2004 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 701 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Lemon without the Lemonaide

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Great ride; love to drive long distances"

Cons: "lots of repairs; repairs are all expensive"

"We've sunk in at least $10K since buying new. Fuel pump, AC twice, All the front gauges, cannot release the spare tire, lots of rust... Now we are trading in for reliability and going with Toyota where we've previously had a lot of success."

Perfect for me

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "still dependable after 13 years"

Cons: "in-town MPG low"

"I bought this vehicle new. It has hauled boxes for workshops, car parts, materials for 3 volunteer organizations, and suitcases for vacations ever since. The last long trip I made was from Texas to Indiana 2 years ago, and there were no problems whatsoever. Fuel mileage is low in all-town driving (about 13-14 MPG), but I can get 19 MPG on all highway driving. It is comfortable to drive and as a passenger, even in the back seats. Lots of storage room."

This was the first of 3 Surburbans.

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Reason: New Surburban (08)

Pros: "See below"

Cons: "See below"

"They are expensive to buy, expensive to run, expensive to fix. I'm okay with that. I've driven from to coast to coast in it. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I'm self-employed, it hauls my gear. I ride in comfort. I've given a overall rating of 9/10. No one walks on water."

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

"Bought this car new and has been a joy to own. Never has broke down and really no major issues. Still has the factory headlights, but did replace one taillight. Dependable and so nice to drive. Wish they still made them this good."

Fantastic Vehicle !!!!!

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

"Towed everything under the sun and them sum with know problems!"

THe car does not run need major work

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

"The car does not run needs major work done inside,body workand under the hood"

BEST VEHICLE EVER

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "GREAT PRICE,FUN TO DRIVE,WELL FRONT AND BACK A/C"

Cons: "NO BACK AREA T.V"

"I ENJOY THIS VEHICLE I BOUGHT USED TO GIVE TO A FAMILY MEMBER BUT I CHANGED MY MIND-- I AM 71 YRS OLD AND ALREADY BUYING A 2014 EQUINOX SO I DON'T NEED THIS VEHICLE-- IT IS SO NICE TO USE, I WENT TO WASHINGTON TAKING FAMILY KIDS AND ADULTS (9) WITH IN CAR SPACE FOR LUGGAGE SO DID NOT NEED TO USE THE ROOF RACKS. I SEE A LOT OF THESE CARS ON THE ROAD SO THERE ARE A LOT OF FAMILYS THAT CAN GET GOOD USE OUT OF THEM.I BOUGHT AN EXTRA ITEM AFTER I BOUGHT IT- A LIGHTED RAIL RACK SO CHILDREN AND SOME ADULTS CAN IN EASIER. MY GRANDCHILDREN REALY ENJOYED IT"

The vehicle for Texas

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive been all over the country with this."

Cons: "they have a new style change alot to the worst"

"Great Truck Still have not changed brakes, they are just now at the wear mark, Drive this vehicle every where. just replaced the water pump, hoses, fan clutch, Drove it 30 miles when pump went out never got super hot. I have to change a piece of leather on driver side because its worn. Getting ready to do another 100,000 mile tune up, on my third set of Michelin tires 70,000 mile tires which go over that. I tow a boat once a month for 800 miles. Looking at the new ones and they changed the a lot which I do not like. so hopefully this has another 200,000 left"

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "love the SIX cd holder"

"My black chevy surburan has been hands down the best, most solid vehicle I have ever owned. 12 years and 210000 miles later the ride is still so quiet on the highway! Unbelievable! So much leg room when you have the four bucket seats! GREAT road trip vehicle. I don't even want to sell it but our kids are in college and we just don't need this size vehicle any longer."

Still Running Like New!

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, performance, roominess and styling"

Cons: "There are no cons!"

"I posted a review back in March of 2013 of this vehicle when it had 177,000 miles. It now has 190,000 miles and we just returned from a 1,200 mile trip to FL. This vehicle is INCREDIBLE! I took the average of 3 fill ups and got 17.9 MPG driving 75-80 most of the way. We were loaded down with my three grown kids and added a trailer hitch carrier that contained 2 golf bags, 1 10 x 10 tent, 3 beach chairs and 10 beach towels. We refer to our beloved Suburban as "The Big Easy" and it continues to amaze me! I bought it new in December of 2001 with 5 miles and it runs as good as it did the day I bought it. While it does not get great gas mileage, I have not had a car payment since 12/2005. I highly recommend this vehicle!"

great car for active lifestyle at shore, mountains

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "big, heavy, safe, lots of inside room"

"holds lots of toys (kayaks, skis, dogs, surf boards, etc. great in snow; big and safe"

Still Rolling Along

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "Very Drivable, handles well,"

Cons: "Going to the gas pump and body rust"

"I purchased my 2002 Suburban LT as a leftover the dealers wife was driving with 5500 miles on it. I was going to get the base model, but salesman told me to take it for a test drive and my wife loved the heated seats. It was only a $1000 more, had many extras and still had 0% financing . I have driven the car now for over 13 years, and I do quite a bit of driving. The truck currently has 263,000 miles on it, and still runs great. It was a great vehicle while my kids were involved in travel sports (ice hockey, cheerleading and one still playing travel baseball). The only major problems have been with the fuel pump twice. It went bad at 30,000 miles, but was under warranty. It when again at a little over 100,000 miles and cost about $1000 to fix. Other than that, it has been routine maintenance… brakes, tires and water pump. For the most part, it has started every day I have had it other than the fuel pump issues. I still drive it daily. Over last few year, it has begun to leak oil (quart every 2000 miles), the driver's quarter is rusting and the paint is bubbling in a few spots, the front window motors do not work, and I have to put the fuse in and out the few times a year I need 4 wheel drive. I dad on my son's travel baseball team just had to junk his 2002 Suburban at over 350,000 miles. At this point, I drive with the title in the car just incase it should die. I will sign it over to the tow truck drive on the spot. My wife would like it gone due to the oil leak, but it's part of the family. I do not plan to put any major money back into it, but plan to drive it until it dies. It has been a great car if you don't think about the $46,000 in gas I have spent while driving this vehicle. I would love to get another, but will most likely not because of the sticker price and the cost of gas today. I will definitely miss it when it does go, but kids are older and it did far more than I ever expected from this vehicle."

awesome

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "nice . Very comfortable"

"love my suburban purchase 2006 has been garaged and very we'll taken care of'"

A real Disappointment

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Roomy & great handling"

Cons: "Horrific repair record"

"We bought the car new because we needed a large vehicle for long family trips. I love the way it drives and handles. It's roomy and comfortable and we can haul a ton of whatever we want. But it's reliability is horrible. It has not been used everyday at any time, only for long trips and local use when needing its capacity. Less than 8,000 mi per year. As soon as the extended warranty expired at 60 k miles, it began to break down. And note it has been maintained as per Chevy owners manual by the dealer to this day. First it was the front air bag sensor at $700, then the speedometer cluster at $600, then the windshield washer / wiper at $300. All things that should not be failing at 70k miles after 8 years of little use. I love the car but will not spend my hard earned money on another one. Next big family car will be a Toyota Sequoia. Sorry USA MADE, but you failed."

"The mpg is good. In Very Good Condition

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, adaptable and safe."

Cons: "Other than fuel economy, none."

"This vehicle has been a joy to own. It's been most convenient in a wide variety or ways. It hauls the entire family comfortably on outings and vacations. With the 3rd seat removed and the center seats folded down.Love It Because Its Lifted."

Very reliable tough truck!

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Great performance and Very comfortable!"

Cons: "Passes everything but a gas station"

"I'm very pleased with this truck. If you got something to haul weather it would be people or a camper this is it. I just don't like the gas mileage while driving around empty, i would think this could be improved upon. I do have the K&N filter system and that helps a little but this is a thirsty truck."

one owner

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "great family truck"

Cons: "gas"

"good truck"

Love it!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

"We have owned this suburban for 2 years now and we absolutely love it. There is so much room in the back for storage. The seats in all three rows are very comfy and similar to the front ones. We haven't had one mechanical issue with it though we have had minor electrical issues but I think that is to be expected out of a 8 yr old vehicle. It rides very smooth and we readily use the luggage rack on top for strapping all sort of things down from kayaks to boards. I am not sure how it would pull a trailer as we have a truck for those jobs."

I love my Suburban very much!!!

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "It is still a beauthful vehicle."

Cons: "We have bad Streets and it drives like a truck"

"It burns no oil and still gets over 17 miles to the gallon, I drive 35 min each way to work and back and I love this car/truck."

This was my dream car and I have loved it.

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Best vacation car ever!"

Cons: "Poor gas milesage"

"Perfect family car, lots of room for everything!! Upgrades are awesome. Really bad gas mileage but what can you expect with a large family size car, 4WD, off road tires. I am very happy with this Suburban and would buy another one if I had the opportunity."

great vehicle

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "space, comfort, reliability"

Cons: "mpg"

"Bought new and have driven every day since purchase. Comfort, space and reliability are excellent. Our family has vacationed, camped, boated with this beast for the past 9 years. Although family nearly grown, I'll buy another."

Love the Suburbans

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Great product, reliable and maintains value"

Cons: "price starts high, Autoride expensive to repair!"

"This is our third Suburban. We have lots of boys, and these vehicles are a great purchase. The only complaint I have is the cost to fix the autoride system, when it goes out. We drive these vehicles until they have over 200000 miles on them (we travel a lot). The ride is good, the Ford makes a more comfortable seat though. Easy to fix, usually inexpensive to fix, and a person who can work on a vehicle can usually maintain without a shop or specialized tools. When you hit 175,000 on these vehicles you will start dumping money in them, if you are not prepared or want this trade off way before this to maintain a good trade in value. You will replace front end, and transmission on these around this time. If you have towed with you can count on replacing rear end as well. Love the roomy interior. We will be buying a new suburban this summer."

Just overall a great vehicle.

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

"You absolutely cannot beat the Suburban. Perfect combination of size, performance, usability, toughness. Looking for another one now."

Good mileage

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

"I see many get gas mileage around 18 MPG on these. I own a 2001 1500 RWD, and when driving on the highway I normally get between 22 and 25 MPG. Just a stock 5.3 with no modifications."

2001 z-71 with 224.000 miles and love it!

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "looks, size, ride, stability"

Cons: "stereo button lights gave out & cant replace"

"This vehicle is very reliable, 224,000 miles with the orginal drivetain and still going strong.Very stylish with z-71 trim. The only thing i would need to do before taking a cross country trip is fill it with gas. comfy ride and gets around great on icy snowy road conditions, just select auto 4x4 and it engages as required. I average 18mpg on the highway which is very acceptable considering the size of vehicle. Only normal maintainence items have needed attention. Dont be affraid of one of these with alot of miles if it has good maintainece records."