2009 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 276 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Did not think it would get any better!!!!!

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Great ride, quality and room for a HUGE SUV"

Cons: "None so far"

"I owned a 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe and knew it was a good vehicle, loved everything about it and thought we would keep it forever and having over 173,500 miles on it, it sure seemed like it. However, now with two young kids, a husky and possibly another dog being added to this family and repair costs for the Tahoe, it was time for a new SUV. My wife and I were looking into a HYBRID Tahoe but only getting a couple of miles difference and thinking about expense cost if the batteries or the HYBRID system goes out, we decided to keep looking at Tahoes, but when we went to the dealership, could not pass up on the Suburban LT sitting on the lot. Test drove it and it had gobbs of power, rode really smooth and you felt really safe sitting inside. Even with 2 child restraints, I mean seats, access to the 3rd row was simple and easier than our old vehicle. The features are really good, could use a couple more compartments for storage (Tahoe had a lot) and my wife and I love the interior. The leather seats are very comfortable and with good support. All of the controls for radio, AC, heater, lights, 4X4, cruise control and so on are in perfect reach. The cargo area is much bigger and my dog loves the extra room now. The power of the Chevy V8 is fantastic and even though I only get 21 MPG on the highway (when not towing anything), I'm good with that. Most little HYBRIDS can't tow a thing, this vehicle was more than I expected and worth every penny so far. I would highly recommend this vehicle to any family and friends, especially those with kids and who need to carry tons of bags when traveling!!!"

dissapointment

By on Thursday, December 30, 2010

"This vehicle has been one problem after another. It burns 2 quarts of oil every 2500 miles, Chevy has not been able to fix this problem. The interior wiring had to be replaced within the first year of ownership. Both rear defrost wires have popped off the rear windshield at least 4 times a piece. Overall I have not been happy with this vehicle and have not been able to trade it in because it maintains no resale value!"

Best vehicle I will ever own

By on Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pros: "very comfortable, made solid, felt safe"

Cons: "mpg (not bad compared to others in it's category though)"

"Bought it used with 18kmiles, it is a really solid built vehicle, only needed minor maintenance for the last 3 years. The only downside is mpg and sometimes size when driving in city (back and forth to work). We have teen boys and with their height this had the needed leg room for everyone. Even if I got put in the back seats, it was comfortable. We tried them all."

I love this truck!

By on Monday, August 24, 2009

"Just took my summer vacation in it along with my wife, our daughter and her 4 (all 5 years old and under) children on a 1700 mile one way trip to Kansas City, MO. and back. It got 16.5 miles per gallon average and was compfotable quite and smooth all the way. I've never driven as far as we did that first day. 910 miles. The 2nd day was 840! No problems and would say if you have a family? This is the car for you...."

Why I would purchase this vehicle again.

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "room, comfortable drive, options, looks of vehicle"

Cons: "gas milage"

"Living in a household of 8; we felt we needed to find a vehicle that was safe, roomy, riliable and 4wd since we live in an area that receives alot of snow. This is by far the best vehicle I have owned and I highly recommend to others. Having 6 boys involved in sports, or traveling for a trip we have found the vehicle drives very well, it is roomy enough to pack all of our luggage, has the power to tow a travel trailer or boat,etc. The BOSE premium sound and dvd player are a huge plus for traveling. The only thing I wish was better was the gas milage but with a large V8 this is to be expected. We gained all of the room and offset by dropping the gas milage. All 6 of our kids comfortably fit in this vehicle as along with the wife and I. There is still a ton of storage compared to other 8 passenger vehciles and we looked into many of them before settling on the suburban."