2008 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 272 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Luxery ride with room for 8 and luggage too!

By on Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Pros: "Available luxury"

Cons: "price"

"Decent gas mileage (21 hwy and 16 city) for a vehicle that provides plenty of room for a large family. DVD entertainment system keeps kids entertained with or without head phones. Drives like a luxury car. Could not be happier with the strong V8 that has plenty of power for passing or pulling a trailer. Great Choice!"

Impressive Vehicle

By on Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Its a great vehicle. We were able to fit 3 front facing carseats in the back seat but only 2 car seats in the middle seat due to the doors taking up 2 inches too much space. Adults would have a hard time with the leg room in the back seat. The middle seat seemed ok but there is room for improvement as far as leg space goes. Made a six hour trip to Wyoming seam quick since it floated down the highway. It has plenty of power to get around slower vehilces and the fuel economy with the flexfuel is to be expected of the larger vechicle. The 4cyl mode only kicks in on flat or down hill roads when not excelerating. It would be nice if it kicked in while idleing. We already had a problem with the fuel pump module only after 90 days after purchase (12000 miles) but other then that it seems like a sturdy vehicle mechanically. The turning radius is impressivly small and makes it easy to navigate in the city. I would buy it again in a heartbeat."

best suv

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2008

"have owned other sub., tahoe's, and expeditons. For the size of this vehicle I get 17-21mpg. You have to drop to a rav4 or forester to beat the gas mileage. Why buy a small or mid size suv? Ive got the safety with this. Went on vacation--with wife, 4 kids. mother.and mother inlaw for 7 days. I did not have to use luggage carrier. But other wise loaded and still got 19-20mpg the whole trip. Best vehicle ive owned. Awesome in winter weather. My wife loves this vehicle. I hear u can get a deal on them now!"

2nd one i have owned

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"my 1st was a 2000 GMC yukon xl-some small steering column issues but overall very good.My 2nd was a 2005 chevy z71-no complaints whats so ever.40k miles nothing but oil changes.considering moving on up to the 08 -like the new features.Best family vehicle out there.Would recommend to any family."

Nice but has had issues

By on Friday, May 09, 2008

"I love the size and drive of my suburban but it has had some issues. When you spend $40k on a brand new vehicle you don't expect things like this to happen. We have had this 1 1/2 year and we have put just under 28,000 miles on. First issue: the driver side & rearview mirrors are always dim at night and still has a problem after having the rearview mirror replaced due to a sensor and the driver side mirror replaced. The thing has died 2X's while being on accessory for 10minutes. Had to have it jumped both times. Fuel mileage is nowhere near what it said it would be. The only time it goes to 4cyl. is when it coasts. Now it is using oil. After last oil change we drove 2500miles to texas and back and had to add a quart when we got back. Just 1200 miles after that we had to add another quart. We are now doing an oil consumption test on it. I think we got a lemon. Not what I want when I need something more reliable to haul my family around."