2009 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 243 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Loved the car for the first year

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "size and comfort, power, style, looked good"

Cons: "Poor electrical systems and motors"

"Great out of the box, but all door locks, rear hatch, side window defrost, tow gear, electric windshield heater, CD player broke between 9 months and 3 yrs. Engine quit at 126,000 miles."

Great for my entire family- haven't had any issue

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy for the size; space; features"

Cons: "None!"

"Great vehicle! I haven't had any issues with it in four years of driving it. It has plenty of space and great features. Fuel economy is close to 20 mpg in the warmer months."

Biggest waist of money ever!

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "It handle surprisingly well for how big it is."

Cons: "Engine and transmission failing!"

"The engine was poorly designed and they could have done a better fuel program that would meet each customers need. Its also really big so not a city vehicle at all. And lastly Transmission problems."

great ride!!

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "absolutely wonderful ride the last of a dyingbreed"

Cons: "nothing"

"why on gods green earth wold ANYONE buy an 80k dollar toyota land cruiser whe they could have the suburban and all of the reliability comfort room style wonderful driving dynamics and overall quality along aith the best resale in the business. for 57k!!! nuff said!!!"

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Suburban

By on Friday, December 14, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable +++, Safety features"

Cons: "Pricey, big to park, fuel."

"This is a luxury car. Extremely comfortable with nearly every imaginable comfort, "bell and whistle". The "flex fuel" option allows me to have averaged 16.4 mpg...I drive about 15 country miles back and forth to work each day and then a bunch of "around town" stuff...nto bad for this size vehicle. We also travel 12+ hrs with two little ones on a regular basis to visit family. It is very comfortable for us all, and we can fit a TON of stuff in there (this does not help me control my over-packing tendencies...lol). I could not imagine being any happier with a car. I have the White diamond exterior paint...gorgeos! The color is what I couldn't resist...but I now love the rest of it just as much. This also handles very well in snow, and mud...the heated seats are heavenly and it actually cools pretty quickly in the summer despite the amount of space that needs cooling. Downside: It is a little drifty in high winds (like 40+mph....we live in a VERY flat part of the midwest). It does cost a fair amount of money to fill the tank."

There's Nothing 'Sub' In This Suburban

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "All Of The Comforts Of Home"

Cons: "It does consume fuel; just so you know."

The Chevrolet Suburban takes you to the 'edge' of America and anywhere you'd care to go.

"Circumstances found me requiring a vehicle larger than my 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ. This time, instead of selling to a relative, I traded up for the 2013 7-seat configuration Chevrolet Suburban LTZ. I chose this well-optioned Suburban for its enhanced carrying capacity, luxuriously appointed interior and refined road manners. I was able to take 6 people, including myself, and all of our gear to the New Jersey shore for several days of surf fishing recently. This, of course, was prior to Hurricane Sandy walloping New Jersey with a fury not seen in decades. We left for home two days prior to the hurricane's arrival and as the seas began to churn. The structural integrity of the Suburban LTZ is unsurpassed and bespeaks a vehicle of more compact dimensions. I feel comfortable in tight spaces in much the same manner as with backing-in to a parking spot with my former vehicle, the Tahoe. Outward vision's very good and a Side Blind Zone Alert system embedded in both side view mirrors notifies the driver of vehicles/objects which may be out of the driver's peripheral view. The rear-view camera is a tremendous aid in backing-up and an intuitive grid, which reflects the direction of travel, is displayed on the Navigation/Video screen to alert the driver to obstacles and represents the path of the rear end of the Suburban while in-motion. I like that feature as it allows the driver to 'square-up' the flanks of the vehicle relative to painted lines in a parking lot and/or vehicles on either side. This feature alone can make a good driver a better driver. I enjoy feeling pampered while driving my new Suburban. Comfortable heated and cooled front seats, adjustable control pedals, heated steering wheel and a top-flight Bose audio/video system are conveniences that I relate to whether settling in for a long trip or going out for dinner with friends; I like to tell them that I'm willing to drive. I have not detected a squeak, rattle in over 2000 miles of driving so far. There's a lean, taut feel to this 2013 Suburban that I favor. At highway speeds wind noise is minimal and even at that the audio automatically compensates for it in raising the volume commensurate with increased speed. The 2013 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ represents the pinnacle of this body style's development. The paint on my vehicle is flawless, the body panel fit is precise and flush at the seams where the doors, roof and curved fascias meet. The stance of the Suburban is purposeful even when the vehicle is not in motion and I've received many compliments on my choice which is fine though humbling. You can do a lot with this vehicle and configure the seats so that you can haul/move just about everything. I ask; What's not to like?"

Almost as Good as its Predecessor

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Best ride, most reliable, safe."

Cons: "You have to be able to afford it."

"This is the my third Suburban. I still own the 2004, which now has 240,000 miles. It wasn't perfect. At 205,000 miles, I had to get a break job. :) That was my first repair on the car. Unbelievable. It might be the best car that General Motors ever made. I still have not done any major work on engine or transmission and my son went on a 7,000 mile road trip without a hitch or a worry on my part. My 2011 seems to be off to the same kind of start. My only complaint with the changes is that the passenger seats no longer lay completely flat, meaning you lose that extra two feet of cargo space. I am a big man in my 50's with some back issues. Suburban's have the best ride of any vehicle, period. I have driven it from Wisconsin to Seattle in two days, with very little soreness. It is like going first class instead of coach."

It's done well so far

By on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pros: "Very room and comfortable. Good cargo w/o seats"

Cons: "Handles peel can cut you. AC circ buttons small"

"Very roomy for both passengers and cargo. Long trips are comfortable. Mid bench seats are comfortable, but the fold down ones in the back are a little stiff. I had one problem with transmission which was covered by warranty and hasn't given any problems since. Catalytic converter needed to be changed."

good vehicle lots of room excellent

By on Sunday, May 06, 2012

Pros: "tows great lots of room comfortable relaible"

Cons: "rough ride everyting was cheap plastic interior"

"this is a very nice vehicle. the interior is very cheap like hard plastic dash had plastic door panels for an ltz not nice. tows excellent. just miss the ride and interior of my jeep. but has more room. but and lousy gas milage"

Excellent for larger families!

By on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Pros: "Great roomy family vehicle with good cargo room"

Cons: "poor fuel efficiency"

"We depend on our sub and cannot imagine life without it. Roomy with four children and with middle buckets, allows kids to make their way to third row easily. Interior is plush on the LTZ and very, very comfortable. Drives great for larger SUV. Downside is mileage (terrible) and steering wheel is peeling. Also, Chevy emblem on front grill looked trashy after just a year or so (peeled from the inside) and the steering wheel peeled just after warranty. GM was great while warranty lasted with repairs to noise on windshield and whining on front windows when opening/closing windows. Since warranty has gone out we have lost functionality on driver's side door locking with key fob and have learned this is a big problem that as of now GM has not addressed. All in all though, we will highly likely purchase another in the next year or two!"

I love our sub. Comfortable, roomy, smooth ride

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride, steering a breeze, and roomy"

Cons: "Steering wheel and door handles peel"

"Before or 2007 we had a 1997. Bought both cars new and love them both.With the new 2007 changes, this sub has been great. The ride is smooth and steering a breeze. We have 113241 miles with only regular maintenance need. Gave the Interior a 7/10 due to steering wheel and door handles peeling. Had both replaced under warranty and they peeled again. They finally recalled the door handles and that seems to be holding up. However, the steering wheel is still peeling."

THE WORST VEHICLE WE HAVE OWNED.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "LARGE ENOUGH FOR A FAMILY OF 6"

Cons: "THIS VEHICLE IS TRULY A MONEYPIT"

"THIS VEHICLE HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP OVER 8 TIMES SINCE BOUGHT IN 2010. CONSTANT HEADACHE. STAY AWAY FROM THE "07 YEAR CLASS SUBURBAN."

great for large family.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "size, comfort, style, safety."

Cons: "gas mileage."

"love my truck. only downfall is mileage."

Love it wont own anything else til my kids are gon

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

"Love it!"

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

"Gas mileage isnt bad - although you will never get the 21 mpg that is possible in this area. Wish that the middle and rear seats reclined- thats what the kids gripe about. Glove box is tiny but since its a reach for the driver its not a big deal. 4 wheel drive doesnt seem to be as stout as a trucks though. All in all it sure beats the minivan and anything else we have owned- and its cheaper than most other suvs"

Brake issues in the 2011 Yukon XL

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

"Any steep mountain pass drivers out there? We think the brakes on our Yukon are faulty - 20k miles, vehicle shakes when brakes are used on steeper inclines. Probably warping, but took it in and dealer said it was fixed. Have driven two other Yukons to 150k miles and NEVER had these issues on same roads, same driver. Anyone else out there having brake issues on inclines?"

great truck. would buy again

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "love the truck"

Cons: "price high"

"Overall great pet peeves - no mp3 connection, no bluetooth, hands free phone is very annoying. had some issues with third row seats that took 4 trips to dealer to fix - dealer issue."

Worst engine ever

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "great ride"

Cons: "engine"

"Burned oit from first day we purchased it. Have had it in the shop 3 times for major engine repairs. Not sure I will get to drive this one much past the warrenty."

Great family car

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "Tows great and gets great gas mileage considering"

Cons: "3rd row middle seat belt"

"We love our suburban, there is only 1 thing I wish was different and that is the 3rd row seat belt for the middle passenger. The latch system is constantly falling down and it gets lost in it's pouch. The kids can't get it out so I have to climb back there and get it. I think if the latch had a stiff body (kind of how the old ones were encased in plastic) to hold it up and not cave in when the buckle trying to be inserted there would not be a problem anymore. Fortunately for us we don't use the rear middle often but this is something we have to adjust every time we do use it."

Nice ride for a SUV, I have driven Subs 39 yrs

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "Lots of room, great ride"

Cons: "Front airdam too low, ground clearance low"

"Major Transmission Failure at 112,000 miles. 5.3 Liter. 2007 has fuel injector #7 problems past 85,000 miles If you notice engine miss and get unusual computer dialog information on dash board most likely #7 fuel injector is sticking. It burns out #7 spark plug and needs #7 injector replaced. This was documented on the internet numerous times by the repair shop I use."

LOVE MY SUBURBAN

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "DRIVES GREAT, BOSE SPEAKERS GREAT."

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE, REAR SEATS NOT COMFORTABLE."

"PURCHASED USED ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO. HAS GIVEN ME NO PROBLEM AT ALL. GAS MILEAGE IS NOT GOOD BUT WHAT DO YOU EXPECT. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT REAR SEATS ARE NOT COMFORTABLE. ONE THING I DO NOT LIKE IS THE WAY THE THIRD SEAT FOLDS DOWN. THE ONLY WAY YOU HAVE A FLAT SURFACE IS TO REMOVE IT COMPLETELY. ALSO, NOT MUCH LEG ROOM FOR THIRD SEAT PASSENGERS."

Safest car around

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "Strong, rides great, Very reliable."

Cons: "NONE"

"My two sons just got in a accident and they were driving this truck. If it wasn't for this truck, Lord only knows what the outcome would have been. After seening the accident myself, I could never go back to another Vehicle. Very strong truck. It saved my boys lives."

Did not think it would get any better!!!!!

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Great ride, quality and room for a HUGE SUV"

Cons: "None so far"

"I owned a 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe and knew it was a good vehicle, loved everything about it and thought we would keep it forever and having over 173,500 miles on it, it sure seemed like it. However, now with two young kids, a husky and possibly another dog being added to this family and repair costs for the Tahoe, it was time for a new SUV. My wife and I were looking into a HYBRID Tahoe but only getting a couple of miles difference and thinking about expense cost if the batteries or the HYBRID system goes out, we decided to keep looking at Tahoes, but when we went to the dealership, could not pass up on the Suburban LT sitting on the lot. Test drove it and it had gobbs of power, rode really smooth and you felt really safe sitting inside. Even with 2 child restraints, I mean seats, access to the 3rd row was simple and easier than our old vehicle. The features are really good, could use a couple more compartments for storage (Tahoe had a lot) and my wife and I love the interior. The leather seats are very comfortable and with good support. All of the controls for radio, AC, heater, lights, 4X4, cruise control and so on are in perfect reach. The cargo area is much bigger and my dog loves the extra room now. The power of the Chevy V8 is fantastic and even though I only get 21 MPG on the highway (when not towing anything), I'm good with that. Most little HYBRIDS can't tow a thing, this vehicle was more than I expected and worth every penny so far. I would highly recommend this vehicle to any family and friends, especially those with kids and who need to carry tons of bags when traveling!!!"

Why I would purchase this vehicle again.

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "room, comfortable drive, options, looks of vehicle"

Cons: "gas milage"

"Living in a household of 8; we felt we needed to find a vehicle that was safe, roomy, riliable and 4wd since we live in an area that receives alot of snow. This is by far the best vehicle I have owned and I highly recommend to others. Having 6 boys involved in sports, or traveling for a trip we have found the vehicle drives very well, it is roomy enough to pack all of our luggage, has the power to tow a travel trailer or boat,etc. The BOSE premium sound and dvd player are a huge plus for traveling. The only thing I wish was better was the gas milage but with a large V8 this is to be expected. We gained all of the room and offset by dropping the gas milage. All 6 of our kids comfortably fit in this vehicle as along with the wife and I. There is still a ton of storage compared to other 8 passenger vehciles and we looked into many of them before settling on the suburban."

The only vehicle I'd drive!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, comfortable, stable."

Cons: "No cons"

There she is in all her beauty!

"Once you've owned and driven a Suburban, there's nothing else on the market that will do. The feeling of comfort, safety and security are worth everything. They handle beautifully, not much different than a car. They're beautiful to look at inside and out. My LTZ has almost every option available. The backup camera is priceless for the feeling of knowing there isn't a small child behind me when I'm backing up. I love the sun roof. The DVD player is awesome when one of my grandchildren is riding with me. I can't say enough good things about it. The only negative is the gas because of the high prices, but it's worth every single penny."

There she is in all her beauty!