2012 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 276 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Exceeds my expectations!

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Most everything"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"This is my 3rd Suburban, first of the newer body style. I've had nothing but positive experiences from all of my Burbs. They are not the greatest on fuel economy, however I didn't buy it with that in mind. We tow a 25ft boat 60 miles almost each weekend during the summer with no problems and it looks good doing it too!"

Great Family SUV!!

By on Monday, July 4, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, Safety, Towing Capability, Reasonable fuel economy"

Cons: "Lacks Rain Sensing Wipers, 2nd Row Cup Holders not useful for children (too low to floorboard)"

"Had a Mazda CX-9 which was a great vehicle, until we had our 3rd child and ran out of room. Anyone looking for capability of seating 7 comfortably should get this vehicle. Much easier to get in and out of the 3rd row than the Mazda. Suburban is biggest SUV in segment, has great cargo space behind 3rd row and can tow decent size boats/campers. We love this truck as it provides excellent safety and comfort for our family. Test drove the Ford Expedition EL, nice ride but not near as good as the Suburban. The headliner in the 2nd row of Expedition was so low I actually hit my head while entering, plus the automatic running boards on the limited EL were just annoying. Not once have I thought we bought the wrong vehicle, we got this one right!!"

Great vehicle

By on Monday, August 10, 2009

"This has been the best vehicle I have owned so far. Very smooth ride, reliable, and powerful. I never thought such a big vehicle would handle as easy as a car. I purchased this for my wife to drive, but I have also driven on trips and weekends and it's fun to drive. During one of those trips I hit a deer and I have never felt as safe as a I did in the suburban. When I slammed on the brakes doing 70+ mph, the suburban stayed straight as an arrow and came to a safe stop. Everyone in the vehicle was safe. The only unfortunate one was the poor deer. Overall, great value for this vehicle and great resale value."

Impressive Vehicle

By on Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Its a great vehicle. We were able to fit 3 front facing carseats in the back seat but only 2 car seats in the middle seat due to the doors taking up 2 inches too much space. Adults would have a hard time with the leg room in the back seat. The middle seat seemed ok but there is room for improvement as far as leg space goes. Made a six hour trip to Wyoming seam quick since it floated down the highway. It has plenty of power to get around slower vehilces and the fuel economy with the flexfuel is to be expected of the larger vechicle. The 4cyl mode only kicks in on flat or down hill roads when not excelerating. It would be nice if it kicked in while idleing. We already had a problem with the fuel pump module only after 90 days after purchase (12000 miles) but other then that it seems like a sturdy vehicle mechanically. The turning radius is impressivly small and makes it easy to navigate in the city. I would buy it again in a heartbeat."

best suv

By on Wednesday, July 9, 2008

"have owned other sub., tahoe's, and expeditons. For the size of this vehicle I get 17-21mpg. You have to drop to a rav4 or forester to beat the gas mileage. Why buy a small or mid size suv? Ive got the safety with this. Went on vacation--with wife, 4 kids. mother.and mother inlaw for 7 days. I did not have to use luggage carrier. But other wise loaded and still got 19-20mpg the whole trip. Best vehicle ive owned. Awesome in winter weather. My wife loves this vehicle. I hear u can get a deal on them now!"

Love this SUV

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"I bought an 07 LTZ about 6 months ago, so I actually own the vehicle I am reviewing, and have driven it some time now. So far it has been what I would call perfect. We have it pretty loaded with buckets in the back ( a must have with kids ), DVD, power liftgate (spoils you fast), 20 inch wheels. I was able to get this for 38,000 new, so i dont understand why people pay this much for a loaded minivan, like an Odyssey, when you could have this vehicle instead..."

Worth it

By on Monday, July 1, 2013

Pros: "Looks mean, fun to drive, roomy, economical for V8"

"Needed something big enough for the family and big enough to tow. With the 5.3 I can tow our 29' travel trailer with no issue at all, have all three rows full of people and everyone comfortable. When it's just the immediate family and no trailer, the 18+ MPG around our little neck of the woods (rural area), is great for my wallet."

Excellent for larger families!

By on Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pros: "Great roomy family vehicle with good cargo room"

Cons: "poor fuel efficiency"

"We depend on our sub and cannot imagine life without it. Roomy with four children and with middle buckets, allows kids to make their way to third row easily. Interior is plush on the LTZ and very, very comfortable. Drives great for larger SUV. Downside is mileage (terrible) and steering wheel is peeling. Also, Chevy emblem on front grill looked trashy after just a year or so (peeled from the inside) and the steering wheel peeled just after warranty. GM was great while warranty lasted with repairs to noise on windshield and whining on front windows when opening/closing windows. Since warranty has gone out we have lost functionality on driver's side door locking with key fob and have learned this is a big problem that as of now GM has not addressed. All in all though, we will highly likely purchase another in the next year or two!"

LOVE MY SUBURBAN

By on Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pros: "DRIVES GREAT, BOSE SPEAKERS GREAT."

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE, REAR SEATS NOT COMFORTABLE."

"PURCHASED USED ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO. HAS GIVEN ME NO PROBLEM AT ALL. GAS MILEAGE IS NOT GOOD BUT WHAT DO YOU EXPECT. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT REAR SEATS ARE NOT COMFORTABLE. ONE THING I DO NOT LIKE IS THE WAY THE THIRD SEAT FOLDS DOWN. THE ONLY WAY YOU HAVE A FLAT SURFACE IS TO REMOVE IT COMPLETELY. ALSO, NOT MUCH LEG ROOM FOR THIRD SEAT PASSENGERS."

Awesome vehicle. comfortable, reliable.

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"Great gas mileage for a large SUV."