2008 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 276 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Oil burner

By on Saturday, December 6, 2008

"My 2007 Suburban begin consuming oil at 3 times the allowed amount by GM at 19,000 miles. I am finally getting a replacement motor at 29,000. Many of the 5.3 L Vortec motors are burning oil with no smoke or identifiable leaks (not limited to Suburban). I don't recommend this vehicle for reliability. The new design is wonderful and the ride fantastic. The quality of this vehicle is NOT a reflection of the high sticker price. I have had 3 seat covers replaced, the lighter cover breaks off when you plug in your cell phone charger (3 replacements), chrome on the door handle bubbled and peeled off, battery died after 12 months, 4wd had issue at 1,800 miles, a/c had no charge at 50 miles, found a/c leak at firewall 500 miles, clear coat on bumper bubbled and peeled at 12 months. The gas mileage is also something to be desired. I have yet to see 20 mpg as stated on the sticker. Best I ever saw was 18.1 per gallon and that was only once. Average gas mileage is 11.4 (city) to 14.2 (hwy)."

There's Nothing 'Sub' In This Suburban

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pros: "All Of The Comforts Of Home"

Cons: "It does consume fuel; just so you know."

The Chevrolet Suburban takes you to the 'edge' of America and anywhere you'd care to go.

"Circumstances found me requiring a vehicle larger than my 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ. This time, instead of selling to a relative, I traded up for the 2013 7-seat configuration Chevrolet Suburban LTZ. I chose this well-optioned Suburban for its enhanced carrying capacity, luxuriously appointed interior and refined road manners. I was able to take 6 people, including myself, and all of our gear to the New Jersey shore for several days of surf fishing recently. This, of course, was prior to Hurricane Sandy walloping New Jersey with a fury not seen in decades. We left for home two days prior to the hurricane's arrival and as the seas began to churn. The structural integrity of the Suburban LTZ is unsurpassed and bespeaks a vehicle of more compact dimensions. I feel comfortable in tight spaces in much the same manner as with backing-in to a parking spot with my former vehicle, the Tahoe. Outward vision's very good and a Side Blind Zone Alert system embedded in both side view mirrors notifies the driver of vehicles/objects which may be out of the driver's peripheral view. The rear-view camera is a tremendous aid in backing-up and an intuitive grid, which reflects the direction of travel, is displayed on the Navigation/Video screen to alert the driver to obstacles and represents the path of the rear end of the Suburban while in-motion. I like that feature as it allows the driver to 'square-up' the flanks of the vehicle relative to painted lines in a parking lot and/or vehicles on either side. This feature alone can make a good driver a better driver. I enjoy feeling pampered while driving my new Suburban. Comfortable heated and cooled front seats, adjustable control pedals, heated steering wheel and a top-flight Bose audio/video system are conveniences that I relate to whether settling in for a long trip or going out for dinner with friends; I like to tell them that I'm willing to drive. I have not detected a squeak, rattle in over 2000 miles of driving so far. There's a lean, taut feel to this 2013 Suburban that I favor. At highway speeds wind noise is minimal and even at that the audio automatically compensates for it in raising the volume commensurate with increased speed. The 2013 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ represents the pinnacle of this body style's development. The paint on my vehicle is flawless, the body panel fit is precise and flush at the seams where the doors, roof and curved fascias meet. The stance of the Suburban is purposeful even when the vehicle is not in motion and I've received many compliments on my choice which is fine though humbling. You can do a lot with this vehicle and configure the seats so that you can haul/move just about everything. I ask; What's not to like?"

LOVE IT

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

"I LOVE MY SUBURBAN! GOOD GAS MILEAGE FOR AN SUV. SEATS 8. ALWAYS HAVE ROOM FOR ALL OF OUR BOYS AND THEIR FRIENDS. FOOTBALL, BASEBALL, BASKETBALL, TOWING THE BOAT, MOTORCYCLES CAMPING, TAKING THE DOGS TO THE BEACH. NO MATTER WHAT I HAVE ENJOYED MY SUBURBAN."

Almost as Good as its Predecessor

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Best ride, most reliable, safe."

Cons: "You have to be able to afford it."

"This is the my third Suburban. I still own the 2004, which now has 240,000 miles. It wasn't perfect. At 205,000 miles, I had to get a break job. :) That was my first repair on the car. Unbelievable. It might be the best car that General Motors ever made. I still have not done any major work on engine or transmission and my son went on a 7,000 mile road trip without a hitch or a worry on my part. My 2011 seems to be off to the same kind of start. My only complaint with the changes is that the passenger seats no longer lay completely flat, meaning you lose that extra two feet of cargo space. I am a big man in my 50's with some back issues. Suburban's have the best ride of any vehicle, period. I have driven it from Wisconsin to Seattle in two days, with very little soreness. It is like going first class instead of coach."

THE WORST VEHICLE WE HAVE OWNED.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "LARGE ENOUGH FOR A FAMILY OF 6"

Cons: "THIS VEHICLE IS TRULY A MONEYPIT"

"THIS VEHICLE HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP OVER 8 TIMES SINCE BOUGHT IN 2010. CONSTANT HEADACHE. STAY AWAY FROM THE "07 YEAR CLASS SUBURBAN."