2006 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

Based on 691 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

great car for active lifestyle at shore, mountains

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "big, heavy, safe, lots of inside room"

"holds lots of toys (kayaks, skis, dogs, surf boards, etc. great in snow; big and safe"

Still Rolling Along

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "Very Drivable, handles well,"

Cons: "Going to the gas pump and body rust"

"I purchased my 2002 Suburban LT as a leftover the dealers wife was driving with 5500 miles on it. I was going to get the base model, but salesman told me to take it for a test drive and my wife loved the heated seats. It was only a $1000 more, had many extras and still had 0% financing . I have driven the car now for over 13 years, and I do quite a bit of driving. The truck currently has 263,000 miles on it, and still runs great. It was a great vehicle while my kids were involved in travel sports (ice hockey, cheerleading and one still playing travel baseball). The only major problems have been with the fuel pump twice. It went bad at 30,000 miles, but was under warranty. It when again at a little over 100,000 miles and cost about $1000 to fix. Other than that, it has been routine maintenance… brakes, tires and water pump. For the most part, it has started every day I have had it other than the fuel pump issues. I still drive it daily. Over last few year, it has begun to leak oil (quart every 2000 miles), the driver's quarter is rusting and the paint is bubbling in a few spots, the front window motors do not work, and I have to put the fuse in and out the few times a year I need 4 wheel drive. I dad on my son's travel baseball team just had to junk his 2002 Suburban at over 350,000 miles. At this point, I drive with the title in the car just incase it should die. I will sign it over to the tow truck drive on the spot. My wife would like it gone due to the oil leak, but it's part of the family. I do not plan to put any major money back into it, but plan to drive it until it dies. It has been a great car if you don't think about the $46,000 in gas I have spent while driving this vehicle. I would love to get another, but will most likely not because of the sticker price and the cost of gas today. I will definitely miss it when it does go, but kids are older and it did far more than I ever expected from this vehicle."

awesome

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "nice . Very comfortable"

"love my suburban purchase 2006 has been garaged and very we'll taken care of'"

A real Disappointment

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Roomy & great handling"

Cons: "Horrific repair record"

"We bought the car new because we needed a large vehicle for long family trips. I love the way it drives and handles. It's roomy and comfortable and we can haul a ton of whatever we want. But it's reliability is horrible. It has not been used everyday at any time, only for long trips and local use when needing its capacity. Less than 8,000 mi per year. As soon as the extended warranty expired at 60 k miles, it began to break down. And note it has been maintained as per Chevy owners manual by the dealer to this day. First it was the front air bag sensor at $700, then the speedometer cluster at $600, then the windshield washer / wiper at $300. All things that should not be failing at 70k miles after 8 years of little use. I love the car but will not spend my hard earned money on another one. Next big family car will be a Toyota Sequoia. Sorry USA MADE, but you failed."

"The mpg is good. In Very Good Condition

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, adaptable and safe."

Cons: "Other than fuel economy, none."

"This vehicle has been a joy to own. It's been most convenient in a wide variety or ways. It hauls the entire family comfortably on outings and vacations. With the 3rd seat removed and the center seats folded down.Love It Because Its Lifted."

Very reliable tough truck!

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Great performance and Very comfortable!"

Cons: "Passes everything but a gas station"

"I'm very pleased with this truck. If you got something to haul weather it would be people or a camper this is it. I just don't like the gas mileage while driving around empty, i would think this could be improved upon. I do have the K&N filter system and that helps a little but this is a thirsty truck."

one owner

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "great family truck"

Cons: "gas"

"good truck"

Love it!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

"We have owned this suburban for 2 years now and we absolutely love it. There is so much room in the back for storage. The seats in all three rows are very comfy and similar to the front ones. We haven't had one mechanical issue with it though we have had minor electrical issues but I think that is to be expected out of a 8 yr old vehicle. It rides very smooth and we readily use the luggage rack on top for strapping all sort of things down from kayaks to boards. I am not sure how it would pull a trailer as we have a truck for those jobs."

I love my Suburban very much!!!

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "It is still a beauthful vehicle."

Cons: "We have bad Streets and it drives like a truck"

"It burns no oil and still gets over 17 miles to the gallon, I drive 35 min each way to work and back and I love this car/truck."

This was my dream car and I have loved it.

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Best vacation car ever!"

Cons: "Poor gas milesage"

"Perfect family car, lots of room for everything!! Upgrades are awesome. Really bad gas mileage but what can you expect with a large family size car, 4WD, off road tires. I am very happy with this Suburban and would buy another one if I had the opportunity."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Suburban 1500 near Honolulu. See local deals