2006 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

Based on 691 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

great car for active lifestyle at shore, mountains

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "big, heavy, safe, lots of inside room"

"holds lots of toys (kayaks, skis, dogs, surf boards, etc. great in snow; big and safe"

Still Rolling Along

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "Very Drivable, handles well,"

Cons: "Going to the gas pump and body rust"

"I purchased my 2002 Suburban LT as a leftover the dealers wife was driving with 5500 miles on it. I was going to get the base model, but salesman told me to take it for a test drive and my wife loved the heated seats. It was only a $1000 more, had many extras and still had 0% financing . I have driven the car now for over 13 years, and I do quite a bit of driving. The truck currently has 263,000 miles on it, and still runs great. It was a great vehicle while my kids were involved in travel sports (ice hockey, cheerleading and one still playing travel baseball). The only major problems have been with the fuel pump twice. It went bad at 30,000 miles, but was under warranty. It when again at a little over 100,000 miles and cost about $1000 to fix. Other than that, it has been routine maintenance… brakes, tires and water pump. For the most part, it has started every day I have had it other than the fuel pump issues. I still drive it daily. Over last few year, it has begun to leak oil (quart every 2000 miles), the driver's quarter is rusting and the paint is bubbling in a few spots, the front window motors do not work, and I have to put the fuse in and out the few times a year I need 4 wheel drive. I dad on my son's travel baseball team just had to junk his 2002 Suburban at over 350,000 miles. At this point, I drive with the title in the car just incase it should die. I will sign it over to the tow truck drive on the spot. My wife would like it gone due to the oil leak, but it's part of the family. I do not plan to put any major money back into it, but plan to drive it until it dies. It has been a great car if you don't think about the $46,000 in gas I have spent while driving this vehicle. I would love to get another, but will most likely not because of the sticker price and the cost of gas today. I will definitely miss it when it does go, but kids are older and it did far more than I ever expected from this vehicle."

awesome

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "nice . Very comfortable"

"love my suburban purchase 2006 has been garaged and very we'll taken care of'"

A real Disappointment

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Roomy & great handling"

Cons: "Horrific repair record"

"We bought the car new because we needed a large vehicle for long family trips. I love the way it drives and handles. It's roomy and comfortable and we can haul a ton of whatever we want. But it's reliability is horrible. It has not been used everyday at any time, only for long trips and local use when needing its capacity. Less than 8,000 mi per year. As soon as the extended warranty expired at 60 k miles, it began to break down. And note it has been maintained as per Chevy owners manual by the dealer to this day. First it was the front air bag sensor at $700, then the speedometer cluster at $600, then the windshield washer / wiper at $300. All things that should not be failing at 70k miles after 8 years of little use. I love the car but will not spend my hard earned money on another one. Next big family car will be a Toyota Sequoia. Sorry USA MADE, but you failed."

"The mpg is good. In Very Good Condition

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, adaptable and safe."

Cons: "Other than fuel economy, none."

"This vehicle has been a joy to own. It's been most convenient in a wide variety or ways. It hauls the entire family comfortably on outings and vacations. With the 3rd seat removed and the center seats folded down.Love It Because Its Lifted."

Very reliable tough truck!

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Great performance and Very comfortable!"

Cons: "Passes everything but a gas station"

"I'm very pleased with this truck. If you got something to haul weather it would be people or a camper this is it. I just don't like the gas mileage while driving around empty, i would think this could be improved upon. I do have the K&N filter system and that helps a little but this is a thirsty truck."

one owner

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "great family truck"

Cons: "gas"

"good truck"

Love it!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

"We have owned this suburban for 2 years now and we absolutely love it. There is so much room in the back for storage. The seats in all three rows are very comfy and similar to the front ones. We haven't had one mechanical issue with it though we have had minor electrical issues but I think that is to be expected out of a 8 yr old vehicle. It rides very smooth and we readily use the luggage rack on top for strapping all sort of things down from kayaks to boards. I am not sure how it would pull a trailer as we have a truck for those jobs."

I love my Suburban very much!!!

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "It is still a beauthful vehicle."

Cons: "We have bad Streets and it drives like a truck"

"It burns no oil and still gets over 17 miles to the gallon, I drive 35 min each way to work and back and I love this car/truck."

This was my dream car and I have loved it.

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Best vacation car ever!"

Cons: "Poor gas milesage"

"Perfect family car, lots of room for everything!! Upgrades are awesome. Really bad gas mileage but what can you expect with a large family size car, 4WD, off road tires. I am very happy with this Suburban and would buy another one if I had the opportunity."

great vehicle

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "space, comfort, reliability"

Cons: "mpg"

"Bought new and have driven every day since purchase. Comfort, space and reliability are excellent. Our family has vacationed, camped, boated with this beast for the past 9 years. Although family nearly grown, I'll buy another."

Love the Suburbans

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Great product, reliable and maintains value"

Cons: "price starts high, Autoride expensive to repair!"

"This is our third Suburban. We have lots of boys, and these vehicles are a great purchase. The only complaint I have is the cost to fix the autoride system, when it goes out. We drive these vehicles until they have over 200000 miles on them (we travel a lot). The ride is good, the Ford makes a more comfortable seat though. Easy to fix, usually inexpensive to fix, and a person who can work on a vehicle can usually maintain without a shop or specialized tools. When you hit 175,000 on these vehicles you will start dumping money in them, if you are not prepared or want this trade off way before this to maintain a good trade in value. You will replace front end, and transmission on these around this time. If you have towed with you can count on replacing rear end as well. Love the roomy interior. We will be buying a new suburban this summer."

Just overall a great vehicle.

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

"You absolutely cannot beat the Suburban. Perfect combination of size, performance, usability, toughness. Looking for another one now."

Good mileage

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

"I see many get gas mileage around 18 MPG on these. I own a 2001 1500 RWD, and when driving on the highway I normally get between 22 and 25 MPG. Just a stock 5.3 with no modifications."

2001 z-71 with 224.000 miles and love it!

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "looks, size, ride, stability"

Cons: "stereo button lights gave out & cant replace"

"This vehicle is very reliable, 224,000 miles with the orginal drivetain and still going strong.Very stylish with z-71 trim. The only thing i would need to do before taking a cross country trip is fill it with gas. comfy ride and gets around great on icy snowy road conditions, just select auto 4x4 and it engages as required. I average 18mpg on the highway which is very acceptable considering the size of vehicle. Only normal maintainence items have needed attention. Dont be affraid of one of these with alot of miles if it has good maintainece records."

This vehicle is in outstanding condition.

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Great vehicle to travel in. Plenty of room."

"New brakes, New Plugs, and wiring. New belts, and hoses, New universal joints, New front wheel bearings, excellent tires. Exterior and Interior in excellent condition."

05 suburban

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "love the self tinting side mirrors -no longer avai"

Cons: "MPG"

"I have owned a 99 gmc yukon xl, 2002 sub (both 1/2 T) and now this 05. I rate the 05 the best but all three have been excellent. Never a single problem with any of the 3. I tow 2 atvs on a single axle 3500 rated trailer occasionally. Mostly out west, Colo, MT, AZ and, yes, the gas consumption while towing, especially in the mountains, is about 10-12 mpg with the 5.3 liter v-8. Not sure what the rear end ratio is. I'm about to retire soon and want to upgrade to a newer model. KBB has my estimated value at 11,500 to a private party; about $2000 less for trade in value (very good-excellent condition). A difficult decision to make to sell/trade in with only 85k on it knowing it will probably go much more and the value will drop slower in the next year or two. Best vehicles ever owned since 1965."

Rust free! In garage or Florida in Winter months.

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "good car, runs great"

Cons: "All bells and whistles no anti locking brakes"

"A good hauler and clean"

2003 Suburban Z71

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "lots of room, great pick up, high quality"

Cons: "steering wheel not in center of driver"

"Love this vehicle. Great family hauler. Z71 has a harder ride than the other versions. Next time I would get the cushioned suspension. Also I thought it was odd that the steering wheel is not in the center of the driver. Driver sits to the left of the steering column. Went from an Expedition to the Suburban for the room. Have three children."

Dependable auto for families with safety in mind.

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Large, Safe"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Performing the routine maintance over the years proved it to be a dependable safe auto for the family. Outside of routine maintenance we had a fuel pump go out. Overall a good family auto."

Worst vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, room, power."

Cons: "Just way too much maintenance."

"The good news is it's never left us stranded anywhere. The bad news is it needs $700 worth of repairs on a quarterly basis. Pretty sure the on-star system is GM's way of uploading problems to the vehicle. I'm amazed the check engine light bulb hasn't burned out yet. But it is comfortable, plenty of power, can haul a ton of people with all the outdoor gear you need."

The best vehicle that I have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Great design, performance, comfort &reliability."

Cons: "Gas mileage is only 14 mpg"

"I highly recommend the Chevrolet Suburban for anyone who needs an full sized SUV. Everything about this vehicle has been perfect starting with its design and including everything in between to performance and reliability. It's shameful to see what the value service are offering for my truck's value. A mere 10% of what I paid new eleven years and 200,000 ago, but that's okay with me, because this vehicle is worth so much more than that and I will probably keep it til my days here are gone. It's that good! Congratulations Chevy for figuring it out."

I love my truck

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"I bought this truck in 03 with 25,000 miles and I have never regretted my purchase. It has been an extremely reliable vehicle. I have over 175,000 miles with a $600 repair in 05 otherwise its just normal maintenance. The interior is roomy and comfortable and seats 8 with plenty of leg and headroom for all. Ok, so the gas mileage isn’t that great, 14MPG but I have a heavy foot. The power is there when you need it and it drives like a Cadillac. I wouldn’t change a thing."

An amazing vehicle

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "excellent vehicle mechanically"

Cons: "leather wears out over the years"

"Our truck will turn 11 years old this coming year and we are so thankful that we purchased it used 9 years ago. It has been an amazing family/ work truck over the years with little mechanical or other issues. Keep the oil changed and regular yearly maintenance and you will have an amazing vehicle that holds its' value well!"

great vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

"well spent money.best vehicle i ever owned."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Suburban 1500 near Honolulu. See local deals