2008 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 242 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Tahoe and Suburbans are the best overall vehicles.

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good visibility(I'm 6'2")"

"Having driven many vehicles over 45 years, the Suburban has been the most pleasant and reliable I have had. Our 2013 Suburban LTZ (towing and 4WD) meets all our family local and long trip needs, comfortably. I especially like the air ride feature for towing equalizaton and for my Rheumatoid arthritis. Being 100% disabled and sometimes needing to drive for 8-10 hours is no problem. All the safety features add a degree of relaxation as well (lane-change warning in side view mirrors; back-up warning and view is great in parking lots). Using the bluetooth feature with my cell phone is a stroke of genius: hands free driving and focus on the road at all times. I had a 2011 LTZ and probably will get a 2015 or later model. They just keep getting better!"

Nice and comfy replacement for my last Suburban

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, Nice interior and exterior style"

Cons: "No fold flat seats, no tail gate option, no diesel"

"Very nicely done interior, looks great, rides nice, exterior looks good too. Easy to haul lots of people and 4 x 8 sheets from the hardware store. A few things I do not like are first the second row seats do not fold flat like my last one, there is no tailgate (so sorry auto makers do not offer that anymore) and that there is hesitation when you first press on the gas pedal. I also wish they offered a diesel engine!"

Worth it

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Looks mean, fun to drive, roomy, economical for V8"

"Needed something big enough for the family and big enough to tow. With the 5.3 I can tow our 29' travel trailer with no issue at all, have all three rows full of people and everyone comfortable. When it's just the immediate family and no trailer, the 18+ MPG around our little neck of the woods (rural area), is great for my wallet."

Must have rolled off the assembly line on Friday

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "Large capacity"

Cons: "Abysmal quality"

"This car is one of the many reasons why I will never buy another GM Obamacar. I have been replacing the entire vehicle piecemeal ever since I bought it. Both front wheels tried to fall off one time."

Loved the car for the first year

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "size and comfort, power, style, looked good"

Cons: "Poor electrical systems and motors"

"Great out of the box, but all door locks, rear hatch, side window defrost, tow gear, electric windshield heater, CD player broke between 9 months and 3 yrs. Engine quit at 126,000 miles."

Great for my entire family- haven't had any issue

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy for the size; space; features"

Cons: "None!"

"Great vehicle! I haven't had any issues with it in four years of driving it. It has plenty of space and great features. Fuel economy is close to 20 mpg in the warmer months."

Biggest waist of money ever!

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "It handle surprisingly well for how big it is."

Cons: "Engine and transmission failing!"

"The engine was poorly designed and they could have done a better fuel program that would meet each customers need. Its also really big so not a city vehicle at all. And lastly Transmission problems."

great ride!!

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "absolutely wonderful ride the last of a dyingbreed"

Cons: "nothing"

"why on gods green earth wold ANYONE buy an 80k dollar toyota land cruiser whe they could have the suburban and all of the reliability comfort room style wonderful driving dynamics and overall quality along aith the best resale in the business. for 57k!!! nuff said!!!"

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Suburban

By on Friday, December 14, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable +++, Safety features"

Cons: "Pricey, big to park, fuel."

"This is a luxury car. Extremely comfortable with nearly every imaginable comfort, "bell and whistle". The "flex fuel" option allows me to have averaged 16.4 mpg...I drive about 15 country miles back and forth to work each day and then a bunch of "around town" stuff...nto bad for this size vehicle. We also travel 12+ hrs with two little ones on a regular basis to visit family. It is very comfortable for us all, and we can fit a TON of stuff in there (this does not help me control my over-packing tendencies...lol). I could not imagine being any happier with a car. I have the White diamond exterior paint...gorgeos! The color is what I couldn't resist...but I now love the rest of it just as much. This also handles very well in snow, and mud...the heated seats are heavenly and it actually cools pretty quickly in the summer despite the amount of space that needs cooling. Downside: It is a little drifty in high winds (like 40+mph....we live in a VERY flat part of the midwest). It does cost a fair amount of money to fill the tank."

There's Nothing 'Sub' In This Suburban

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "All Of The Comforts Of Home"

Cons: "It does consume fuel; just so you know."

The Chevrolet Suburban takes you to the 'edge' of America and anywhere you'd care to go.

"Circumstances found me requiring a vehicle larger than my 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ. This time, instead of selling to a relative, I traded up for the 2013 7-seat configuration Chevrolet Suburban LTZ. I chose this well-optioned Suburban for its enhanced carrying capacity, luxuriously appointed interior and refined road manners. I was able to take 6 people, including myself, and all of our gear to the New Jersey shore for several days of surf fishing recently. This, of course, was prior to Hurricane Sandy walloping New Jersey with a fury not seen in decades. We left for home two days prior to the hurricane's arrival and as the seas began to churn. The structural integrity of the Suburban LTZ is unsurpassed and bespeaks a vehicle of more compact dimensions. I feel comfortable in tight spaces in much the same manner as with backing-in to a parking spot with my former vehicle, the Tahoe. Outward vision's very good and a Side Blind Zone Alert system embedded in both side view mirrors notifies the driver of vehicles/objects which may be out of the driver's peripheral view. The rear-view camera is a tremendous aid in backing-up and an intuitive grid, which reflects the direction of travel, is displayed on the Navigation/Video screen to alert the driver to obstacles and represents the path of the rear end of the Suburban while in-motion. I like that feature as it allows the driver to 'square-up' the flanks of the vehicle relative to painted lines in a parking lot and/or vehicles on either side. This feature alone can make a good driver a better driver. I enjoy feeling pampered while driving my new Suburban. Comfortable heated and cooled front seats, adjustable control pedals, heated steering wheel and a top-flight Bose audio/video system are conveniences that I relate to whether settling in for a long trip or going out for dinner with friends; I like to tell them that I'm willing to drive. I have not detected a squeak, rattle in over 2000 miles of driving so far. There's a lean, taut feel to this 2013 Suburban that I favor. At highway speeds wind noise is minimal and even at that the audio automatically compensates for it in raising the volume commensurate with increased speed. The 2013 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ represents the pinnacle of this body style's development. The paint on my vehicle is flawless, the body panel fit is precise and flush at the seams where the doors, roof and curved fascias meet. The stance of the Suburban is purposeful even when the vehicle is not in motion and I've received many compliments on my choice which is fine though humbling. You can do a lot with this vehicle and configure the seats so that you can haul/move just about everything. I ask; What's not to like?"