2009 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 276 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Nice and comfy replacement for my last Suburban

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, Nice interior and exterior style"

Cons: "No fold flat seats, no tail gate option, no diesel"

"Very nicely done interior, looks great, rides nice, exterior looks good too. Easy to haul lots of people and 4 x 8 sheets from the hardware store. A few things I do not like are first the second row seats do not fold flat like my last one, there is no tailgate (so sorry auto makers do not offer that anymore) and that there is hesitation when you first press on the gas pedal. I also wish they offered a diesel engine!"

The only vehicle I'd drive!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, comfortable, stable."

Cons: "No cons"

There she is in all her beauty!

"Once you've owned and driven a Suburban, there's nothing else on the market that will do. The feeling of comfort, safety and security are worth everything. They handle beautifully, not much different than a car. They're beautiful to look at inside and out. My LTZ has almost every option available. The backup camera is priceless for the feeling of knowing there isn't a small child behind me when I'm backing up. I love the sun roof. The DVD player is awesome when one of my grandchildren is riding with me. I can't say enough good things about it. The only negative is the gas because of the high prices, but it's worth every single penny."

There she is in all her beauty!

Love My Truck

By on Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pros: "Very safe, very comfortable truck, excellent ride"

Cons: "Low gas mileage"

"My only wish for this truck is better gas mileage. We did a lot of highway traveling and it was very comfortable for long rides. Minimal blind spots. Very safe vehicle."

BEST SUV EVER CREATED

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "very luxurious and lots of room for the family"

Cons: "no cons"

"The 08 Suburban is absolutly the best suv ever created. It has great features such as Leather, Sunroof, Navigation, DVD, Rear Audio controls with wireless headphones for all the kids, and a Rear Backup Camera with Parking Sensors that is very helpful in the city. Another great thing about the Suburban is there is lots of room for the whole family. Everywhere i go the Suburban turns many heads and is way better looking and more luxurious than that sorry looking Ford Expedition. If you want a luxury suv with power to back it up then the Suburban is for you."

lots of room put a little over priced

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "big,lots of people,lots of room,lots of towing"

Cons: "could be equiped better, little over priced"

"there is plenty of room for the whole family. you also get a huge trunk with three rows of seats. You can also tow the boat for a family vecation. but it is a little pricy for not being that well equiped."

Great S.U.V.

By on Sunday, November 6, 2011

"Great vehicle with plenty of room for 8. Quality meets comfort with the Suburban and I would recommend this suv to anyone interested in purchasing this size vehicle."

the best TRUCK you can buy

By on Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pros: "powerful, reliable"

"we bought this truck because we wanted to go camping and had a boat to pull. our camper is 35ft and the truck pulles it like butter. this is a real mans truck. i know iam safe driving it becuase its so big and heavy it wieghs 6,996 pounds. this is the best family truck on the market today. iam so happy with my buy."

Great Vehicle - but you WILL have problems

By on Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Our Third Suburban: 98, 02, and 04 - It is the ultimate all around vehicle. Great for families, long trips, towing, outstanding in snow/bad weather, it has room for 6 people plus full cargo. With a suburban you are NEVER in a situation that you can't haul or tow something. I will likely replace this one with another one. However - if you buy one you WILL have drivetrain problems. My 98 needed a rear ring and pinion/axle bearing replaced @ 46K, the 2002 blew the transmission @ 34K and the 2004 has had the most problems: front diffferential bearings, rear axle whine, A/C failure, steering gear failure and 2 steering shaft replacements."

Love my LTZ

By on Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"This is my 3rd surb. bought new 4 years ago, now has 62k. A few minor trips to the dealer. Great in the snow, long trips, tailgating. My only complaint would be the coffin sized center console that I have to tuck my right arm into my side and open with my left."

great vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Owned several SUV's before the suburban but this tops them all foreign and domestic. Great ride, quiet, safe, comfortable and classy. I must say it does it all. If you want to ride in this type of luxury you will spend a few extra dollars on gas but it goes with the territory."

Suburban Tops

By on Monday, June 29, 2009

"Love the room and looks, but a price to be paid in gas mileage?"

Great Family SUV

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"I bought my first chevy product EVER. I have always owned the Expedition by Ford but this new body style by Chevy really turned my head. My wife and I have four kids and our Dark Blue surburban is wonderful. We opted for the 20" tires and am glad as the look is awesome when compaired with the stock 17" look. The ride is smooth and the power is there also. We pull a 26' camper with very little problem. Gas milage with camper is a disappointing 10 or less. With flex fuel we notice a small drop in Gas Milage to about 14.5. DVD with wireless headphones are great as we can still listen to the XM and the kids can watch their movies. ON STAR IS A MUST>>> saved me 3 times already with door unlocks. Only two complaints come to mind and one is my fault.... rear seats dont lay flat which is not a huge issue, but the Expedition laid flat and I miss it. The 2nd is it did not hold up to an impact with my garage door. HINT remember to shut rear lift gate before pulling in to the garage a very quick 1100.00 damage. GREAT VEHICLE"

Love this vehicle, will buy another one.

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pros: "Lots of room, looks great."

Cons: "A little pricey."

"I have owned this suburban for 5 years. It is a great vehicle to own and drive. I will be trading sometime this year and will be buying another suburban. I wish they were a little cheaper, but are worth the money."

Best vehicle I've ever owned!!!

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "most functional and comfortable vehicle on the roa"

Cons: "door lock failures"

"I'm still driving my 2008 model at 300,000 miles with only a recent oil pump repair. Drives like new and is as durable as they get. Only real problem with these vehicles is the door locks go out from time-to-time. Gas mileage is about 17 mpg. Love this vehicle."

'07 2LT Suburban - Wish I had my Sequoia back

By on Wednesday, December 3, 2008

"There is no doubt that this vehicle has enough power to pull a small house (which we really don't need, but my husband thinks so). But as a former Sequoia owner who wishes she still were one, I think the quality of the interior is cheap looking. I don't like that the middle row seats don't recline at all and as soon as my sons get older, I can see how the back seat will be absolutely useless because of how cramped it is. There is a lack of storage "cubbies" and I wish there were more compartments. Though we have the Bose stereo in the Suburban, I am not the least bit pleased with the reception of the radio - never was an issue before and isn't in my husband's Camry. Wish I had gotten the back up sensors for the size of this "bus". We live in a hilly area of San Antonio and the gas mileage is dismal as a result. I want so badly to support our American car makers, but having recently driven the newest Sequoia, there is absolutely no comparison. And this vehicle has lost an INCREDIBLE amount of value since we bought it in July 2007....with only 8700 miles on it. Had a problem with the gas tank leaking when I filled it...like a big burp when the pump cut off even when filling it at the slowest speed (and I don't top off). Chevy told me that they had never had any problems reported with the gas tank...After 4 visits to the dealership, they finally replaced my gas tank and the problem went away. FINALLY! Resetting the tire pressure system is a nightmare....and for safety in this day and age, Chevy needs to offer side airbags as a standard feature....Though we have cloth, what is this fuzzy fabric on the back of almost all the seats? Why not leather all the way around?!?!?! If I weren't so upside down, I'd get rid of this vehicle in a heartbeat! I don't like the lack of adjustable seats in the second and third rows."

good vehicle lots of room excellent

By on Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pros: "tows great lots of room comfortable relaible"

Cons: "rough ride everyting was cheap plastic interior"

"this is a very nice vehicle. the interior is very cheap like hard plastic dash had plastic door panels for an ltz not nice. tows excellent. just miss the ride and interior of my jeep. but has more room. but and lousy gas milage"

Love my car have had same car for years

By on Friday, December 9, 2011

"If my children were still at home and I needed the space I would buy another. I have had a Suburban for the past 15 years and have loved them all."

not chevy's best

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "great look"

Cons: "not reliable, uncomfortable,"

"certainly not Chevy's best. My 2003 suburban was far superior to this one. The 2009 has a lot more toys on it but the 2003 drove better, was more reliable and a lot more comfortable. I wish I had my old one back. I have had 6 suburbans and 2 Tahoes since 1999 so they are nothing i haven't experienced before."

Best vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Monday, May 18, 2015

Pros: "Did the job I bought it for dependably."

"I ordered this Chevrolet Suburban 2500. My experience with this vehicle tells me General Motors has significantly improved the quality of the vehicles they build. It has 176,000 miles and I never had to put brakes on it. I never had to do anything to transmission or engine. It has been a great vehicle."

Absolutely LOVE this vehicle!!!

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Lots of features that make a long drive better"

Cons: "A little pricey and not the best MPG"

Simply beautiful!!

"We absolutely LOVE this vehicle and would never go with anything else again. We will keep this one til it dies and then replace it with another Suburban. We have a 6 person family, so the room and comfort it offers is insurpassable."

Simply beautiful!!

Suburban - perfect large SUV!

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, powerful, tows everything, roomy"

Cons: "Eats gas, 13 to 14 mpg but what do you expect?"

"Why would you own any other SUV other than a Suburban? I have 3 kids and we drive to most of our vacations (just got back from Disney World!). Enough room for everything in back, drives awesome, handles like a car, you're up high and tons of power. We have horses and trailer everything and it never feels like it's pulling anything. We have a Diamond Anniversary edition and while GM doesn't make much right, one thing they do know how to make is a large SUV!"

love the vehicle hate the gas mileage

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Cons: "gas mileage"

"we went from a 06 escalade esv with the vortex max to the 07 suburban with the 6.0 with cylinder deactivation and must say the escalade got much better mpg than this suburban ever thought of. We have owned this for 11 months and I would go back to the older model today if I could"

I love our sub. Comfortable, roomy, smooth ride

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride, steering a breeze, and roomy"

Cons: "Steering wheel and door handles peel"

"Before or 2007 we had a 1997. Bought both cars new and love them both.With the new 2007 changes, this sub has been great. The ride is smooth and steering a breeze. We have 113241 miles with only regular maintenance need. Gave the Interior a 7/10 due to steering wheel and door handles peeling. Had both replaced under warranty and they peeled again. They finally recalled the door handles and that seems to be holding up. However, the steering wheel is still peeling."

great for large family.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "size, comfort, style, safety."

Cons: "gas mileage."

"love my truck. only downfall is mileage."

great truck. would buy again

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "love the truck"

Cons: "price high"

"Overall great pet peeves - no mp3 connection, no bluetooth, hands free phone is very annoying. had some issues with third row seats that took 4 trips to dealer to fix - dealer issue."