1996 Chevrolet Tahoe

Based on 395 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Great, extremely reliable truck.

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, dependable, easy to repair and maintain."

Cons: "Chugs gas :("

"We bought this truck as a 3rd owner with around 111k miles on it. We only had one major mechanical failure (transmission went out at 186k miles), but got it repaired for a very good price. It has otherwise been a tremendously reliable, dependable, tough, long-lasting vehicle. It's been through numerous blizzards (up to 4 feet of snow), but handles it like a champ. I've never gotten stuck or felt like I would have to be concerned about not getting where I need to be (I work in a hospital and have to be there regardless of the weather). I've even had this truck in 3 feet of flood water (stupid idea, I know) and had no problems with it whatsoever. I will still haul trailers with it and use it as my daily driver. Barely consumes any oil at all, even with having 268k miles on it!"

Good SUV. G

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

"Had the engine overhauled 3 years ago. Transmission overhauled 4 months ago. A/C good, New battery. Runs smooth. Needs some cosmetic touches inside and out. Trailer Hitch. Leather. Good Truck"

Best SUV

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "not fuel friendly"

"Bought this truck brand new in 1996 and have put many miles on it my wife drove it for the first 15 years and i just drive it back in fourth to work 50 miles a day. We never had a problem just small stuff like light bubs, oil changes and brakes. Have had to replace the tranny at 200,000 miles, fuel pump, and just awhile ago the starter but i have been driving it the past few years and still love it. My wife went to a 2011 suburban. hope to get many more miles outa it."

Best truck I've ever owned.

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Quality and reliability"

"I have owned this truck since 1999 and believe it or not it still has the original exhust system including the muffler and is as quiet as when I first bought it. I only had a few issues with it over the years, minor when you consider the mileage. Fuel pump, one head gasket, front rotors and of course tires and batteries. If I can I'll keep it for another 15 years. There is no rust anywhere and everything works with the exception of my heated seats. I have owned all makes and models of cars and trucks over the last 50 years and without exception this is the finest vehicle I have ever owned."

Not a bad ride

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride and roomy"

Cons: "trany worry's me and 4WD is not reliable"

"Like this vehicle BUT the transmission went out, got a rebuilt one and the shifting linkage INSIDE broke and will not go into park and only have R and overdrive. Also the 4Wd will not engage the front wheels"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe near Honolulu. See local deals