2004 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 749 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Really love my Suburban, don't like the gas prices

By on Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pros: "Rides nice, dependable, comfortable"

Cons: "Gas Prices are high"

"My Chevy Surburban has been very dependable. It makes me wanna take a road trip every time I drive it on the freeway (; It's convient and very comfortable to drive (I love the big vehicals) Don't like the gas prices but $50 to $70 a week and I drive to and from work plus all my extra running each week so not to bad for such a big vehical. I would recommend having a small economy car but I love my Suburban. Me and my friend got our rides on the same day and I haven't had any problems outta mine!!! Thank God but her tahoe she hasn't been as lucky with."

Excellent vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Ride confort and space"

Cons: "GM needs a diesel version in the 1500 series"

"Can't say enough good things about this vehicle. I have a bad back and fybromyagia and this vehicle actually helps me drive better with those two physical issue."

My wife will not let me sell this car

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, easy to drive."

Cons: "Not great on gas mileage."

"Overall this car has been pretty much trouble free and a nice vehicle to drive. My wife will not let me sell or trade it, even though I got her an Acura. It has been her favorite car of all time."

Really best vehicle I have owned.

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "tough as nails."

Cons: "loves gas"

"The time has come to upgrade my beloved suburban. I bought this vehicle new and have driven it almost everywhere. It is comfortable, roomy, tough, and the reliability is unquestionable. As I look for a replacement I hope it will be half as good as the suburban has been."

Suprisingly VERY reliable family car

By on Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, roomy and comfortable for 8 passengers"

Cons: "Plastic hardware always breaking, coming off"

"We purchased our 2006 Suburban new after owning Subarus and Toyotas in the past so were very hesitant, but needed a larger vehicle. We have now owned for over 5 years and have only had minimal repairs. The one compaint we have, that may be common for all Chevrolets, is the interior hardware. It seems that every month a new piece of plastic would come off one of the seats or somewhere inside that we couldn't get back on. Overall we have taken this car on many vacations and have never been stranded on the side of the road. It has a very comfortable ride, and we have been very happy owners."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Meets multiple needs in comfort"

Cons: "A big car for wife to drive but she likes it too."

"Bought new. A solid, dependable, safe vehicle. Used for around town plus long hauls between Canada and Florida. A great road car with comfort. No problems for 100,000 miles. Just had to have 4 wheel drive repair due to jammed transfer case actuator. Only used 4 wheel drive once (100ft.) that may have contributed to problem. It is a terrific tow vehicle but do need electric trailer brakes with heavy load. Replacing brakes first time at 102,000 miles. Can't say enough good things about this vehicle. Wish GM had built them all this way. Would never have needed a bail-out."

dependable

By on Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"My wife has driven our family to school for 8 years straight, about an hour round trip, this vehilce has now 184,000 miles on it and still keeps going, the only downside is the gas milelage is low but still way above previous suburbans that got 8 or 9 miles to gallon. Plenty of power and always dependable"

well worth the money

By on Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pros: "Space, driving comfort, security in bad weather"

Cons: "Don't buy if you want MPG, get a Prius"

"I purchased my 2002 Suburban LT new with almost every option. The leather seat starting to show wear and tear, and body starting to show some rust and paint peeling on rocker panels behind tires, but with 170,000+ miles, it's expected. I did all maintenance regularly (oil change, tire rotations, washing), had no engine or transmission issues, did 1 complete 100K maintenance (plugs, wires, all fluids in transmission, transfer case 4X4, rear end). Besides the expected items (brakes, tires, 1 set of wheel bearing in front, each side) no other issues. Would like to get another one, but really no longer need a larger SUV, as kids are in college and out of the house."

Worth every penny

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"We bought the 2002 Suburban new and have had very few problems with it. It is 2 wheel drive and we live in the snow belt east of Cleveland Ohio. With good tires it will go anywhere on pavement. We litterally pushed snow with the front bumper for 3 hours coming across RT 80 in Pa during a bad snow storm and never had a problem. I have towed 10,000 lbs from Virginia to Ohio recently with it with no problem and the truck had 148,000 mile on it at the time. I have run nothing but synthetic oil in it and have changed the oil regularly every 5,000 miles with 156.000 mile and counting. The only complaint I have with the vehicle is that it eats back rotors I have put 4 sets on since new. The bottom of the doors are starting to get rusty and everything is brown underneath. This is due to the amount of salt used in the winter around here and the fact that I did not get it under coated and rust proofed when new. Yea the gas milage is not that good only avg around 16 city and 20 hi way, but it is a heavy vehicle with a big motor under the hood (5.3 ltr), which we expected when we bought it. This vehicle has served my family well for 7 years and I would recommend to anybody who needs haul people or tow thing with confidence."

Excellent SUV & Family Vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"We now have 115K on our 2000 Suburban. Except for an A/C issue, the only thing we have done to it is new tires and a battery. We perform regular maintennance and don't drive it in to the ground. We still have the original brakes and belts! This vehicle has held up remarkably well and we would highly recommend it. We were hoping something major would go wrong with it in order to justify spending the money on the new body style. We might need to park this one and go get a new one anyways. The Suburban is an awesome vehicle for our large family, dog and trailer full of ATV's!!!!!!!!"