2008 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 271 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

some troubles

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"My trany broke down at 10,000 miles. It was in the shop for a week new trany installed. I still like the vehicle. Very large and comfotable. Have 2 small children and dvd is nice. I got the second row bucket seats a must have if got kids. I wish the 3rd row folded flat. It still is a gas guzzler. Even with active fuel managment. It seems it only works on long straight highways below 70mph. If you go on trips with any hills then forget about it. Average mpg is 14 city and 18 highway."

Great SUV

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"The new 2007 Chevy Suburban is much smoother riding, better styled and overall designed than the previous models. The active fuel management which shuts down 4 of the 8 cylinders when not needed gives us 18-19 miles per gallon on the highway. I like this vehicle because we can carry up to 9 people (with 3 rows of bench seats) COMFORTABLY and still have plenty of room in the back for cargo. We have the base LS model and added dealer installed leather. The base LS model comes very well equipped and suits our needs. If you're looking for a reliable, good-looking, large SUV without spending a fortune, it doesn't get much better than this!"

There's Nothing 'Sub' In This Suburban

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "All Of The Comforts Of Home"

Cons: "It does consume fuel; just so you know."

The Chevrolet Suburban takes you to the 'edge' of America and anywhere you'd care to go.

"Circumstances found me requiring a vehicle larger than my 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ. This time, instead of selling to a relative, I traded up for the 2013 7-seat configuration Chevrolet Suburban LTZ. I chose this well-optioned Suburban for its enhanced carrying capacity, luxuriously appointed interior and refined road manners. I was able to take 6 people, including myself, and all of our gear to the New Jersey shore for several days of surf fishing recently. This, of course, was prior to Hurricane Sandy walloping New Jersey with a fury not seen in decades. We left for home two days prior to the hurricane's arrival and as the seas began to churn. The structural integrity of the Suburban LTZ is unsurpassed and bespeaks a vehicle of more compact dimensions. I feel comfortable in tight spaces in much the same manner as with backing-in to a parking spot with my former vehicle, the Tahoe. Outward vision's very good and a Side Blind Zone Alert system embedded in both side view mirrors notifies the driver of vehicles/objects which may be out of the driver's peripheral view. The rear-view camera is a tremendous aid in backing-up and an intuitive grid, which reflects the direction of travel, is displayed on the Navigation/Video screen to alert the driver to obstacles and represents the path of the rear end of the Suburban while in-motion. I like that feature as it allows the driver to 'square-up' the flanks of the vehicle relative to painted lines in a parking lot and/or vehicles on either side. This feature alone can make a good driver a better driver. I enjoy feeling pampered while driving my new Suburban. Comfortable heated and cooled front seats, adjustable control pedals, heated steering wheel and a top-flight Bose audio/video system are conveniences that I relate to whether settling in for a long trip or going out for dinner with friends; I like to tell them that I'm willing to drive. I have not detected a squeak, rattle in over 2000 miles of driving so far. There's a lean, taut feel to this 2013 Suburban that I favor. At highway speeds wind noise is minimal and even at that the audio automatically compensates for it in raising the volume commensurate with increased speed. The 2013 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ represents the pinnacle of this body style's development. The paint on my vehicle is flawless, the body panel fit is precise and flush at the seams where the doors, roof and curved fascias meet. The stance of the Suburban is purposeful even when the vehicle is not in motion and I've received many compliments on my choice which is fine though humbling. You can do a lot with this vehicle and configure the seats so that you can haul/move just about everything. I ask; What's not to like?"

Oil burner

By on Saturday, December 06, 2008

"My 2007 Suburban begin consuming oil at 3 times the allowed amount by GM at 19,000 miles. I am finally getting a replacement motor at 29,000. Many of the 5.3 L Vortec motors are burning oil with no smoke or identifiable leaks (not limited to Suburban). I don't recommend this vehicle for reliability. The new design is wonderful and the ride fantastic. The quality of this vehicle is NOT a reflection of the high sticker price. I have had 3 seat covers replaced, the lighter cover breaks off when you plug in your cell phone charger (3 replacements), chrome on the door handle bubbled and peeled off, battery died after 12 months, 4wd had issue at 1,800 miles, a/c had no charge at 50 miles, found a/c leak at firewall 500 miles, clear coat on bumper bubbled and peeled at 12 months. The gas mileage is also something to be desired. I have yet to see 20 mpg as stated on the sticker. Best I ever saw was 18.1 per gallon and that was only once. Average gas mileage is 11.4 (city) to 14.2 (hwy)."

LOVE IT

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

"I LOVE MY SUBURBAN! GOOD GAS MILEAGE FOR AN SUV. SEATS 8. ALWAYS HAVE ROOM FOR ALL OF OUR BOYS AND THEIR FRIENDS. FOOTBALL, BASEBALL, BASKETBALL, TOWING THE BOAT, MOTORCYCLES CAMPING, TAKING THE DOGS TO THE BEACH. NO MATTER WHAT I HAVE ENJOYED MY SUBURBAN."

Almost as Good as its Predecessor

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Best ride, most reliable, safe."

Cons: "You have to be able to afford it."

"This is the my third Suburban. I still own the 2004, which now has 240,000 miles. It wasn't perfect. At 205,000 miles, I had to get a break job. :) That was my first repair on the car. Unbelievable. It might be the best car that General Motors ever made. I still have not done any major work on engine or transmission and my son went on a 7,000 mile road trip without a hitch or a worry on my part. My 2011 seems to be off to the same kind of start. My only complaint with the changes is that the passenger seats no longer lay completely flat, meaning you lose that extra two feet of cargo space. I am a big man in my 50's with some back issues. Suburban's have the best ride of any vehicle, period. I have driven it from Wisconsin to Seattle in two days, with very little soreness. It is like going first class instead of coach."

THE WORST VEHICLE WE HAVE OWNED.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "LARGE ENOUGH FOR A FAMILY OF 6"

Cons: "THIS VEHICLE IS TRULY A MONEYPIT"

"THIS VEHICLE HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP OVER 8 TIMES SINCE BOUGHT IN 2010. CONSTANT HEADACHE. STAY AWAY FROM THE "07 YEAR CLASS SUBURBAN."

Did not think it would get any better!!!!!

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Great ride, quality and room for a HUGE SUV"

Cons: "None so far"

"I owned a 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe and knew it was a good vehicle, loved everything about it and thought we would keep it forever and having over 173,500 miles on it, it sure seemed like it. However, now with two young kids, a husky and possibly another dog being added to this family and repair costs for the Tahoe, it was time for a new SUV. My wife and I were looking into a HYBRID Tahoe but only getting a couple of miles difference and thinking about expense cost if the batteries or the HYBRID system goes out, we decided to keep looking at Tahoes, but when we went to the dealership, could not pass up on the Suburban LT sitting on the lot. Test drove it and it had gobbs of power, rode really smooth and you felt really safe sitting inside. Even with 2 child restraints, I mean seats, access to the 3rd row was simple and easier than our old vehicle. The features are really good, could use a couple more compartments for storage (Tahoe had a lot) and my wife and I love the interior. The leather seats are very comfortable and with good support. All of the controls for radio, AC, heater, lights, 4X4, cruise control and so on are in perfect reach. The cargo area is much bigger and my dog loves the extra room now. The power of the Chevy V8 is fantastic and even though I only get 21 MPG on the highway (when not towing anything), I'm good with that. Most little HYBRIDS can't tow a thing, this vehicle was more than I expected and worth every penny so far. I would highly recommend this vehicle to any family and friends, especially those with kids and who need to carry tons of bags when traveling!!!"

dissapointment

By on Thursday, December 30, 2010

"This vehicle has been one problem after another. It burns 2 quarts of oil every 2500 miles, Chevy has not been able to fix this problem. The interior wiring had to be replaced within the first year of ownership. Both rear defrost wires have popped off the rear windshield at least 4 times a piece. Overall I have not been happy with this vehicle and have not been able to trade it in because it maintains no resale value!"

Best vehicle I will ever own

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pros: "very comfortable, made solid, felt safe"

Cons: "mpg (not bad compared to others in it's category though)"

"Bought it used with 18kmiles, it is a really solid built vehicle, only needed minor maintenance for the last 3 years. The only downside is mpg and sometimes size when driving in city (back and forth to work). We have teen boys and with their height this had the needed leg room for everyone. Even if I got put in the back seats, it was comfortable. We tried them all."