2006 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

Based on 699 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

The vehicle for Texas

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive been all over the country with this."

Cons: "they have a new style change alot to the worst"

"Great Truck Still have not changed brakes, they are just now at the wear mark, Drive this vehicle every where. just replaced the water pump, hoses, fan clutch, Drove it 30 miles when pump went out never got super hot. I have to change a piece of leather on driver side because its worn. Getting ready to do another 100,000 mile tune up, on my third set of Michelin tires 70,000 mile tires which go over that. I tow a boat once a month for 800 miles. Looking at the new ones and they changed the a lot which I do not like. so hopefully this has another 200,000 left"

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "love the SIX cd holder"

"My black chevy surburan has been hands down the best, most solid vehicle I have ever owned. 12 years and 210000 miles later the ride is still so quiet on the highway! Unbelievable! So much leg room when you have the four bucket seats! GREAT road trip vehicle. I don't even want to sell it but our kids are in college and we just don't need this size vehicle any longer."

Still Running Like New!

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, performance, roominess and styling"

Cons: "There are no cons!"

"I posted a review back in March of 2013 of this vehicle when it had 177,000 miles. It now has 190,000 miles and we just returned from a 1,200 mile trip to FL. This vehicle is INCREDIBLE! I took the average of 3 fill ups and got 17.9 MPG driving 75-80 most of the way. We were loaded down with my three grown kids and added a trailer hitch carrier that contained 2 golf bags, 1 10 x 10 tent, 3 beach chairs and 10 beach towels. We refer to our beloved Suburban as "The Big Easy" and it continues to amaze me! I bought it new in December of 2001 with 5 miles and it runs as good as it did the day I bought it. While it does not get great gas mileage, I have not had a car payment since 12/2005. I highly recommend this vehicle!"

great car for active lifestyle at shore, mountains

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "big, heavy, safe, lots of inside room"

"holds lots of toys (kayaks, skis, dogs, surf boards, etc. great in snow; big and safe"

Still Rolling Along

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "Very Drivable, handles well,"

Cons: "Going to the gas pump and body rust"

"I purchased my 2002 Suburban LT as a leftover the dealers wife was driving with 5500 miles on it. I was going to get the base model, but salesman told me to take it for a test drive and my wife loved the heated seats. It was only a $1000 more, had many extras and still had 0% financing . I have driven the car now for over 13 years, and I do quite a bit of driving. The truck currently has 263,000 miles on it, and still runs great. It was a great vehicle while my kids were involved in travel sports (ice hockey, cheerleading and one still playing travel baseball). The only major problems have been with the fuel pump twice. It went bad at 30,000 miles, but was under warranty. It when again at a little over 100,000 miles and cost about $1000 to fix. Other than that, it has been routine maintenance… brakes, tires and water pump. For the most part, it has started every day I have had it other than the fuel pump issues. I still drive it daily. Over last few year, it has begun to leak oil (quart every 2000 miles), the driver's quarter is rusting and the paint is bubbling in a few spots, the front window motors do not work, and I have to put the fuse in and out the few times a year I need 4 wheel drive. I dad on my son's travel baseball team just had to junk his 2002 Suburban at over 350,000 miles. At this point, I drive with the title in the car just incase it should die. I will sign it over to the tow truck drive on the spot. My wife would like it gone due to the oil leak, but it's part of the family. I do not plan to put any major money back into it, but plan to drive it until it dies. It has been a great car if you don't think about the $46,000 in gas I have spent while driving this vehicle. I would love to get another, but will most likely not because of the sticker price and the cost of gas today. I will definitely miss it when it does go, but kids are older and it did far more than I ever expected from this vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Suburban 1500 near Honolulu. See local deals