2006 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 735 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"The mpg was good and it was very reliable but mostly I'm writing this review because of how safe it is. I was hit by a drunk driver and rolled 2 1/4 times. I had 2 adults and six children in the car ranging in age from 18 months to 11 years old and the worst injury was a broken wrist and 5 of the 6 childrens had NO injuries including bumps and bruises. I will always drive a suburban from now on!!"

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2009

"I've owned this 4x4 suburban for 2 1/2 years and put 30k miles on it. I had a wheel bearing go out at 90k miles, but just standard maint. other than that. The best gas mileage i've calculated was 19.5 mpg in the summer months and the worst was in the winter at 12.5 mpg with 15 degrees below 0 and a head wind of 25 mph while carrying a topper. That low mileage was definately the exception, on average i calculate 17 mpg. Very good, reliable vehicle."

Overall comfortable and reliable workhorse.

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, adaptable and safe."

Cons: "Other than fuel economy, none."

"Purchased second hand, this vehicle has been a joy to own. It's been most convenient in a wide variety or ways. It hauls the entire family comfortably on outings and vacations. With the 3rd seat removed and the center seats folded down, it can haul more than a full size pickup safely and out of the weather. It's truly a Texas limousine with the leather seating. As a hauler, it pulls my trailer with ease. As a daily driver, it performs any job asked of it. It's also a safe vehicle to be in. I've owned many Suburbans and find this to be the best so far. I truly don't want to see this vehicle go as the new ones cost way too much and are probably extremely expensive to service."

Very good vehicle.

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Spacious, privacy glass"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Drives well and pulls a medium size boat well. The center row of seats split 60/40 to lay flat and the rear seat easily removes. Able to load 4x8 sheets of material just like a truck while keeping it covered from the elements."

5 stars from me is very rare

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2008

"I bought my truck new in June 2000. I had a bit of trouble with the dealer, (they dented it at delivery and had to repair and paint a side panel), but they made it right. I had 2 warranty items in the first year, the throttle body had to be replaced (it reved on turns) and both rear power window controllers were replaced. Both of these items were common on this year model. In year 3, wind noise became a problem, so the dealer replaced the rubber seals which corrected it. I've had only normal maintainance otherwise. This has been a reliable and comfortable truck that is vesatile and fun to own. I like the styling and the rear lift gate. (I never liked the double rear doors on older models.) I switched to full synthetic oil at purchase and average 17 mpg. I use it for long driving vacations around the country and for short hops to the store but no commuting. I have transported up to 9 people belted in + all their stuff using a roof carrier. We've taken lots of scout and family tent camping trips. I have slept in the back comfortably on business trips, and taken it off road many times. I have the 2WD 1500 LS with traction control and only one sand pit stuck me in 8 years, but I dug it out. Hauling and towing has always been strong and she's been packed full inside with bags of cement and rock and still handled well. I want to keep this truck at least another 5 years...if she'll have me. Highly recommended."