2008 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 268 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Suburban Tops

By on Monday, June 29, 2009

"Love the room and looks, but a price to be paid in gas mileage?"

Still a legend

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"I bought my Chevvy Suburban in September of 2007 with a view to using it for towing a trailer and accomodating our growing family. Well we never got round to the trailer but there's so much space inside this puppy who cares. We've travelled with 4 adults and 3 kids for long trips to the beach and the mountains in complete comfort. It's quiet inside despite having a ton of muscle under the hood and I love the flex-fuel option of being able to use 85% ethanol. I get a smile on my face every time I see the engine automatically cut over to 4 cylinders whilst cruising at a steady speed, to save on fuel and because of the electronic monitoring of tire pressures, I never have to get my hands dirty checking it myself. Having on-star is great with the automatic monthly emails telling me the status of my vehicle and whether I need to take it in for an oil change. The oil life readout is a cool idea too so I can see from the dash board just how near I am to needing a service. The ride is comfortable, quiet and smooth, what's not to love about this vehicle."

Impressive Vehicle

By on Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Its a great vehicle. We were able to fit 3 front facing carseats in the back seat but only 2 car seats in the middle seat due to the doors taking up 2 inches too much space. Adults would have a hard time with the leg room in the back seat. The middle seat seemed ok but there is room for improvement as far as leg space goes. Made a six hour trip to Wyoming seam quick since it floated down the highway. It has plenty of power to get around slower vehilces and the fuel economy with the flexfuel is to be expected of the larger vechicle. The 4cyl mode only kicks in on flat or down hill roads when not excelerating. It would be nice if it kicked in while idleing. We already had a problem with the fuel pump module only after 90 days after purchase (12000 miles) but other then that it seems like a sturdy vehicle mechanically. The turning radius is impressivly small and makes it easy to navigate in the city. I would buy it again in a heartbeat."

Perfect Vehicle for Field Engineer

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"This vehicle is the best that I have ever owned. I am very happy at 15k miles so far. Many people compliment the interior and comfort features that my 2LT has standard. It has power pulling 1,000 gallon water tanks up steep mountain switchbacks and on demand when needed on the highway. Other times, when speed is not needed, I drive with the instant MPG display to maintain maximum MPGs with the 4-cylinder mode. I have enough room for several co-workers and all of our gear."

Nice vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2008

"I have owned the 07 sub for about a year now. The only complaint with the vehicle I have is I live in the one of the hottest parts of Arizona where the temp in the summer reaches 115 - 120 three months out of the summer. When started, the vehicle makes a grinding noise coming from inside the engine area. Took it to the dealership several times and they tell me it is the actuator but can't fix it. Grinding noise shut vehicle off after starting it witht eh remote starter. I am a dissappointed about the dealer service. If I am going to pay 40K I don't want any problems. I will buy another sub in the future. In fact I am building one now. I will opt for the 3/4 ton or the 1/2 ton Z71 or LTZ. I do like the lift gate and the video/audio package for my boy. Gas milage is what you would expect for a large vehicle. Not great but not bad. I just wish I could fix the grinding noice."