2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

Based on 733 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

BEST VEHICLE ON THE ROAD

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"WE GOT THE TRUCK WITH 138000 MILES USED 1 OWNER NO MAJOR REPAIRS NEEDED VERY LITTLE WARRENTY WORK DONE , NO ENGINE OR TRANS WORK HAS EVER BEEN DUE OTHER THAN TRANS SERVICES AND ENGINE OIL AND FILTER , HAD TO PUT A FUEL PUMP IN AT 148125 MILE BUT DEALER INSTALLED FOR FREE DUE TO RECALL RELATED WE DRIVE THE TRUCK EVERY DAY AND TAKE 3 TRIPS A YEAR OVER 2000 MILES PER TRIP , I HAVE NO FEAR THIS TRUCK WILL RUN UNTIL WE HIT 300,000 MILES MY WIFE LVES THIS TRUCK AND DRIVE IT EVER DAY TO WORK OVER 50MILES ROUND TRIP THEN WE HAV SPORTS FOR THE KIDS AT NIGHT . **I RECOMMEND TO ANY PERSON WHO IS LOOKING FOR A GOOD SUV/TRUCK BUY THIS STYL VEHICLE** PS. THE LAST TRIP WE TOOK WAS ON 9/7/07 TO DISNEY WORLD AND OVER 2100MILES TRAVELED WE GOT AN AVERAGE 17.21 MPG ON GAS REGULAR 87 OCT. IT NORMALY GETS AN AVG 14.4-16.6 AROUND TOWN DRIVING GREAT GAS MILAGE"

A GREAT and Reliable Family Vehicle

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "Reliable and dependable."

Cons: "I have no complaints about this vehicle."

"We bought our 2002 Chevy Suburban at the end od 2001. Since then, we have put 177,000 enjoyable miles on this vehicle. In addition to daily driving, we have taken it on many family vacation trips. The only mechanical problem that we have had is the water pump went out around 130,000 miles. It began to develop a slight leak on the way home from a famliy vacation. However, it did not leave us stranded. We made it home and then to the dealership for repair. Also, I did not have to replace front or back brakes until 175,000 miles. The vehicle still runs like it did the day we bought it, does not burn any oil, and we will be taking it on a 1,200 mile vacation in July. I have no doubt that it will perform flawlessly, like it has since we bought it. I highly recommend this vehicle and would rank it #1 in the 10 or so vehicles that I have owned over the past 20 years."

Best Vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"I own a 2002 model Suburban with 169,000 miles. Still love the vehicle. No problems with vehicle other than fuel pump replacement recently... Have enjoyed this vehicle, great for vacations plenty of room and the ride is awesome. We have hauled our 26 foot camper with no problems.. Also was in accident hit on drivers side by truck.. No injury.Vehicle protects you very well.. Feel very safe in Suburban. This vehicle continues to be very reliable."

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

"bought it new and got a great deal on it. they even threw in a 12 inch Tv and DVD player. Has been a very trouble free vehicle. It definitely is a thirsty beast as it pounds down the gas.I have 4 kids and a big Mastiff and we are more than comfortable in this big rig. If you need the room and a mini van just won't cut the mustard this is the vehicle for you.The best vacation hauler there is shy of an RV."

Small issues, still great

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Smooth, easy ride; roomy whether travel or hauling"

Cons: "Certain troublesome issues keep it from perfection"

"I'll just start by saying it flat out: I love this truck. They say there are two seasons here in Wisconsin- winter and construction, and this truck is reliable through both. Traveling with layers of 8 foot sheetrock through the rain was a non-issue. Hauling my wife and kids to the store for major grocery shopping (we have the Z71 with a built in DVD player) was as comfortable as taking them and my parents and sister across the border to Chicago to see my brother. Leather seats, tons of room, not quite as bad on the gas mileage as one would think... who could ask for anything else? Well, like any great love, there are a few bones that need picking. First is the passenger side window motor. On my second year owning the vehicle, during the winter I might add, the window motor went on strike and hasn't worked properly since, an issue that I hear is common. The next year my rear AC unit blew, something the dealership told me wasn't covered in my additional "bumper to bumper" warranty, but then informed me after the fact that it was also common for that to happen in this truck. And last but most certainly not least, last year I found my brakes to be grinding something wicked. I switched the half-worn pads, checked the rotors, but couldn't find the issue. Finally, a call to the dealership informed me that another common issue with this truck was rust over the ABS sensor; right when I told the lady my brake grinding issue, she knew what the problem was. Again, uncovered by the additional "bumper to bumper", I decided to remove the sensor. The ABS light popped on, but it keeps my brakes from sounding like a dying donkey caught on a bench grinder. My brake pedal stopped vibrating, so it was an easy, temporary 'fix'. These things aside, my Suburban is a smooth, comfortable, good-looking ride. So far, no major mechanical problems; just change the oil and it'll be good for a long, long time."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Suburban 1500 near Honolulu. See local deals