has been all it required through its time with me. when tuned it gets aprox 19.8 mpg on the road ,not bad for a vehicle this size.it needs a rear ac system as the single dash unit struggles to cool it on hot summer days but that is the only complaint I have."

Love the 2 door full size SUV

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Handles great. Plenty of towing capacity"

Cons: "Would like bigger brakes"

"The full size 2 door with the 6.5 turbo diesel and 4 wheel drive is a tough truck to beat!! The interior is comfortable for long trips on the highways and weekends camping or driving on the beach. I've driven through 2 feet of snow without any issues. With a 30 gallon fuel tank and almost 20 MPG I can cruise at 75 MPH for 500 miles between fill ups."

only thing about this vehicle is the 4 wheel drive

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "roomy barn doors are awesome gas impressed me"

Cons: "4x4"

"but all in all a wonderful ride i still think the dodge durango has a better 4x4 system stereo system is awesome too"

Best vehicle I ever owned

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Great value , safe , roomy"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"Like a trusty pocketknife or comfortable pair of shoes it always fits , bought new when my son was born , he will now be driving this and we all feel this truck is part of the family. Have had Shelbys, Caddies , and scores of other cars , but this one can fill any bill . Best investment on a vehicle ever made ."

Will miss driving my Tahoe!

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be improved"

"Always felt secure with its' performance. Reliable, dependable, comforable."

Just can't part with it

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, Reliability, styling, utility"

Cons: "Fuel mileage isn't stellar"

"Our 99 2 door Tahoe Sport is the best running and most comfortable vehicle we have ever had in our family. It has always run perfectly and problems have typically been minor. The problems we have experienced are seemingly common: power lock mechanisms get "weak" and have to be replaced (under $100.00), several of the guages on the instrument cluster stopped working ($75.00 to rebuild), The driver side catalytic converter triggered an SES light ($150 to replace both with aftermarket units), AC compressor leaked ($200.00), and the pitman/idler arms needed to be replaced from normal wear ($200.00). Other than that, everything else has been general maintenance. We installed a lift kit and aftermarket wheels/tires. They look awesome. Pulls a 22' boat with no problem. Cruises on the highway with no problem. Handles offroad situations in 4WD with no problem. A friend of our family has an identical vehicle with almost 400k miles on it and it runs just as smoothly as ours. Truly like a rock."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals