1994 Chevrolet Suburban 2500

Based on 428 Ratings for the 1988 - 1999 models.

one of the best cars on the road

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "great machine"

Cons: "hard to park in town"

"This was my 4th suburban and I have nothing but praise for this model in terms of reliability,safety,handling for a large vehicle, and flexibility. This is the car for longer trips with family and dogs.Better than Mercedes or BMW in all around value and the repairs are much cheaper."

300,000 yesterday and has never let me down.

By on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and reliable."

Cons: "Bit hard on the gas"

"Bought new from Buzz Chew fall of 1997. Replaced 1st engine part idler pulley at 297,863 miles. It is just a great big comfortable, reliable, SUV. All original OEM parts on car (except tires & battery) until about 298,000 miles then rear wheel cylinders as a safety precaution, fusible link, oxygen senors, pitman arm,"

Still a great car

By on Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pros: "Great family car. Or multi pet family :)"

Cons: "Parking is a problem if you can't drive a big car."

"I purchased this SUV used from a customer of mine. I love it still. People are amazed that I still get 18 mpg from a big boat like this. Maintenance has not been crazy, nothing major has gone wrong (knock wood) haha. Plenty of room, actually too much room now. Great turning base for a big car. Everything still works in it, like air (all 3), heat, seats, etc...."

One of the Best Vehicles owned to date

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Repairable, Comfortable, and Paid For..."

Cons: "Doesn't get 35 MPG, Doesn't have Cruise..."

It has Class.

"It just wants to go, mileage is 18+ and sometimes better on the road, less in higher elevations, comfortable, a few design flaws but overall the most reliable vehicle since my 1975 Suburban, tires were/are too small. Yet, a better ride than the 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer preceding it. The Suburban needs better seats, more attention to the little things, screws that fall out, foreign components shoddy in their manufacture to begin with. It Still Looks Good, Rides Great, is in Good Mechanical Condition and gets me there. That's as good as it gets... What hurts is that we know, they could do better."

It has Class.

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Handles bad weather, tows with ease, super comfort"

Cons: "A few more MPG please"

"When Chevrolet engineered this vehicle, they got it right. The comparably short wheel base and power options make it a formidable tow rig, and the exemplary comfort of the leather-appointed cabin and tinted windows, remarkable sound system and third row of seats make it a great people-hauler too, while still having enough cargo space in the back to carry a lot of extra stuff. Unlike most SUVs, this is not a station wagon, as it can haul an easy 5000 pounds without missing a beat. I have had mine for 7 years, putting more than 190,000 miles on it, with occasional wear-related repairs. The average cost of ownership has been vastly less than a boxy, poor-handling newer car would be. Other cars have come in and out of my life since I bought The Beast (as it's known), and with the only exception being a Cadillac STS, it has outpaced all of them in terms of comfort. In fact, it is more comfortable than the low-slung Caddy seats were, and has taken use without complaint, unlike the same Caddy. It's practical, good-looking, comfortable, and fun to drive. It handles Vermont's worst winter weather like a champ (I do mount studded snow tires) and cruises reasonably easily over our rutted dirt roads, too. Last but not least I have to mention its fuel economy (stop laughing). My truck gets approximately 16.5 miles per gallon, respectable for any larger vehicle, particularly when taken into account the fact that GM predicted 13-15 for a brand new Suburban 1500. And the EPA actually says its emissions are reasonable, and far less than a lot of newer vehicles with smaller engines. How do I love my Suburban? Let me count the ways."

Fantastic surprise

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "Fast, fun, well built, reliable, comfortable, safe"

Cons: "Doesn't exactly sip fuel"

"Love it. Bought it on a desperate mission to replace my stolen minivan one day (5 kids), and this is what I could afford for cash. With over 150k miles, my expectations were not great. 3 years later, I love this gentle giant. Fun to drive and very reliable! My kids like riding in the big Chevy as a macho alternative to the Honda odyssey. The 7.4L has a sweet note, and propels the behemoth like a muscle car! It takes corners with grace and secure handling, and stops without drama. Repairs? Like none but minor issues. Sounds too good to be true? Believe me, they are value-priced and are worth a look, especially if you can find the 454 and aren't on a tight fuel budget."

Easily one one the best vehicles I have ever owned

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

"I bought this vehicle used in 2001 with 125,000 miles on it. I have put on 100,000 hard miles since then, towing hauling, 4 wheel driving, camping vacationing and out to dinner. The vehicle has had regular maintenance, oil changes, tires and brakes - the only repair I had to do was an A/C compressor and a belt tensioner. This has to be one of the best vehicles GM has ever made! I definitely expect to get 300,000 miles out of this vehicle."

First owner of the 2500 worked as advertised.

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pros: "Power/space/comfort outstanding."

Cons: "Bad breaks, small items fail/and fail again."

"First 5 years were great. Expected ware and tear started to show towing 8K lbs travel trailer. 2500 breaks never worked right after first year. Auto door and window silinoids and motors started failing in second year. Door will not lock via auto and windows don't roll up/down. Interior very good except for dash board knobs. Falling apart. Replaced air conditioner switch 3x's, made in mexico and it shows. Many parts made in mexico, OK, many more bad experiance. Tranny is outstanding, engine very good. Drive train very good. This was the only vehicle on market that met family needs. Would buy again if the only one on market. Mileage was as expected, low. Family of 5 comfort outstanding and will hold 6 adults on fishing trip very well with gear."

good work truck

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

"good work truck needs work on intrier"

Never will purchase a new suv

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "great price, awesome hwy mileage, very roomy"

Cons: "only preventative maintenance"

"I upgraded from a 98' Chevy Tahoe I purchased in 2008 for my 40th bday with only 121,000 original miles. The previous owner kept extremely detailed records of every oil change and every detail. Upon purchasing the Tahoe, the original window sticker was in the glove compartment at a purchase price of $38,000. I paid $3,300 out the door with the dealer kind enough to pay for the tags. of which I sold to my fiancee, just to keep it in the family. Now, I've upgraded to a '99 Suburban, fully loaded and purchased for $4,100 with 197,000 original miles, I wouldnt trade either truck for a brand new one off the assembly line. Both the Tahoe and the Suburban meet my families expectations and beyond. Ive helped friends n family move with both trucks and once the seats were easily removed, the room that was left had me astounded. My motto is "if I ever became homeless, I'd have a paid for ready made place to live in, my Suburban." I've had the Suburban for 4 months now and I still get amazed by all the accesories it has, I had to get in the back seat and Im still finding little amenities to it. I LOVE CHEVY AND I LOVE BOTH MY TAHOE & ESPECIALLY MY SUBURBAN!!!"