2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 746 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Nice Truck

By on Friday, December 12, 2008

"I have the LTZ that I bought to replace my 1999 model. Many improvements were made in handling and braking and I am very satisfied overall. I occasionally get a "service tire moninter" warning; Chevy changed the computer but it still happens so that is my only complaint. After 50,000 miles it still drives great and I don't plan to replace it anytime soon. I drove a new 2008 this year and I like my '05 better when it comes to comfort. I can't see trading it for the price difference. Gas milage is also reasoable; I average about 17 mpg which is great for a large vehicle."

A Quality Vehicle

By on Saturday, November 22, 2008

"I have an 04 LT with everything except sunroof. It currently has 75,580 miles. This SUV has been very good to me. The only repairs have been to replace an HVAC valve, replace outside mirror lights and the seals for the back hatch due to rust. Otherwise it has only been normal maintenance items. I am still on the original brakes and still have 10k or more left on them. I would think about trading it in for a new one but I do not like the inside styling. They have taken away all the good little storage areas for the driver. Also, tehy have not added AC seats for the front like they have for the crossovers. I will continue to wait. Excellent vehicle and very reliable. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking."

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2008

my 2k Sub

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"I luv this truk! I bought it used with 90k miles for about $18k. Its been the best INVESTMENT ever for my family of seven. Its beautiful, bright RED, peanut butter leather, all the toys, tv, cd, tape, heated everything (including mirrors) and tow pak. I love it. It has over 152k miles and I still drive it over my volvo s60 many days. Its great on gas (I get about 20-21 mpg on highway), city driving does take its toll on gas but i'm always on the highway. We shop a lot too, and with 5 kids we can load a vehicle at the grocery store or the mall everytime! it's been great having this truk, even with the luggage on top (in rack) we can fill the inside with TONS of STUFF! I absolutely love my truck. I just got an Acura MDX for my wife because she wanted something smaller to drive but for long trips we will always have a suburban, you just can't beat it. We've always been foreign car owners but I have really fallen for this American icon......Nothing beats my heavy Chevy...NOTHING!"

Love it-hate the gas mileage

By on Saturday, October 27, 2007

"We LOVE our suburban, 3rd one we have owned. Why can't Chevy make something that gets a least decent mileage? PUT A DIESEL IN IT. Tows like a dream, eats gas and is afraid to pass a gas station. Very comfy, roomy and lovely, shame we can only drive it one day a week due to the cost of gas. Machine in our mountains and snow."

Great Family Vehicle

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"My 2002 Suburban LT is the best driving vehicle that I have owned in 22 years of driving. This truck handles like a car and has been a great vehicle to get our four kids around the country. Sports equipment, luggage, and most importantly my kids all fit comfortably in this truck. The highway handling and it's 4-wheel drive option has helped us in upstate New York during the winter. I just wish that Chevy would make a more fuel efficient Suburban for large families that need the room. I would recommend this to any large family."

Needs better Quality Control

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"I am a lifelong Chevy owner, but I am becoming less satisfied with the quality of their products with every purchase. The instrument cluster on these products fail on a regular basis, interior trim is shoddy. The motor and transmission are already beginning to show signs of impending failure with only 75,000 miles."

best handling suburban around

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

"This is my 3rd Suburban in 22 yrs. It has the best handling of any of them. Very nimble and accelerates quickly for a large vehicle. However, it gets poor gas mileage, especially when pulling any weight/size trailer."

great family car

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"My husband and I bought this suv because our mini van was not big enough. Not to mention every vehical we've owned was a Ford with nothing but problems. This is worth every monthly payment. Fits all of us and the gas mpg isn't bad for an suv. This is the best vehical I have ever owned thank you Chevy."

Study suburban

By on Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Pros: "Great price, comfortable car, runs great, carries"

Cons: "Some dings, scratches,"

"Selling our beloved study suburban. Team trips, college dorm moves, sofa buying, apartment filling, donation hauling, costco runs- this car has done it all. Mostly driven by mature adult male but some exterior evidence of teenager mishaps on front and passenger side door. Car runs great. Well maintained over the years with all service records available."

An amazing vehicle

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "excellent vehicle mechanically"

Cons: "leather wears out over the years"

"Our truck will turn 11 years old this coming year and we are so thankful that we purchased it used 9 years ago. It has been an amazing family/ work truck over the years with little mechanical or other issues. Keep the oil changed and regular yearly maintenance and you will have an amazing vehicle that holds its' value well!"

Darn good Truck/Suburban

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"I bought this 2004 Suburban w/44,000 miles on it in Jan, 2006. Since then I have had no major work done on it. I used it to go back and forth to work at several locations, as well as family trips. I put well over 30,000 miles a year on it and kept the oil changed every 5,000 miles. It now has 291,000 miles and still runs great. The a/c works great, but once in a while the actuator doors for the front a/c malfunction, and it blows very hot air. The only thing to do is to pull over, turn the a/c off, turn the engine off, and start over to reset the computer that controls the actuator doors. This is a factory defect, but there is no recall. It is at least $1000 to replace with re-built actuator doors (dampers) that may or may not work any better. Not going to do that. I can pull over within a few miles when I need to. I will probably trade sometime soon, as metal fatigue takes its toll on vehicles and things will start to break. This has really been my best of 4 Chevy/GMC Suburban/Yukon over the last 30 years and I put over 275,000 miles on all of them. The only one I bought new was a 1999 GMC Yukon. I did love the vehicle, but the 4-wheel drive presented some major repairs on two occasions. With that said, I am thinking seriously about a Ford-F150 CNG/LPG pickup for my next purchase. It may be my last. I am very interested, but not enthused or excited. I have to do my research and learn more. I may go back to GMC Yukon. Who knows?"

Love it

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "Fuel mileage"

"Best vehicle I have ever owned almost 300,000 miles and still runs great very dependable."

Would definately buy another one.

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

"I would want to buy another one."

Best suv chevy ever made!

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "roomy, rides great"

"i will never drive anything but a chevy suburban!"

2002 Suburban indestructible

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "It's a large cargo or passenger hauler"

Cons: "No cons/ NONE"

"I have owned three 2002 Chevy Suburban/ Tahoe's of which I have owned 8 or 9 full size Chevy/ GMC SUV's in total. They serve a purpose for those that have to haul people or cargo and their towing capability is unreal. I have driven several to 150-200,000 miles without incident. While the gas mileage is not the best it is the best full size SUV for comfort and capability as well as cost of ownership. While I am very conservative I know that there were a few issues with the 2005 and 2006 model years and that's why I have owned so many 2002's. I have yet to own a 2007 or newer as the used auto market kept the costs of these to high comparative to a new Suburban/ Tahoe. Now that the used auto market is dropping I will be purchasing a 2007 or newer in the near future. The greatest cost that these vehicles have posed was the front wheel bearings which are around $400 per side and most needed replacing between 135-150,000 miles. Overall the motors are unbelievably reliable and strong."

Buy em used and drive them into the ground.

By on Monday, November 12, 2012

Pros: "smooth, roomy, 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"I recommend buying these 40,000 rigs used for a fraction of that then driving them untill the end of their service life. Plenty of families will put 300k on these rigs before getting rid of them. Nothing like a big, comfortable, safe vehicle. Swaggy J out!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Great SUV, nice on the open road."

Cons: "Really, no problems"

"Ten years old, I have had zero problems with this vehicle. Insurance is even low."

THIS IS MY 2ND ONE-I LOVE IT

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "GREAT ROOM AND QUALITY"

Cons: "BAD ON GAS!!! BUT YOU CAN CHANGE THAT"

"THIS IS A GREAT VEHICLE... BUT HARD ON GAS! I PLACED ON AN AFTER MARKET POWER CHIP"

This is the best all around vehicle ever made.....

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

"For its purpose, you can not get any better than the Suburban. Lots of room, power and comfort."

Must have been a good day on the assembly line.

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Many."

Cons: "Gasoline consumption. It is a thirsty truck."

"I bought this Chevy truck in 2004. My wife and I have four children. This is our third Suburban in a row. Leased a 1999 and a 2002. So happy with them that we bought the 2004 off the lot. Paid it off long ago. It will be eight years old in May of 2012. Other than routine maintenance and two sets of new tires this has been a worry free vehicle. The front passenger seat motor got stuck and drained the original battery! Warranty took care of that. A rear seat belt needed an adjustment. These were the only issues. This truck is fully loaded and still as comfortable as ever. We do not tow any thing so I can't talk about this as a working vehicle. As a family wagon this vehicle is a dream machine. We live in northern Michigan where snow is a concern. Two weeks ago we had a 20" snow fall. Heavy wet snow. This truck was able to get me to my elderly parents home in that storm. I recommend Goodyear Fortera Triple Tread tires on this SUV. I rest comfortably knowing that my wife and kids are protected in this full size dependable SUV with OnStar. I also love XM radio. There is also room for a 101 pound chocolate lab that thinks he's a kid. Our 16 year old twin daughters are just beginning to drive. I hope to buy a 2012 or 2013 Suburban in the next twelve months. Our 2004 will then be semi retired. I'll only part with this truck when Blue Book value equals the cost of having it towed away. I endorse Chevy trucks. Over 75 years in production. No other American vehicle can boast that...only Chevrolet's Suburban. Like a rock."

2003 Suburban 1500 4WD

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, engine, comfort and stability."

Cons: "Gas milage."

2003 Suburban LT 4WD

"Typical Chevy reliability. Never had one problem since purchased new at end of 2003. 4WD is amazing, milage is OK for this behemouth vehicle. The worse the weather, the better it feels to drive it. Only oil changes and new tires, new battery since purchase. It is now over 8 years old, the paint is showroom new and it is fun to drive. The airconditioning and heat are great, as well as the heated seats. I upgraded the On star so that I could continue making phone calls and keep the Safety and Security package. I want another one but price is too high."

2003 Suburban LT 4WD

One heck of a vehicle

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, power, reliablity, options."

Cons: "fuel mileage but hey its a truck."

"I bought this in 06 with under 50k miles on it and its now at 189,000. I have taken it on 2 trips for chicago to Arizona and it is very comfertable for the long drives, I have pulled many different types of trailers from boats to a landscape trailer with a few thousand pounds of rocks and it handles them like a champ. I have put on 2 alternators and had the gauge cluster rebuilt and a water pump butsthats been all the major work I had to have done to it. I change the oil every 3-4k miles changed the spark plugs and so far it has not let me down. If you want a vehicle that could take the family on long trips and then pull a trailer full of rocks up hill this one is for you. Only thing is I wish the highway mileage was a little better then 14."

I love the Chevy Suburban

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Pros: "Space and Comfort"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"This is a great family car and very durable! This is the best family vehicle I would have to say. The only draw back is the horrible gas mileage."

Easiest SUV to drive...

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"I love my Suburban. I bought this vehicle new and have owned it for over 8 years. No problems with it, it has been an excellent vehicle. Easy to drive, very roomy, good for getting back and forth to sporting events with lots of kids, long trips are easy lots of room to spread out and get comfy. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs a trustworthy vehicle. Also own a Nissian Frontier that vehicle is in the shop all the time I have never had any problems with the Suburban. I have owned three other SUV prior to this one and prefer my Suburban over the others (Rodeo, Explorer, Expedition)"