2012 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 276 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Did not think it would get any better!!!!!

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Great ride, quality and room for a HUGE SUV"

Cons: "None so far"

"I owned a 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe and knew it was a good vehicle, loved everything about it and thought we would keep it forever and having over 173,500 miles on it, it sure seemed like it. However, now with two young kids, a husky and possibly another dog being added to this family and repair costs for the Tahoe, it was time for a new SUV. My wife and I were looking into a HYBRID Tahoe but only getting a couple of miles difference and thinking about expense cost if the batteries or the HYBRID system goes out, we decided to keep looking at Tahoes, but when we went to the dealership, could not pass up on the Suburban LT sitting on the lot. Test drove it and it had gobbs of power, rode really smooth and you felt really safe sitting inside. Even with 2 child restraints, I mean seats, access to the 3rd row was simple and easier than our old vehicle. The features are really good, could use a couple more compartments for storage (Tahoe had a lot) and my wife and I love the interior. The leather seats are very comfortable and with good support. All of the controls for radio, AC, heater, lights, 4X4, cruise control and so on are in perfect reach. The cargo area is much bigger and my dog loves the extra room now. The power of the Chevy V8 is fantastic and even though I only get 21 MPG on the highway (when not towing anything), I'm good with that. Most little HYBRIDS can't tow a thing, this vehicle was more than I expected and worth every penny so far. I would highly recommend this vehicle to any family and friends, especially those with kids and who need to carry tons of bags when traveling!!!"

dissapointment

By on Thursday, December 30, 2010

"This vehicle has been one problem after another. It burns 2 quarts of oil every 2500 miles, Chevy has not been able to fix this problem. The interior wiring had to be replaced within the first year of ownership. Both rear defrost wires have popped off the rear windshield at least 4 times a piece. Overall I have not been happy with this vehicle and have not been able to trade it in because it maintains no resale value!"

Best vehicle I will ever own

By on Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pros: "very comfortable, made solid, felt safe"

Cons: "mpg (not bad compared to others in it's category though)"

"Bought it used with 18kmiles, it is a really solid built vehicle, only needed minor maintenance for the last 3 years. The only downside is mpg and sometimes size when driving in city (back and forth to work). We have teen boys and with their height this had the needed leg room for everyone. Even if I got put in the back seats, it was comfortable. We tried them all."

I love this truck!

By on Monday, August 24, 2009

"Just took my summer vacation in it along with my wife, our daughter and her 4 (all 5 years old and under) children on a 1700 mile one way trip to Kansas City, MO. and back. It got 16.5 miles per gallon average and was compfotable quite and smooth all the way. I've never driven as far as we did that first day. 910 miles. The 2nd day was 840! No problems and would say if you have a family? This is the car for you...."

Why I would purchase this vehicle again.

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "room, comfortable drive, options, looks of vehicle"

Cons: "gas milage"

"Living in a household of 8; we felt we needed to find a vehicle that was safe, roomy, riliable and 4wd since we live in an area that receives alot of snow. This is by far the best vehicle I have owned and I highly recommend to others. Having 6 boys involved in sports, or traveling for a trip we have found the vehicle drives very well, it is roomy enough to pack all of our luggage, has the power to tow a travel trailer or boat,etc. The BOSE premium sound and dvd player are a huge plus for traveling. The only thing I wish was better was the gas milage but with a large V8 this is to be expected. We gained all of the room and offset by dropping the gas milage. All 6 of our kids comfortably fit in this vehicle as along with the wife and I. There is still a ton of storage compared to other 8 passenger vehciles and we looked into many of them before settling on the suburban."

Lemon

By on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"We have had our 2007 Suburban since November of 2009. We purchased with 50,000 miles on it and now have 70,000 miles on it. It has been nothing but trouble for us. It burns oil consistently, my check engine oil light comes on about every 1500 to 2000 miles. This is a known problem for the 2007's that Chevrolet like to sweep under the rug. They won't do anything about it except have me fill out an oil consumption log that has gotten me nowhere. This morning, on my way to work, the low oil pressure light, stop engine light flashes on my dashboard. So I'm stranded and needing a tow truck to take me to the garage. I mean COME ON! I spent $33000 bucks on this car and it's been nothing but trouble! My radio/navigation screen went out on me, my keyless remote entry keys don't work, and Chevy recalled the heated washer fluid so they had to disconnect that as well. DO NOT BUY THE 2007 SUBURBAN! Unsatisfied Chevrolet customer :("

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Suburban

By on Friday, December 14, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable +++, Safety features"

Cons: "Pricey, big to park, fuel."

"This is a luxury car. Extremely comfortable with nearly every imaginable comfort, "bell and whistle". The "flex fuel" option allows me to have averaged 16.4 mpg...I drive about 15 country miles back and forth to work each day and then a bunch of "around town" stuff...nto bad for this size vehicle. We also travel 12+ hrs with two little ones on a regular basis to visit family. It is very comfortable for us all, and we can fit a TON of stuff in there (this does not help me control my over-packing tendencies...lol). I could not imagine being any happier with a car. I have the White diamond exterior paint...gorgeos! The color is what I couldn't resist...but I now love the rest of it just as much. This also handles very well in snow, and mud...the heated seats are heavenly and it actually cools pretty quickly in the summer despite the amount of space that needs cooling. Downside: It is a little drifty in high winds (like 40+mph....we live in a VERY flat part of the midwest). It does cost a fair amount of money to fill the tank."

Great for my entire family- haven't had any issue

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy for the size; space; features"

Cons: "None!"

"Great vehicle! I haven't had any issues with it in four years of driving it. It has plenty of space and great features. Fuel economy is close to 20 mpg in the warmer months."

It's done well so far

By on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pros: "Very room and comfortable. Good cargo w/o seats"

Cons: "Handles peel can cut you. AC circ buttons small"

"Very roomy for both passengers and cargo. Long trips are comfortable. Mid bench seats are comfortable, but the fold down ones in the back are a little stiff. I had one problem with transmission which was covered by warranty and hasn't given any problems since. Catalytic converter needed to be changed."

excellent vehicle

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "quiet smooth ride, good milage"

Cons: "haven't found any"

"own a Tahoe and and a Suburban love both probably the best vehicles I have ever owned. The suburban has plenty of room and handles like a much smaller vehicle. Very quiet and a smooth ride. I would definitely buy again."