2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

Based on 738 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

BEST VEHICLE ON THE ROAD

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"WE GOT THE TRUCK WITH 138000 MILES USED 1 OWNER NO MAJOR REPAIRS NEEDED VERY LITTLE WARRENTY WORK DONE , NO ENGINE OR TRANS WORK HAS EVER BEEN DUE OTHER THAN TRANS SERVICES AND ENGINE OIL AND FILTER , HAD TO PUT A FUEL PUMP IN AT 148125 MILE BUT DEALER INSTALLED FOR FREE DUE TO RECALL RELATED WE DRIVE THE TRUCK EVERY DAY AND TAKE 3 TRIPS A YEAR OVER 2000 MILES PER TRIP , I HAVE NO FEAR THIS TRUCK WILL RUN UNTIL WE HIT 300,000 MILES MY WIFE LVES THIS TRUCK AND DRIVE IT EVER DAY TO WORK OVER 50MILES ROUND TRIP THEN WE HAV SPORTS FOR THE KIDS AT NIGHT . **I RECOMMEND TO ANY PERSON WHO IS LOOKING FOR A GOOD SUV/TRUCK BUY THIS STYL VEHICLE** PS. THE LAST TRIP WE TOOK WAS ON 9/7/07 TO DISNEY WORLD AND OVER 2100MILES TRAVELED WE GOT AN AVERAGE 17.21 MPG ON GAS REGULAR 87 OCT. IT NORMALY GETS AN AVG 14.4-16.6 AROUND TOWN DRIVING GREAT GAS MILAGE"

Very good vehicle.

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Spacious, privacy glass"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Drives well and pulls a medium size boat well. The center row of seats split 60/40 to lay flat and the rear seat easily removes. Able to load 4x8 sheets of material just like a truck while keeping it covered from the elements."

Best Vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"I own a 2002 model Suburban with 169,000 miles. Still love the vehicle. No problems with vehicle other than fuel pump replacement recently... Have enjoyed this vehicle, great for vacations plenty of room and the ride is awesome. We have hauled our 26 foot camper with no problems.. Also was in accident hit on drivers side by truck.. No injury.Vehicle protects you very well.. Feel very safe in Suburban. This vehicle continues to be very reliable."

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

"bought it new and got a great deal on it. they even threw in a 12 inch Tv and DVD player. Has been a very trouble free vehicle. It definitely is a thirsty beast as it pounds down the gas.I have 4 kids and a big Mastiff and we are more than comfortable in this big rig. If you need the room and a mini van just won't cut the mustard this is the vehicle for you.The best vacation hauler there is shy of an RV."

Small issues, still great

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Smooth, easy ride; roomy whether travel or hauling"

Cons: "Certain troublesome issues keep it from perfection"

"I'll just start by saying it flat out: I love this truck. They say there are two seasons here in Wisconsin- winter and construction, and this truck is reliable through both. Traveling with layers of 8 foot sheetrock through the rain was a non-issue. Hauling my wife and kids to the store for major grocery shopping (we have the Z71 with a built in DVD player) was as comfortable as taking them and my parents and sister across the border to Chicago to see my brother. Leather seats, tons of room, not quite as bad on the gas mileage as one would think... who could ask for anything else? Well, like any great love, there are a few bones that need picking. First is the passenger side window motor. On my second year owning the vehicle, during the winter I might add, the window motor went on strike and hasn't worked properly since, an issue that I hear is common. The next year my rear AC unit blew, something the dealership told me wasn't covered in my additional "bumper to bumper" warranty, but then informed me after the fact that it was also common for that to happen in this truck. And last but most certainly not least, last year I found my brakes to be grinding something wicked. I switched the half-worn pads, checked the rotors, but couldn't find the issue. Finally, a call to the dealership informed me that another common issue with this truck was rust over the ABS sensor; right when I told the lady my brake grinding issue, she knew what the problem was. Again, uncovered by the additional "bumper to bumper", I decided to remove the sensor. The ABS light popped on, but it keeps my brakes from sounding like a dying donkey caught on a bench grinder. My brake pedal stopped vibrating, so it was an easy, temporary 'fix'. These things aside, my Suburban is a smooth, comfortable, good-looking ride. So far, no major mechanical problems; just change the oil and it'll be good for a long, long time."

Perfect for me

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "still dependable after 13 years"

Cons: "in-town MPG low"

"I bought this vehicle new. It has hauled boxes for workshops, car parts, materials for 3 volunteer organizations, and suitcases for vacations ever since. The last long trip I made was from Texas to Indiana 2 years ago, and there were no problems whatsoever. Fuel mileage is low in all-town driving (about 13-14 MPG), but I can get 19 MPG on all highway driving. It is comfortable to drive and as a passenger, even in the back seats. Lots of storage room."

I love my truck

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"I bought this truck in 03 with 25,000 miles and I have never regretted my purchase. It has been an extremely reliable vehicle. I have over 175,000 miles with a $600 repair in 05 otherwise its just normal maintenance. The interior is roomy and comfortable and seats 8 with plenty of leg and headroom for all. Ok, so the gas mileage isn’t that great, 14MPG but I have a heavy foot. The power is there when you need it and it drives like a Cadillac. I wouldn’t change a thing."

My wife will not let me sell this car

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, easy to drive."

Cons: "Not great on gas mileage."

"Overall this car has been pretty much trouble free and a nice vehicle to drive. My wife will not let me sell or trade it, even though I got her an Acura. It has been her favorite car of all time."

Since 1985

By on Sunday, December 02, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, reliability, style, appearance, etc, etc."

Cons: "Gas mileage can be rough!"

"I have owned Chevrolet SUV's since 1985. Two full-size Blazers, Two Tahoes and Three Suburbans. This 2003 is by far the best. It has 140k miles, I have replaced the obvious brakes and tires but other than that only one alternator and one water pump....top that Japan! I still get compliments on this vehicle after 10 years. I'd be shocked if I ever own a better vehicle and even more shocked if any company can build a better one!"

Love, love, love my Suburban!

By on Saturday, October 01, 2011

Pros: "Kid friendly, momma friendly, animal friendly!!!"

Cons: "No cons!"

"I haul three kids and their friends all over the place. Family trips add 3 dogs to the mix. Don't know how we would survive without our 'burb!! We will continue to have a Suburban for a long time!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Suburban 1500 near Honolulu. See local deals