2000 Chevrolet Tahoe (New)

Based on 874 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Very nice vehicle.

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Extremely fun to drive. Will go almost anywhere."

Cons: "Reliability, got ext warr-life saver."

"This SUV was driven for school activities for my kid by my wife, a volley ball coach. It seats 7 comfortably. It is definitely female friendly. With limited slip this 4X4 is unstoppable, even with the stock tires. Its been in the sand, 4 to 7 inches of mud and up to 8 inches of snow with no problem. The selection is 2WD, Auto,4 Hi, 4 Lo. Auto is great for heavy rain on the freeway. It is low enough to be stable at speed and high enough to clear up to 7 inch rocks on dirt roads. It feels like a tank off road. The 5.3L engine is very smooth and powerful. It pulls this 6000 lb SUV around like a sports car. With the friendly suspension settings this power train can get you in trouble, even with 190K miles on the OD. Major engine issues that extended warr covered. Overall best GM product I've ever owned as far as fit and finish but for a $43K SUV ext warr is a must. Great bug out vehicle. I love this 4X4."

Like a Member of the Fam!

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "drove like a car"

Cons: "it was a bit of a challenge to park in tight space"

"We loved our Tahoe and owned it for 10 years. It never gave us any major trouble. We did have some loosening of the steering wheel but that was easily fixed. A hole in the hose for the windshield fluid appeared after a big storm. But other than that, it was like a member of the family."

Most reliable vehicle I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Dependable and bullet proof."

Cons: "MPG. We average about 16 city and 20 highway"

"Original 5.3 liter and original drivetrain. Never misses a beat. Finally after 300k had to replace the tie rod ends and ball joints on the front end. Other than tires and brakes, no major repairs. Still runs like a Swiss watch."

Reliable and Good Companion

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Great utility vehicle"

Cons: "None except I kept it too long"

"With 327,000 miles on this car you would think the transmission and engine would be a major problem. Only problem is my engine is burning coolant so once in a while I have to top off. Transmission is not slipping but there is slight drip in the seal so I have to add a quart of oil once a month. The radiator lasted until over 200,000 miles and also my rear end-one bearing popped so the rear was replaced. Hope my new 2015 will be as reliable or better."

great truck

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "ride,handling,"

Cons: "milage 16-17 mpg"

"can not complain, truck turns on a dime, rolls down the road with ease,coast forever it seems,has good power and it shifts like it did when I had 40,000 miles now it has 197,000, I work at a gmc dealership and we see these unit come in with 350-400,000 miles, I far as I can see they are defective, they won't to give fail. hard to sell someone a replacement when they last so long"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Tahoe (New) near Honolulu. See local deals