2011 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 254 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

No Better Way to Travel

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, Ride, Interior, Exterior"

Cons: "MPG, Oil consumption"

"Really enjoy our 2007 Suburban."

Way too expensive to operate.

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pros: "Big Space,Comfort on long distance drives,"

"The is a Truck converted to a car. Almost all of the milage is highway. At 105,000 miles the transmission needed to be replaced. $5,000 WOW. Of course just after my 100,000 mile extended warranty was over, it must be engineered this way. I never trailered or overloaded this vehicle I moved three children and a 12 lb. dog. Now at 165,000 mile I have serious engine problems. This car was always serviced at the dealer with regular oil changes. This 2009 Suburban is a disappointment and I feel that with such light usage and regular maintenance on a heavy duty vehicle it should have performed MUCH better. I won't buy another Suburban. Back to Japanese cars where they respect my big dollar expense to purchase a car."

Excellent vehicle. Selling due to new purchase

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

"Excellent vehicle and selling due to new vehicle purchase. Mileage is a little high but highway miles"

All around great truck!

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "Ride/handling, good looks, people/cargo capacity"

Cons: "MDS cyl switching not as smooth as it could be"

"My 2013 Suburban gives me all the utility and comfort I could ask for. From hauling the family and dogs around town and occasional 9-hour road-trips for work to getting extra kids to and from sports and other school activities our 'Burban cannot be beat! The LT interior is excellent with leather seats for comfort and easy cleaning but yet I can still haul 4x8 sheets of plywood or drywall, mulch, or a couple dozen flats of flowers for the flower beds at home without any problem. I used to own full size four-door pickups before I moved to the GMC/Chevy full-size SUV's, and other than hauling very tall items (like large appliances) I have found nothing I used to haul in a pickup that I cannot with my Suburban. For anything really tall that will not fit inside I just hook up a small utility trailer and take advantage of the effortless towing the Suburban provides. Yes, the third-row seats are heavy to haul out if you need maximum cargo space but GM has made them very easy to roll in and out. It is an easy one-person job. No issues driving in any weather. I can count on one hand the number of times I needed to switch out of 2WD to the "auto" setting for 4WD including during several winter trips in heavy snow across PA on I-80 or during the numerous snow storms here in lower Michigan last fall. And most of those times were more to soothe my nerves than for actual traction or control issues. Smooth and responsive at highway speeds but agile enough to easily handle the local shopping mall or home improvement parking lots. Gas mileage is not an issue for me. It's a full size truck with a 320 horse 5.3L V8. What do you expect? Overall a great truck with outstanding utility you will not regret owning."

My Chevy

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

"I love my vehicle but it should have heated mirrors for the price. I have a LTZ without heated mirrors"

Overall best car value on the market today

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "Overall best car value on the market today"

Cons: "Nada - zip - none"

"Best vehicle I ever owned. I had a 2001 Suburban before this one and put 244,500 miles on it before I traded it in. For value and quality, a Chevy Suburban has no equal. I changed oil every 3,500 miles on each car and took good care of both cars. I'll be in another Suburban when I trade this one in."

Best vehicle I've ever owned!!!

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "most functional and comfortable vehicle on the roa"

Cons: "door lock failures"

"I'm still driving my 2008 model at 300,000 miles with only a recent oil pump repair. Drives like new and is as durable as they get. Only real problem with these vehicles is the door locks go out from time-to-time. Gas mileage is about 17 mpg. Love this vehicle."

NOT COMFORABLE FOR LONG TRIPS

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

"LOUSY CRUISE CONTROL DOES NOT MAINTAIN SPEEDS WHETHER TOWING OR NOT CORPORATE SUGGESTED USING TOW MODE WHEN DRIVING WITH OR WITHOUT TRAILER EFFECTIVELY ELIMINATING BENEFITS OF S 6 SPD TRANNY W/OD NO REAL BENEFIT IS THERE? LUMBAR SUPPORT ON CLOTH SEATS LOUSY THIS VEHICLE SHOULD BE SOLD AS A BUS NOT A HIGH END SUV."

2008 LTZ. Awesome Rig!

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "Exterior styling"

Cons: "Dash cracks by passanger side air bag"

"I love the style. I like it better than the 2015's. The only thing I would like to see is the availability to have the power running boards close when vehicle is put in drive instead of when the door closes. If you are in and out of the back seats (e.g. loading kids) the power running boards will open then you close the back door and they close... then you open the front doors and they open again. I just fear that something will fail because of this. I get pretty decent city gas mileage, about 16 MPG with the 5.3."

I feel like a rich person in it. lol

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "Space,comfort,power,gas mileage,reliability."

Cons: "Third row bench seats."

"This has been the best vehicle we have ever owned.. Lots of space, comfort, power, reliability and style... Gas mileage is great for its size.. 17MPG highway for us. On a recent 2000 mile trip we got 20 or better. We have never towed anything with it. Heated/cooled seats are awesome. Heated second row seats. There is only one item we didn't care for. The third row bench seat is hard as a rock.. Its ok for young kids, but not adults. Uncomfortable.. Had one recall item. It was very minor in my eyes. Had something to do with the dip stick. My wife is short and the step down out side the door is great for her. Heard some bad things about the automatic step down. So we took the standard one. Never in the way and always there. This thing has a lot to offer in extras. Not a thing has malfunctioned in 3 years.. We all complain about price. So here is mine. 59 grand for it new. Dats a lot of money.. lol.. But so far, worth it.."