• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $55,417 - $57,510.

10/7.5

Based on 262 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Love my LTZ

By on Wednesday, September 01, 2010

"This is my 3rd surb. bought new 4 years ago, now has 62k. A few minor trips to the dealer. Great in the snow, long trips, tailgating. My only complaint would be the coffin sized center console that I have to tuck my right arm into my side and open with my left."

great vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Owned several SUV's before the suburban but this tops them all foreign and domestic. Great ride, quiet, safe, comfortable and classy. I must say it does it all. If you want to ride in this type of luxury you will spend a few extra dollars on gas but it goes with the territory."

By on Thursday, March 04, 2010

"This is a great famiy car, I have two kids and two English Mastiffs and they all fit. the plastic interior parts wear out quick. The turning is great feels like a sedan. There are two blindspots at the driver and passenger sides of the windshield. I seem to average 11.5 mpg. Needs to be six speed transmission. Its also not cheap. But overall a good family car."

BETTER THAN EVER

By on Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"The Suburban is better than ever. Nice styling, good perfomance and has been very reliable. Only one minor adjustment in over a year of ownership. The restyling and improved performance of a couple of years ago has really made this a better vehicle. And hiway mileage about twenty per gallon: while that does not come close to a Prius for mileage, a Prius would never come close to a Suburban for carrying capacity, towing etc."

incredible ride

By on Thursday, September 03, 2009

"Love the vehicle. I have a large family and it easily accomodates us. I am not happy with the 4 speed transmission in the 07 and 08 models (I have an 08). I have never liked the hard plastic interior. Very cheap feeling. It is awesome in the snow. The Bose sound system is awesome. Love the SIRUS radio built in as well as On Star. Not to happy with the pulling capability. Recommend the 2500 model if you are going to be pulling a boat. Very good ride and very, very comfortable and also very "smart". 40k and no problems at all. Would upgrade to LTZ in the near future."

Best vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Monday, May 18, 2015

Pros: "Did the job I bought it for dependably."

"I ordered this Chevrolet Suburban 2500. My experience with this vehicle tells me General Motors has significantly improved the quality of the vehicles they build. It has 176,000 miles and I never had to put brakes on it. I never had to do anything to transmission or engine. It has been a great vehicle."

Chevy has made a mess of the Suburban

By on Monday, May 11, 2015

"I had a 2003 Suburban that I loved and traded it in with over 250,000 miles (I bought it used). I purchased a used 2007 with only 78,000 miles on it. I've made less than 2 years of payments and have put only 60,000 miles on it, and it's had a new transmission put in it (thankful for the extended warranty I purchased) and it now needs a new engine. The engine in the 2007 is a mess. There is a problem with excessive oil usage. Chevy's aware of it and won't back it. Which leaves both the dealers and the consumer holding the bag. I hear Chevy has corrected this design flaw, but make sure you do your research before you buy one."

2007 Chevy Suburban

By on Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Very comfortable-spacious vehicle. It handles like a car and makes long drives comfortable. I have owned mine for 2.5 yrs and absolutely love it."

Suburban Tops

By on Monday, June 29, 2009

"Love the room and looks, but a price to be paid in gas mileage?"

Best Veh ever owned

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"We just upgraded from a Chev Ext trailblazer with a third row seat. With this new truck there is a lot more room for our growing three boys, IE hockey, baseball, football and etc.. I feel this vehicle does not ride like a truck but rather like a car. Would highly recommend."

BEST VEHICLE EVER

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"I LOVE MY 2007 CHEVY SUBURBAN. THIS OUR 2ND SUBURBAN THAT WE HAVE OWNED. SUPERIOR COMFORT AND SPACIOUS ROOM IN THE ENTIRE VEHICLE. WE TOW OUR CRESTLINER BOAT TO OUR LAKE HOME IN THE SPRING AND AGAIN IN THE FALL. 95% OF DRIVING TIME, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT YOU ARE TOWING. I ALSO LIKED THE FLEX FUEL ESPECIALLY WHEN THE PRICE OF FUEL WAS WELL ABOVE THE $4.00 PER GALLON RATE. THE HIGHEST MILES PER GALLON I AVERAGED WAS 24MPG HIGHWAY. THAT WAS WHEN I REALLY PAID ATTENTION TO MY MPG READINGS. IT CAN BE DONE!! I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS VEHICLE TO ANYONE THAT HAS A FAMILY AND ANIMALS. WE HAVE 2 SIBERIAN HUSKIES THAT WE CRATE WHEN WE TRAVEL. PLENTY OF ROOM FOR 2 CRATES AND EVERYTHING ELSE YOU NEED. I LOVE IT WHEN WE HAVE FAMILY FUNCTIONS (B-DAYS, ETC), WE COMFORTABLY TRAVEL WITH 8 PASSENGERS IN THE SUBURBAN. IT IS A GREAT VEHICLE!"

Great truck!

By on Sunday, November 30, 2008

"I absolutly love my truck!! This is my third and hopefully last Suburban. We have A 2008 LTZ black, loaded with everything. The truck is great, we love the fuel management 4cyl to 8 cyl., I get 17 10 18 mpg in the city and 23 to 24 hwy. Drives good, great for rainy weather and my kids love the DVD system. I feel save on my truck specially with three kids and one on the way! I had no problems with it, I recommend this truck to anyone with a big family. I rather pay $50 to $60 dollars per gallon of gas and have my baby's safe, than pay $20 to $30 dollars in gas and have and accident and not be alive to tell. We get lots of complements from it...its an Escalade without the expensive stuff..but still looks hot...! I love it!"

Still a legend

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"I bought my Chevvy Suburban in September of 2007 with a view to using it for towing a trailer and accomodating our growing family. Well we never got round to the trailer but there's so much space inside this puppy who cares. We've travelled with 4 adults and 3 kids for long trips to the beach and the mountains in complete comfort. It's quiet inside despite having a ton of muscle under the hood and I love the flex-fuel option of being able to use 85% ethanol. I get a smile on my face every time I see the engine automatically cut over to 4 cylinders whilst cruising at a steady speed, to save on fuel and because of the electronic monitoring of tire pressures, I never have to get my hands dirty checking it myself. Having on-star is great with the automatic monthly emails telling me the status of my vehicle and whether I need to take it in for an oil change. The oil life readout is a cool idea too so I can see from the dash board just how near I am to needing a service. The ride is comfortable, quiet and smooth, what's not to love about this vehicle."

Fun and Function

By on Saturday, November 01, 2008

"I am having a lot of fun with my Suburban. I got all the bells and whistles, Nav., DVD, engine that cut to 4 cylinders to save gas, etc... So I was expecting to have some problems with the reliability. I had to bring it back to the dealer 2 times so far and I made an appointment for number 3. 2 times for the auto door lock not working and now the engine light is on. Now with that said, I am amazed at all this truck can do! Every day I am finding another awesome feature. Everything is automatic. I love it!"

Impressive Vehicle

By on Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Its a great vehicle. We were able to fit 3 front facing carseats in the back seat but only 2 car seats in the middle seat due to the doors taking up 2 inches too much space. Adults would have a hard time with the leg room in the back seat. The middle seat seemed ok but there is room for improvement as far as leg space goes. Made a six hour trip to Wyoming seam quick since it floated down the highway. It has plenty of power to get around slower vehilces and the fuel economy with the flexfuel is to be expected of the larger vechicle. The 4cyl mode only kicks in on flat or down hill roads when not excelerating. It would be nice if it kicked in while idleing. We already had a problem with the fuel pump module only after 90 days after purchase (12000 miles) but other then that it seems like a sturdy vehicle mechanically. The turning radius is impressivly small and makes it easy to navigate in the city. I would buy it again in a heartbeat."

Perfect Vehicle for Field Engineer

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"This vehicle is the best that I have ever owned. I am very happy at 15k miles so far. Many people compliment the interior and comfort features that my 2LT has standard. It has power pulling 1,000 gallon water tanks up steep mountain switchbacks and on demand when needed on the highway. Other times, when speed is not needed, I drive with the instant MPG display to maintain maximum MPGs with the 4-cylinder mode. I have enough room for several co-workers and all of our gear."

Nice vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2008

"I have owned the 07 sub for about a year now. The only complaint with the vehicle I have is I live in the one of the hottest parts of Arizona where the temp in the summer reaches 115 - 120 three months out of the summer. When started, the vehicle makes a grinding noise coming from inside the engine area. Took it to the dealership several times and they tell me it is the actuator but can't fix it. Grinding noise shut vehicle off after starting it witht eh remote starter. I am a dissappointed about the dealer service. If I am going to pay 40K I don't want any problems. I will buy another sub in the future. In fact I am building one now. I will opt for the 3/4 ton or the 1/2 ton Z71 or LTZ. I do like the lift gate and the video/audio package for my boy. Gas milage is what you would expect for a large vehicle. Not great but not bad. I just wish I could fix the grinding noice."

love love love

By on Monday, July 21, 2008

"my family of 6 bought this car in november of 2007. we absolutely love it! we upgraded from an 05 dodge durango and would never go back after we experienced all this room and quality. we get an average of 18 mpg which is way better than what our durango with a hemi ever got. we always get compliments on it and it is a great car overall. it goes very well in the snow. although one complant is that the cloth black seat collect lint very badly. but other than that i would reccomend this car to anyone."

great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"This is number 5 in our long line of suburbans. By far the best one yet. Love this vehicle but will be our last. Can't pay this much for it to be worth so little one year later."

By on Sunday, July 13, 2008

"The Car is great, everything about it but it can use alot of gas"

should have got this one first

By on Saturday, July 12, 2008

"great truck seats 8 and all our luggage.i had a 2000 expedition first seated 8 not much luggage room.only issue i've had so far was a sunroof leak took 3 tries.i get a lot of compliments.HWY mileage is good wish city was a little better.luckily i don't need to drive it daily."

best suv

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2008

"have owned other sub., tahoe's, and expeditons. For the size of this vehicle I get 17-21mpg. You have to drop to a rav4 or forester to beat the gas mileage. Why buy a small or mid size suv? Ive got the safety with this. Went on vacation--with wife, 4 kids. mother.and mother inlaw for 7 days. I did not have to use luggage carrier. But other wise loaded and still got 19-20mpg the whole trip. Best vehicle ive owned. Awesome in winter weather. My wife loves this vehicle. I hear u can get a deal on them now!"

2nd one i have owned

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"my 1st was a 2000 GMC yukon xl-some small steering column issues but overall very good.My 2nd was a 2005 chevy z71-no complaints whats so ever.40k miles nothing but oil changes.considering moving on up to the 08 -like the new features.Best family vehicle out there.Would recommend to any family."

Nice but has had issues

By on Friday, May 09, 2008

"I love the size and drive of my suburban but it has had some issues. When you spend $40k on a brand new vehicle you don't expect things like this to happen. We have had this 1 1/2 year and we have put just under 28,000 miles on. First issue: the driver side & rearview mirrors are always dim at night and still has a problem after having the rearview mirror replaced due to a sensor and the driver side mirror replaced. The thing has died 2X's while being on accessory for 10minutes. Had to have it jumped both times. Fuel mileage is nowhere near what it said it would be. The only time it goes to 4cyl. is when it coasts. Now it is using oil. After last oil change we drove 2500miles to texas and back and had to add a quart when we got back. Just 1200 miles after that we had to add another quart. We are now doing an oil consumption test on it. I think we got a lemon. Not what I want when I need something more reliable to haul my family around."

It's Sick, man!

By on Thursday, April 03, 2008

"Best ride around! Looks is just the beginning! With the option of using E-85, it's totally family affordable! I LOVE my 'Burban! Drives easy-unlike older trucks-awesome in snow, too!"