1997 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 398 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

A few minor issues

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable ride"

Cons: "Terrible fuel economy"

"I only bought this vehicle 2 months ago from a local "private" dealer. When I buy a used vehicle, I already go in knowing to expect some issues. So far, I've had to get a 4 wheel alignment done and the inspection of the vehicle found that the fuel gauge needs to be replaced (not the float), brake fluid and power steering fluids are dirty and need to be flushed and bled, and the rear drum brakes need a manual adjustment. Not so bad since I only paid $2600 for it. Fact is that I NEED something tall like this as I have a very bad back and getting in and out of a regular car is too difficult.This is perfect for that, and the seat heaters are nice to have as well. I used to own a 2005 Grand Prix and loved it, but it was just killing me getting in and out of it and long drives were murder on my back. While I know I have some things to fix here, for now, I can at least calculate my mileage using the proper methods, so I won't run out of fuel. UNFORTUNATELY, I find that I only get about 10mpg city and about 13mpg on the highway. Not great mileage,so I thank God that gas prices are at a major low right now. Only $2.69 in my area. Still, with a 30 Gal tank, you can figure how much it costs to drive. I really only use it for trips to the store or to take my daughter and her husband to work. Overall, a decent truck for the cost."

best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

"Had since 2000 no problems still going. Great Vehical"

Have owned 8 of these in the last 40 years

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Pros: "Great solid vehicle"

Cons: "Not made in 2 doors since about 2000"

"Excellent value, for the price Kelley gives of just over $3100 I would buy 10 that are in the shape mine is in. The ones I have priced at that price were all run down, but you get what you pay for. I get 2-3 compliments every time I take it out as these are becoming rare to find in 2 doors in great shape. These are extremely reliable vehicles that are both useful, good looking and comfortable. Great for long hwy trips. Parts are readily available at good prices and the vehicle is easy to work on. I started with a new '73 Blazer and was very disappointed when GM quit the 2 door full size Blazers, Tahoes, Yukons and Jimmys."

Great, extremely reliable truck.

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, dependable, easy to repair and maintain."

Cons: "Chugs gas :("

"We bought this truck as a 3rd owner with around 111k miles on it. We only had one major mechanical failure (transmission went out at 186k miles), but got it repaired for a very good price. It has otherwise been a tremendously reliable, dependable, tough, long-lasting vehicle. It's been through numerous blizzards (up to 4 feet of snow), but handles it like a champ. I've never gotten stuck or felt like I would have to be concerned about not getting where I need to be (I work in a hospital and have to be there regardless of the weather). I've even had this truck in 3 feet of flood water (stupid idea, I know) and had no problems with it whatsoever. I will still haul trailers with it and use it as my daily driver. Barely consumes any oil at all, even with having 268k miles on it!"

Good SUV. G

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

"Had the engine overhauled 3 years ago. Transmission overhauled 4 months ago. A/C good, New battery. Runs smooth. Needs some cosmetic touches inside and out. Trailer Hitch. Leather. Good Truck"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals