2001 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 746 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Really best vehicle I have owned.

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "tough as nails."

Cons: "loves gas"

"The time has come to upgrade my beloved suburban. I bought this vehicle new and have driven it almost everywhere. It is comfortable, roomy, tough, and the reliability is unquestionable. As I look for a replacement I hope it will be half as good as the suburban has been."

Suprisingly VERY reliable family car

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, roomy and comfortable for 8 passengers"

Cons: "Plastic hardware always breaking, coming off"

"We purchased our 2006 Suburban new after owning Subarus and Toyotas in the past so were very hesitant, but needed a larger vehicle. We have now owned for over 5 years and have only had minimal repairs. The one compaint we have, that may be common for all Chevrolets, is the interior hardware. It seems that every month a new piece of plastic would come off one of the seats or somewhere inside that we couldn't get back on. Overall we have taken this car on many vacations and have never been stranded on the side of the road. It has a very comfortable ride, and we have been very happy owners."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Meets multiple needs in comfort"

Cons: "A big car for wife to drive but she likes it too."

"Bought new. A solid, dependable, safe vehicle. Used for around town plus long hauls between Canada and Florida. A great road car with comfort. No problems for 100,000 miles. Just had to have 4 wheel drive repair due to jammed transfer case actuator. Only used 4 wheel drive once (100ft.) that may have contributed to problem. It is a terrific tow vehicle but do need electric trailer brakes with heavy load. Replacing brakes first time at 102,000 miles. Can't say enough good things about this vehicle. Wish GM had built them all this way. Would never have needed a bail-out."

dependable

By on Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"My wife has driven our family to school for 8 years straight, about an hour round trip, this vehilce has now 184,000 miles on it and still keeps going, the only downside is the gas milelage is low but still way above previous suburbans that got 8 or 9 miles to gallon. Plenty of power and always dependable"

Worth every penny

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"We bought the 2002 Suburban new and have had very few problems with it. It is 2 wheel drive and we live in the snow belt east of Cleveland Ohio. With good tires it will go anywhere on pavement. We litterally pushed snow with the front bumper for 3 hours coming across RT 80 in Pa during a bad snow storm and never had a problem. I have towed 10,000 lbs from Virginia to Ohio recently with it with no problem and the truck had 148,000 mile on it at the time. I have run nothing but synthetic oil in it and have changed the oil regularly every 5,000 miles with 156.000 mile and counting. The only complaint I have with the vehicle is that it eats back rotors I have put 4 sets on since new. The bottom of the doors are starting to get rusty and everything is brown underneath. This is due to the amount of salt used in the winter around here and the fact that I did not get it under coated and rust proofed when new. Yea the gas milage is not that good only avg around 16 city and 20 hi way, but it is a heavy vehicle with a big motor under the hood (5.3 ltr), which we expected when we bought it. This vehicle has served my family well for 7 years and I would recommend to anybody who needs haul people or tow thing with confidence."