2005 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 749 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Very good vehicle.

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Spacious, privacy glass"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Drives well and pulls a medium size boat well. The center row of seats split 60/40 to lay flat and the rear seat easily removes. Able to load 4x8 sheets of material just like a truck while keeping it covered from the elements."

Best Vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"I own a 2002 model Suburban with 169,000 miles. Still love the vehicle. No problems with vehicle other than fuel pump replacement recently... Have enjoyed this vehicle, great for vacations plenty of room and the ride is awesome. We have hauled our 26 foot camper with no problems.. Also was in accident hit on drivers side by truck.. No injury.Vehicle protects you very well.. Feel very safe in Suburban. This vehicle continues to be very reliable."

Small issues, still great

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Smooth, easy ride; roomy whether travel or hauling"

Cons: "Certain troublesome issues keep it from perfection"

"I'll just start by saying it flat out: I love this truck. They say there are two seasons here in Wisconsin- winter and construction, and this truck is reliable through both. Traveling with layers of 8 foot sheetrock through the rain was a non-issue. Hauling my wife and kids to the store for major grocery shopping (we have the Z71 with a built in DVD player) was as comfortable as taking them and my parents and sister across the border to Chicago to see my brother. Leather seats, tons of room, not quite as bad on the gas mileage as one would think... who could ask for anything else? Well, like any great love, there are a few bones that need picking. First is the passenger side window motor. On my second year owning the vehicle, during the winter I might add, the window motor went on strike and hasn't worked properly since, an issue that I hear is common. The next year my rear AC unit blew, something the dealership told me wasn't covered in my additional "bumper to bumper" warranty, but then informed me after the fact that it was also common for that to happen in this truck. And last but most certainly not least, last year I found my brakes to be grinding something wicked. I switched the half-worn pads, checked the rotors, but couldn't find the issue. Finally, a call to the dealership informed me that another common issue with this truck was rust over the ABS sensor; right when I told the lady my brake grinding issue, she knew what the problem was. Again, uncovered by the additional "bumper to bumper", I decided to remove the sensor. The ABS light popped on, but it keeps my brakes from sounding like a dying donkey caught on a bench grinder. My brake pedal stopped vibrating, so it was an easy, temporary 'fix'. These things aside, my Suburban is a smooth, comfortable, good-looking ride. So far, no major mechanical problems; just change the oil and it'll be good for a long, long time."

Perfect for me

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "still dependable after 13 years"

Cons: "in-town MPG low"

"I bought this vehicle new. It has hauled boxes for workshops, car parts, materials for 3 volunteer organizations, and suitcases for vacations ever since. The last long trip I made was from Texas to Indiana 2 years ago, and there were no problems whatsoever. Fuel mileage is low in all-town driving (about 13-14 MPG), but I can get 19 MPG on all highway driving. It is comfortable to drive and as a passenger, even in the back seats. Lots of storage room."

Since 1985

By on Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, reliability, style, appearance, etc, etc."

Cons: "Gas mileage can be rough!"

"I have owned Chevrolet SUV's since 1985. Two full-size Blazers, Two Tahoes and Three Suburbans. This 2003 is by far the best. It has 140k miles, I have replaced the obvious brakes and tires but other than that only one alternator and one water pump....top that Japan! I still get compliments on this vehicle after 10 years. I'd be shocked if I ever own a better vehicle and even more shocked if any company can build a better one!"

Love, love, love my Suburban!

By on Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pros: "Kid friendly, momma friendly, animal friendly!!!"

Cons: "No cons!"

"I haul three kids and their friends all over the place. Family trips add 3 dogs to the mix. Don't know how we would survive without our 'burb!! We will continue to have a Suburban for a long time!"

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"This is my 3rd Suburban. Had no choice really with 6 kids and a dog. I was lucky to find it with low miles since I'll need the size for quite a few more years. It rides smooth and quiet and actually has quite a bit of pick up for such a large vehicle. The seating is very comfortable and the cargo space ranks 2nd to none.It's mostly driven around town, but on our long trips the fuel consumption is better than expected."

Road machine deluxe

By on Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"120,000 miles no drips no leaks runs fine everyday starts everytime, lots of room much more than the chopped off Tahoes."

5 kids 3 dogs...Must Have Vehicle

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"Large family, dogs, stuff, live in rural iowa...no way a mini van could do what we need it to do. When gas was $4 a gallon, we still loved this SUV. Regular service, Amoco 87 octane gives us 15 city and 18 highway. Will replace with a newer suburban in 09."

Best truck ever!

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, reliabe"

Cons: "Gas but really not as bad as some say."

"I really can't say enough good things about this truck. Super reliable-comfie ride, handles great! I would buy another if I still needed all the passenger space. I hate to get rid of this one!"