2013 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $41,728 - $43,093.

10/7.6

Based on 233 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Cons: "Eats gas, 13 to 14 mpg but what do you expect?"

"Why would you own any other SUV other than a Suburban? I have 3 kids and we drive to most of our vacations (just got back from Disney World!). Enough room for everything in back, drives awesome, handles like a car, you're up high and tons of power. We have horses and trailer everything and it never feels like it's pulling anything. We have a Diamond Anniversary edition and while GM doesn't make much right, one thing they do know how to make is a large SUV!"

Great all around vehicle

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Room, ride, quiet, versatile for towing & luggage"

Cons: "Big truck to park"

"This is my 4th Suburban. I have had 80,000 miles of worry free ownership. All I have had to do is regular maintenance. It rides like a big car, tows like a big truck, and gets better gas mileage than my son's V6 Nissan pickup. I have no complaints at all about this vehicle."

GREAT ROONINESS great power BE GREAT FOR FAMILY

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"WELL TAKEN CARE OF AND KEPT WELL. HAS SERVED ME WELL."

Why didn't I own one sooner!

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Room, confidence, reliability, options"

Cons: "No bluetooth in 2008 for phone, only OnStar mins"

"I absolutely wish had I had bought a Suburban years before I bought this one. I was always a minivan driver when we started a family. The gas mpg for the Suburban (4WD) only averages about 3 miles less per gallon than a 2WD, 6 cylinder minivan. I have had this vehicle for years, and reliability and flexibility have left nothing wanted. Plenty of space for passengers and storage. Power to tow just about anything you wish to, while very stable on the road when towing. Every option to make your time on the road, and around town, comfortable and confident. Although they are expensive initially, they have lasting value and reliability. I plan to have this vehicle as long as it will have me.."

Love it!

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive lots of room for a family trip"

Cons: "Does not hold it's value"

"Just cost too much for repairs and doesn't hold it's value! For it too be 7 years old paid almost 60k and now only worth 15k......."

love the vehicle hate the gas mileage

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Cons: "gas mileage"

"we went from a 06 escalade esv with the vortex max to the 07 suburban with the 6.0 with cylinder deactivation and must say the escalade got much better mpg than this suburban ever thought of. We have owned this for 11 months and I would go back to the older model today if I could"

Drives like a car..tows like a truck

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

"Suburbans are great vehicles for anyone with a large, active family. Reliable, driveable and comfortable for the entire family. Also; the gas mileage is typically better than listed on websites...usually closer to 17 City/19 HW."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

"Love the sense of security of such a large SUV. The handling is very sporty for the size of the vehicle. We use it a lot for traveling and the kids and we have plenty of room. I will absolutely buy another when we're ready to trade it in."

Tahoe and Suburbans are the best overall vehicles.

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good visibility(I'm 6'2")"

"Having driven many vehicles over 45 years, the Suburban has been the most pleasant and reliable I have had. Our 2013 Suburban LTZ (towing and 4WD) meets all our family local and long trip needs, comfortably. I especially like the air ride feature for towing equalizaton and for my Rheumatoid arthritis. Being 100% disabled and sometimes needing to drive for 8-10 hours is no problem. All the safety features add a degree of relaxation as well (lane-change warning in side view mirrors; back-up warning and view is great in parking lots). Using the bluetooth feature with my cell phone is a stroke of genius: hands free driving and focus on the road at all times. I had a 2011 LTZ and probably will get a 2015 or later model. They just keep getting better!"

Nice and comfy replacement for my last Suburban

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, Nice interior and exterior style"

Cons: "No fold flat seats, no tail gate option, no diesel"

"Very nicely done interior, looks great, rides nice, exterior looks good too. Easy to haul lots of people and 4 x 8 sheets from the hardware store. A few things I do not like are first the second row seats do not fold flat like my last one, there is no tailgate (so sorry auto makers do not offer that anymore) and that there is hesitation when you first press on the gas pedal. I also wish they offered a diesel engine!"

Worth it

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Looks mean, fun to drive, roomy, economical for V8"

"Needed something big enough for the family and big enough to tow. With the 5.3 I can tow our 29' travel trailer with no issue at all, have all three rows full of people and everyone comfortable. When it's just the immediate family and no trailer, the 18+ MPG around our little neck of the woods (rural area), is great for my wallet."

Must have rolled off the assembly line on Friday

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "Large capacity"

Cons: "Abysmal quality"

"This car is one of the many reasons why I will never buy another GM Obamacar. I have been replacing the entire vehicle piecemeal ever since I bought it. Both front wheels tried to fall off one time."

Loved the car for the first year

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "size and comfort, power, style, looked good"

Cons: "Poor electrical systems and motors"

"Great out of the box, but all door locks, rear hatch, side window defrost, tow gear, electric windshield heater, CD player broke between 9 months and 3 yrs. Engine quit at 126,000 miles."

Great for my entire family- haven't had any issue

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy for the size; space; features"

Cons: "None!"

"Great vehicle! I haven't had any issues with it in four years of driving it. It has plenty of space and great features. Fuel economy is close to 20 mpg in the warmer months."

Biggest waist of money ever!

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "It handle surprisingly well for how big it is."

Cons: "Engine and transmission failing!"

"The engine was poorly designed and they could have done a better fuel program that would meet each customers need. Its also really big so not a city vehicle at all. And lastly Transmission problems."

great ride!!

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "absolutely wonderful ride the last of a dyingbreed"

Cons: "nothing"

"why on gods green earth wold ANYONE buy an 80k dollar toyota land cruiser whe they could have the suburban and all of the reliability comfort room style wonderful driving dynamics and overall quality along aith the best resale in the business. for 57k!!! nuff said!!!"

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Suburban

By on Friday, December 14, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable +++, Safety features"

Cons: "Pricey, big to park, fuel."

"This is a luxury car. Extremely comfortable with nearly every imaginable comfort, "bell and whistle". The "flex fuel" option allows me to have averaged 16.4 mpg...I drive about 15 country miles back and forth to work each day and then a bunch of "around town" stuff...nto bad for this size vehicle. We also travel 12+ hrs with two little ones on a regular basis to visit family. It is very comfortable for us all, and we can fit a TON of stuff in there (this does not help me control my over-packing tendencies...lol). I could not imagine being any happier with a car. I have the White diamond exterior paint...gorgeos! The color is what I couldn't resist...but I now love the rest of it just as much. This also handles very well in snow, and mud...the heated seats are heavenly and it actually cools pretty quickly in the summer despite the amount of space that needs cooling. Downside: It is a little drifty in high winds (like 40+mph....we live in a VERY flat part of the midwest). It does cost a fair amount of money to fill the tank."

There's Nothing 'Sub' In This Suburban

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "All Of The Comforts Of Home"

Cons: "It does consume fuel; just so you know."

The Chevrolet Suburban takes you to the 'edge' of America and anywhere you'd care to go.

"Circumstances found me requiring a vehicle larger than my 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ. This time, instead of selling to a relative, I traded up for the 2013 7-seat configuration Chevrolet Suburban LTZ. I chose this well-optioned Suburban for its enhanced carrying capacity, luxuriously appointed interior and refined road manners. I was able to take 6 people, including myself, and all of our gear to the New Jersey shore for several days of surf fishing recently. This, of course, was prior to Hurricane Sandy walloping New Jersey with a fury not seen in decades. We left for home two days prior to the hurricane's arrival and as the seas began to churn. The structural integrity of the Suburban LTZ is unsurpassed and bespeaks a vehicle of more compact dimensions. I feel comfortable in tight spaces in much the same manner as with backing-in to a parking spot with my former vehicle, the Tahoe. Outward vision's very good and a Side Blind Zone Alert system embedded in both side view mirrors notifies the driver of vehicles/objects which may be out of the driver's peripheral view. The rear-view camera is a tremendous aid in backing-up and an intuitive grid, which reflects the direction of travel, is displayed on the Navigation/Video screen to alert the driver to obstacles and represents the path of the rear end of the Suburban while in-motion. I like that feature as it allows the driver to 'square-up' the flanks of the vehicle relative to painted lines in a parking lot and/or vehicles on either side. This feature alone can make a good driver a better driver. I enjoy feeling pampered while driving my new Suburban. Comfortable heated and cooled front seats, adjustable control pedals, heated steering wheel and a top-flight Bose audio/video system are conveniences that I relate to whether settling in for a long trip or going out for dinner with friends; I like to tell them that I'm willing to drive. I have not detected a squeak, rattle in over 2000 miles of driving so far. There's a lean, taut feel to this 2013 Suburban that I favor. At highway speeds wind noise is minimal and even at that the audio automatically compensates for it in raising the volume commensurate with increased speed. The 2013 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ represents the pinnacle of this body style's development. The paint on my vehicle is flawless, the body panel fit is precise and flush at the seams where the doors, roof and curved fascias meet. The stance of the Suburban is purposeful even when the vehicle is not in motion and I've received many compliments on my choice which is fine though humbling. You can do a lot with this vehicle and configure the seats so that you can haul/move just about everything. I ask; What's not to like?"

Almost as Good as its Predecessor

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Best ride, most reliable, safe."

Cons: "You have to be able to afford it."

"This is the my third Suburban. I still own the 2004, which now has 240,000 miles. It wasn't perfect. At 205,000 miles, I had to get a break job. :) That was my first repair on the car. Unbelievable. It might be the best car that General Motors ever made. I still have not done any major work on engine or transmission and my son went on a 7,000 mile road trip without a hitch or a worry on my part. My 2011 seems to be off to the same kind of start. My only complaint with the changes is that the passenger seats no longer lay completely flat, meaning you lose that extra two feet of cargo space. I am a big man in my 50's with some back issues. Suburban's have the best ride of any vehicle, period. I have driven it from Wisconsin to Seattle in two days, with very little soreness. It is like going first class instead of coach."

It's done well so far

By on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pros: "Very room and comfortable. Good cargo w/o seats"

Cons: "Handles peel can cut you. AC circ buttons small"

"Very roomy for both passengers and cargo. Long trips are comfortable. Mid bench seats are comfortable, but the fold down ones in the back are a little stiff. I had one problem with transmission which was covered by warranty and hasn't given any problems since. Catalytic converter needed to be changed."

good vehicle lots of room excellent

By on Sunday, May 06, 2012

Pros: "tows great lots of room comfortable relaible"

Cons: "rough ride everyting was cheap plastic interior"

"this is a very nice vehicle. the interior is very cheap like hard plastic dash had plastic door panels for an ltz not nice. tows excellent. just miss the ride and interior of my jeep. but has more room. but and lousy gas milage"

Excellent for larger families!

By on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Pros: "Great roomy family vehicle with good cargo room"

Cons: "poor fuel efficiency"

"We depend on our sub and cannot imagine life without it. Roomy with four children and with middle buckets, allows kids to make their way to third row easily. Interior is plush on the LTZ and very, very comfortable. Drives great for larger SUV. Downside is mileage (terrible) and steering wheel is peeling. Also, Chevy emblem on front grill looked trashy after just a year or so (peeled from the inside) and the steering wheel peeled just after warranty. GM was great while warranty lasted with repairs to noise on windshield and whining on front windows when opening/closing windows. Since warranty has gone out we have lost functionality on driver's side door locking with key fob and have learned this is a big problem that as of now GM has not addressed. All in all though, we will highly likely purchase another in the next year or two!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25