2004 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 741 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"This is my 3rd Suburban. Had no choice really with 6 kids and a dog. I was lucky to find it with low miles since I'll need the size for quite a few more years. It rides smooth and quiet and actually has quite a bit of pick up for such a large vehicle. The seating is very comfortable and the cargo space ranks 2nd to none.It's mostly driven around town, but on our long trips the fuel consumption is better than expected."

Road machine deluxe

By on Tuesday, April 07, 2009

"120,000 miles no drips no leaks runs fine everyday starts everytime, lots of room much more than the chopped off Tahoes."

5 kids 3 dogs...Must Have Vehicle

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"Large family, dogs, stuff, live in rural iowa...no way a mini van could do what we need it to do. When gas was $4 a gallon, we still loved this SUV. Regular service, Amoco 87 octane gives us 15 city and 18 highway. Will replace with a newer suburban in 09."

Best truck ever!

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, reliabe"

Cons: "Gas but really not as bad as some say."

"I really can't say enough good things about this truck. Super reliable-comfie ride, handles great! I would buy another if I still needed all the passenger space. I hate to get rid of this one!"

well worth the money

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "Space, driving comfort, security in bad weather"

Cons: "Don't buy if you want MPG, get a Prius"

"I purchased my 2002 Suburban LT new with almost every option. The leather seat starting to show wear and tear, and body starting to show some rust and paint peeling on rocker panels behind tires, but with 170,000+ miles, it's expected. I did all maintenance regularly (oil change, tire rotations, washing), had no engine or transmission issues, did 1 complete 100K maintenance (plugs, wires, all fluids in transmission, transfer case 4X4, rear end). Besides the expected items (brakes, tires, 1 set of wheel bearing in front, each side) no other issues. Would like to get another one, but really no longer need a larger SUV, as kids are in college and out of the house."

Really love my Suburban, don't like the gas prices

By on Saturday, April 06, 2013

Pros: "Rides nice, dependable, comfortable"

Cons: "Gas Prices are high"

"My Chevy Surburban has been very dependable. It makes me wanna take a road trip every time I drive it on the freeway (; It's convient and very comfortable to drive (I love the big vehicals) Don't like the gas prices but $50 to $70 a week and I drive to and from work plus all my extra running each week so not to bad for such a big vehical. I would recommend having a small economy car but I love my Suburban. Me and my friend got our rides on the same day and I haven't had any problems outta mine!!! Thank God but her tahoe she hasn't been as lucky with."

Excellent vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Ride confort and space"

Cons: "GM needs a diesel version in the 1500 series"

"Can't say enough good things about this vehicle. I have a bad back and fybromyagia and this vehicle actually helps me drive better with those two physical issue."

Really best vehicle I have owned.

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "tough as nails."

Cons: "loves gas"

"The time has come to upgrade my beloved suburban. I bought this vehicle new and have driven it almost everywhere. It is comfortable, roomy, tough, and the reliability is unquestionable. As I look for a replacement I hope it will be half as good as the suburban has been."

Suprisingly VERY reliable family car

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, roomy and comfortable for 8 passengers"

Cons: "Plastic hardware always breaking, coming off"

"We purchased our 2006 Suburban new after owning Subarus and Toyotas in the past so were very hesitant, but needed a larger vehicle. We have now owned for over 5 years and have only had minimal repairs. The one compaint we have, that may be common for all Chevrolets, is the interior hardware. It seems that every month a new piece of plastic would come off one of the seats or somewhere inside that we couldn't get back on. Overall we have taken this car on many vacations and have never been stranded on the side of the road. It has a very comfortable ride, and we have been very happy owners."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Meets multiple needs in comfort"

Cons: "A big car for wife to drive but she likes it too."

"Bought new. A solid, dependable, safe vehicle. Used for around town plus long hauls between Canada and Florida. A great road car with comfort. No problems for 100,000 miles. Just had to have 4 wheel drive repair due to jammed transfer case actuator. Only used 4 wheel drive once (100ft.) that may have contributed to problem. It is a terrific tow vehicle but do need electric trailer brakes with heavy load. Replacing brakes first time at 102,000 miles. Can't say enough good things about this vehicle. Wish GM had built them all this way. Would never have needed a bail-out."