2013 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $39,658 - $41,691.

10/7.6

Based on 233 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

LOVE IT

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

"I LOVE MY SUBURBAN! GOOD GAS MILEAGE FOR AN SUV. SEATS 8. ALWAYS HAVE ROOM FOR ALL OF OUR BOYS AND THEIR FRIENDS. FOOTBALL, BASEBALL, BASKETBALL, TOWING THE BOAT, MOTORCYCLES CAMPING, TAKING THE DOGS TO THE BEACH. NO MATTER WHAT I HAVE ENJOYED MY SUBURBAN."

Did not think it would get any better!!!!!

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Great ride, quality and room for a HUGE SUV"

Cons: "None so far"

"I owned a 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe and knew it was a good vehicle, loved everything about it and thought we would keep it forever and having over 173,500 miles on it, it sure seemed like it. However, now with two young kids, a husky and possibly another dog being added to this family and repair costs for the Tahoe, it was time for a new SUV. My wife and I were looking into a HYBRID Tahoe but only getting a couple of miles difference and thinking about expense cost if the batteries or the HYBRID system goes out, we decided to keep looking at Tahoes, but when we went to the dealership, could not pass up on the Suburban LT sitting on the lot. Test drove it and it had gobbs of power, rode really smooth and you felt really safe sitting inside. Even with 2 child restraints, I mean seats, access to the 3rd row was simple and easier than our old vehicle. The features are really good, could use a couple more compartments for storage (Tahoe had a lot) and my wife and I love the interior. The leather seats are very comfortable and with good support. All of the controls for radio, AC, heater, lights, 4X4, cruise control and so on are in perfect reach. The cargo area is much bigger and my dog loves the extra room now. The power of the Chevy V8 is fantastic and even though I only get 21 MPG on the highway (when not towing anything), I'm good with that. Most little HYBRIDS can't tow a thing, this vehicle was more than I expected and worth every penny so far. I would highly recommend this vehicle to any family and friends, especially those with kids and who need to carry tons of bags when traveling!!!"

Excellent for larger families!

By on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Pros: "Great roomy family vehicle with good cargo room"

Cons: "poor fuel efficiency"

"We depend on our sub and cannot imagine life without it. Roomy with four children and with middle buckets, allows kids to make their way to third row easily. Interior is plush on the LTZ and very, very comfortable. Drives great for larger SUV. Downside is mileage (terrible) and steering wheel is peeling. Also, Chevy emblem on front grill looked trashy after just a year or so (peeled from the inside) and the steering wheel peeled just after warranty. GM was great while warranty lasted with repairs to noise on windshield and whining on front windows when opening/closing windows. Since warranty has gone out we have lost functionality on driver's side door locking with key fob and have learned this is a big problem that as of now GM has not addressed. All in all though, we will highly likely purchase another in the next year or two!"

LOVE MY SUBURBAN

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "DRIVES GREAT, BOSE SPEAKERS GREAT."

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE, REAR SEATS NOT COMFORTABLE."

"PURCHASED USED ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO. HAS GIVEN ME NO PROBLEM AT ALL. GAS MILEAGE IS NOT GOOD BUT WHAT DO YOU EXPECT. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT REAR SEATS ARE NOT COMFORTABLE. ONE THING I DO NOT LIKE IS THE WAY THE THIRD SEAT FOLDS DOWN. THE ONLY WAY YOU HAVE A FLAT SURFACE IS TO REMOVE IT COMPLETELY. ALSO, NOT MUCH LEG ROOM FOR THIRD SEAT PASSENGERS."

Why didn't I own one sooner!

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Room, confidence, reliability, options"

Cons: "No bluetooth in 2008 for phone, only OnStar mins"

"I absolutely wish had I had bought a Suburban years before I bought this one. I was always a minivan driver when we started a family. The gas mpg for the Suburban (4WD) only averages about 3 miles less per gallon than a 2WD, 6 cylinder minivan. I have had this vehicle for years, and reliability and flexibility have left nothing wanted. Plenty of space for passengers and storage. Power to tow just about anything you wish to, while very stable on the road when towing. Every option to make your time on the road, and around town, comfortable and confident. Although they are expensive initially, they have lasting value and reliability. I plan to have this vehicle as long as it will have me.."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25