2008 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 269 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Suburban Tops

By on Monday, June 29, 2009

"Love the room and looks, but a price to be paid in gas mileage?"

Still a legend

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"I bought my Chevvy Suburban in September of 2007 with a view to using it for towing a trailer and accomodating our growing family. Well we never got round to the trailer but there's so much space inside this puppy who cares. We've travelled with 4 adults and 3 kids for long trips to the beach and the mountains in complete comfort. It's quiet inside despite having a ton of muscle under the hood and I love the flex-fuel option of being able to use 85% ethanol. I get a smile on my face every time I see the engine automatically cut over to 4 cylinders whilst cruising at a steady speed, to save on fuel and because of the electronic monitoring of tire pressures, I never have to get my hands dirty checking it myself. Having on-star is great with the automatic monthly emails telling me the status of my vehicle and whether I need to take it in for an oil change. The oil life readout is a cool idea too so I can see from the dash board just how near I am to needing a service. The ride is comfortable, quiet and smooth, what's not to love about this vehicle."

Fun and Function

By on Saturday, November 01, 2008

"I am having a lot of fun with my Suburban. I got all the bells and whistles, Nav., DVD, engine that cut to 4 cylinders to save gas, etc... So I was expecting to have some problems with the reliability. I had to bring it back to the dealer 2 times so far and I made an appointment for number 3. 2 times for the auto door lock not working and now the engine light is on. Now with that said, I am amazed at all this truck can do! Every day I am finding another awesome feature. Everything is automatic. I love it!"

Impressive Vehicle

By on Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Its a great vehicle. We were able to fit 3 front facing carseats in the back seat but only 2 car seats in the middle seat due to the doors taking up 2 inches too much space. Adults would have a hard time with the leg room in the back seat. The middle seat seemed ok but there is room for improvement as far as leg space goes. Made a six hour trip to Wyoming seam quick since it floated down the highway. It has plenty of power to get around slower vehilces and the fuel economy with the flexfuel is to be expected of the larger vechicle. The 4cyl mode only kicks in on flat or down hill roads when not excelerating. It would be nice if it kicked in while idleing. We already had a problem with the fuel pump module only after 90 days after purchase (12000 miles) but other then that it seems like a sturdy vehicle mechanically. The turning radius is impressivly small and makes it easy to navigate in the city. I would buy it again in a heartbeat."

Perfect Vehicle for Field Engineer

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"This vehicle is the best that I have ever owned. I am very happy at 15k miles so far. Many people compliment the interior and comfort features that my 2LT has standard. It has power pulling 1,000 gallon water tanks up steep mountain switchbacks and on demand when needed on the highway. Other times, when speed is not needed, I drive with the instant MPG display to maintain maximum MPGs with the 4-cylinder mode. I have enough room for several co-workers and all of our gear."

Nice vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2008

"I have owned the 07 sub for about a year now. The only complaint with the vehicle I have is I live in the one of the hottest parts of Arizona where the temp in the summer reaches 115 - 120 three months out of the summer. When started, the vehicle makes a grinding noise coming from inside the engine area. Took it to the dealership several times and they tell me it is the actuator but can't fix it. Grinding noise shut vehicle off after starting it witht eh remote starter. I am a dissappointed about the dealer service. If I am going to pay 40K I don't want any problems. I will buy another sub in the future. In fact I am building one now. I will opt for the 3/4 ton or the 1/2 ton Z71 or LTZ. I do like the lift gate and the video/audio package for my boy. Gas milage is what you would expect for a large vehicle. Not great but not bad. I just wish I could fix the grinding noice."

love love love

By on Monday, July 21, 2008

"my family of 6 bought this car in november of 2007. we absolutely love it! we upgraded from an 05 dodge durango and would never go back after we experienced all this room and quality. we get an average of 18 mpg which is way better than what our durango with a hemi ever got. we always get compliments on it and it is a great car overall. it goes very well in the snow. although one complant is that the cloth black seat collect lint very badly. but other than that i would reccomend this car to anyone."

great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"This is number 5 in our long line of suburbans. By far the best one yet. Love this vehicle but will be our last. Can't pay this much for it to be worth so little one year later."

By on Sunday, July 13, 2008

"The Car is great, everything about it but it can use alot of gas"

should have got this one first

By on Saturday, July 12, 2008

"great truck seats 8 and all our luggage.i had a 2000 expedition first seated 8 not much luggage room.only issue i've had so far was a sunroof leak took 3 tries.i get a lot of compliments.HWY mileage is good wish city was a little better.luckily i don't need to drive it daily."

best suv

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2008

"have owned other sub., tahoe's, and expeditons. For the size of this vehicle I get 17-21mpg. You have to drop to a rav4 or forester to beat the gas mileage. Why buy a small or mid size suv? Ive got the safety with this. Went on vacation--with wife, 4 kids. mother.and mother inlaw for 7 days. I did not have to use luggage carrier. But other wise loaded and still got 19-20mpg the whole trip. Best vehicle ive owned. Awesome in winter weather. My wife loves this vehicle. I hear u can get a deal on them now!"

2nd one i have owned

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"my 1st was a 2000 GMC yukon xl-some small steering column issues but overall very good.My 2nd was a 2005 chevy z71-no complaints whats so ever.40k miles nothing but oil changes.considering moving on up to the 08 -like the new features.Best family vehicle out there.Would recommend to any family."

Nice but has had issues

By on Friday, May 09, 2008

"I love the size and drive of my suburban but it has had some issues. When you spend $40k on a brand new vehicle you don't expect things like this to happen. We have had this 1 1/2 year and we have put just under 28,000 miles on. First issue: the driver side & rearview mirrors are always dim at night and still has a problem after having the rearview mirror replaced due to a sensor and the driver side mirror replaced. The thing has died 2X's while being on accessory for 10minutes. Had to have it jumped both times. Fuel mileage is nowhere near what it said it would be. The only time it goes to 4cyl. is when it coasts. Now it is using oil. After last oil change we drove 2500miles to texas and back and had to add a quart when we got back. Just 1200 miles after that we had to add another quart. We are now doing an oil consumption test on it. I think we got a lemon. Not what I want when I need something more reliable to haul my family around."

It's Sick, man!

By on Thursday, April 03, 2008

"Best ride around! Looks is just the beginning! With the option of using E-85, it's totally family affordable! I LOVE my 'Burban! Drives easy-unlike older trucks-awesome in snow, too!"

07 LTZ 4x4

By on Saturday, March 01, 2008

"My '07 is setup with the 6.0 and the 4.10 rear end towing a 27 foot boat back from southern california up baker grade and cajon pass with the air on, was a breeze.As a matter of fact i blew the doors off a new tundra v-8 that was towing a much smaller boat coming up baker grade... As far as safety goes I am a walking miracle I was hit in the driver door of my 2004 at over 90 m.p.h. and walked away without a scratch on me, plus the onstar automatically called for emergency help and they were there in no time at all. This truly is the ultimate all around SUV!! Reliability has been superb on this vehicle with nothing more than basic maintenance needed to keep her happy."

By on Saturday, February 09, 2008

"Love my '07 LTZ. 6 kids, 3 big teens, we needed the room. Lived at the end of an unpaved steep hill, needed the power. It delivered it all. Only complaints are at the gas pump, and w/the 3rd row seats. At 5ft2'' I have to climb in teh trunk to lower or fold. Power button would be great. Still love it!"

Excellent Re-Style

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

"I have owned 6 suburbans so far and they keep getting better. Nice additions this year with heated washer fluid, etc. Small problems with electrical @ 18K miles, dealer resolved nicely."

some troubles

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"My trany broke down at 10,000 miles. It was in the shop for a week new trany installed. I still like the vehicle. Very large and comfotable. Have 2 small children and dvd is nice. I got the second row bucket seats a must have if got kids. I wish the 3rd row folded flat. It still is a gas guzzler. Even with active fuel managment. It seems it only works on long straight highways below 70mph. If you go on trips with any hills then forget about it. Average mpg is 14 city and 18 highway."

Great SUV

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"The new 2007 Chevy Suburban is much smoother riding, better styled and overall designed than the previous models. The active fuel management which shuts down 4 of the 8 cylinders when not needed gives us 18-19 miles per gallon on the highway. I like this vehicle because we can carry up to 9 people (with 3 rows of bench seats) COMFORTABLY and still have plenty of room in the back for cargo. We have the base LS model and added dealer installed leather. The base LS model comes very well equipped and suits our needs. If you're looking for a reliable, good-looking, large SUV without spending a fortune, it doesn't get much better than this!"

There's Nothing 'Sub' In This Suburban

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "All Of The Comforts Of Home"

Cons: "It does consume fuel; just so you know."

The Chevrolet Suburban takes you to the 'edge' of America and anywhere you'd care to go.

"Circumstances found me requiring a vehicle larger than my 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ. This time, instead of selling to a relative, I traded up for the 2013 7-seat configuration Chevrolet Suburban LTZ. I chose this well-optioned Suburban for its enhanced carrying capacity, luxuriously appointed interior and refined road manners. I was able to take 6 people, including myself, and all of our gear to the New Jersey shore for several days of surf fishing recently. This, of course, was prior to Hurricane Sandy walloping New Jersey with a fury not seen in decades. We left for home two days prior to the hurricane's arrival and as the seas began to churn. The structural integrity of the Suburban LTZ is unsurpassed and bespeaks a vehicle of more compact dimensions. I feel comfortable in tight spaces in much the same manner as with backing-in to a parking spot with my former vehicle, the Tahoe. Outward vision's very good and a Side Blind Zone Alert system embedded in both side view mirrors notifies the driver of vehicles/objects which may be out of the driver's peripheral view. The rear-view camera is a tremendous aid in backing-up and an intuitive grid, which reflects the direction of travel, is displayed on the Navigation/Video screen to alert the driver to obstacles and represents the path of the rear end of the Suburban while in-motion. I like that feature as it allows the driver to 'square-up' the flanks of the vehicle relative to painted lines in a parking lot and/or vehicles on either side. This feature alone can make a good driver a better driver. I enjoy feeling pampered while driving my new Suburban. Comfortable heated and cooled front seats, adjustable control pedals, heated steering wheel and a top-flight Bose audio/video system are conveniences that I relate to whether settling in for a long trip or going out for dinner with friends; I like to tell them that I'm willing to drive. I have not detected a squeak, rattle in over 2000 miles of driving so far. There's a lean, taut feel to this 2013 Suburban that I favor. At highway speeds wind noise is minimal and even at that the audio automatically compensates for it in raising the volume commensurate with increased speed. The 2013 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ represents the pinnacle of this body style's development. The paint on my vehicle is flawless, the body panel fit is precise and flush at the seams where the doors, roof and curved fascias meet. The stance of the Suburban is purposeful even when the vehicle is not in motion and I've received many compliments on my choice which is fine though humbling. You can do a lot with this vehicle and configure the seats so that you can haul/move just about everything. I ask; What's not to like?"

Oil burner

By on Saturday, December 06, 2008

"My 2007 Suburban begin consuming oil at 3 times the allowed amount by GM at 19,000 miles. I am finally getting a replacement motor at 29,000. Many of the 5.3 L Vortec motors are burning oil with no smoke or identifiable leaks (not limited to Suburban). I don't recommend this vehicle for reliability. The new design is wonderful and the ride fantastic. The quality of this vehicle is NOT a reflection of the high sticker price. I have had 3 seat covers replaced, the lighter cover breaks off when you plug in your cell phone charger (3 replacements), chrome on the door handle bubbled and peeled off, battery died after 12 months, 4wd had issue at 1,800 miles, a/c had no charge at 50 miles, found a/c leak at firewall 500 miles, clear coat on bumper bubbled and peeled at 12 months. The gas mileage is also something to be desired. I have yet to see 20 mpg as stated on the sticker. Best I ever saw was 18.1 per gallon and that was only once. Average gas mileage is 11.4 (city) to 14.2 (hwy)."

LOVE IT

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

"I LOVE MY SUBURBAN! GOOD GAS MILEAGE FOR AN SUV. SEATS 8. ALWAYS HAVE ROOM FOR ALL OF OUR BOYS AND THEIR FRIENDS. FOOTBALL, BASEBALL, BASKETBALL, TOWING THE BOAT, MOTORCYCLES CAMPING, TAKING THE DOGS TO THE BEACH. NO MATTER WHAT I HAVE ENJOYED MY SUBURBAN."

Almost as Good as its Predecessor

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Best ride, most reliable, safe."

Cons: "You have to be able to afford it."

"This is the my third Suburban. I still own the 2004, which now has 240,000 miles. It wasn't perfect. At 205,000 miles, I had to get a break job. :) That was my first repair on the car. Unbelievable. It might be the best car that General Motors ever made. I still have not done any major work on engine or transmission and my son went on a 7,000 mile road trip without a hitch or a worry on my part. My 2011 seems to be off to the same kind of start. My only complaint with the changes is that the passenger seats no longer lay completely flat, meaning you lose that extra two feet of cargo space. I am a big man in my 50's with some back issues. Suburban's have the best ride of any vehicle, period. I have driven it from Wisconsin to Seattle in two days, with very little soreness. It is like going first class instead of coach."

THE WORST VEHICLE WE HAVE OWNED.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "LARGE ENOUGH FOR A FAMILY OF 6"

Cons: "THIS VEHICLE IS TRULY A MONEYPIT"

"THIS VEHICLE HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP OVER 8 TIMES SINCE BOUGHT IN 2010. CONSTANT HEADACHE. STAY AWAY FROM THE "07 YEAR CLASS SUBURBAN."

Did not think it would get any better!!!!!

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Great ride, quality and room for a HUGE SUV"

Cons: "None so far"

"I owned a 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe and knew it was a good vehicle, loved everything about it and thought we would keep it forever and having over 173,500 miles on it, it sure seemed like it. However, now with two young kids, a husky and possibly another dog being added to this family and repair costs for the Tahoe, it was time for a new SUV. My wife and I were looking into a HYBRID Tahoe but only getting a couple of miles difference and thinking about expense cost if the batteries or the HYBRID system goes out, we decided to keep looking at Tahoes, but when we went to the dealership, could not pass up on the Suburban LT sitting on the lot. Test drove it and it had gobbs of power, rode really smooth and you felt really safe sitting inside. Even with 2 child restraints, I mean seats, access to the 3rd row was simple and easier than our old vehicle. The features are really good, could use a couple more compartments for storage (Tahoe had a lot) and my wife and I love the interior. The leather seats are very comfortable and with good support. All of the controls for radio, AC, heater, lights, 4X4, cruise control and so on are in perfect reach. The cargo area is much bigger and my dog loves the extra room now. The power of the Chevy V8 is fantastic and even though I only get 21 MPG on the highway (when not towing anything), I'm good with that. Most little HYBRIDS can't tow a thing, this vehicle was more than I expected and worth every penny so far. I would highly recommend this vehicle to any family and friends, especially those with kids and who need to carry tons of bags when traveling!!!"