1999 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

Based on 441 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

Very versatile

By on Thursday, February 26, 2009

"This trucks are great, they are very reliable, very comfortable, and super versatile. Think of it as a crew cab Pick Up with a camper. You can carry 8 adults in great comfort plus everybody's stuff, or take out the third row seat ( carefully as it is heavy ) and you can fit 4X8 plywood sheets, 2X4's, etc, even in the rain without getting wet. You can also tow a lot ( up to 7000 lbs ) with ease. And with it's big windows, it has great visibility and almost no blind spots. I definitely would recommend this trucks to any one."

Still a great car

By on Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pros: "Great family car. Or multi pet family :)"

Cons: "Parking is a problem if you can't drive a big car."

"I purchased this SUV used from a customer of mine. I love it still. People are amazed that I still get 18 mpg from a big boat like this. Maintenance has not been crazy, nothing major has gone wrong (knock wood) haha. Plenty of room, actually too much room now. Great turning base for a big car. Everything still works in it, like air (all 3), heat, seats, etc...."

One of the Best Vehicles owned to date

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Repairable, Comfortable, and Paid For..."

Cons: "Doesn't get 35 MPG, Doesn't have Cruise..."

It has Class.

"It just wants to go, mileage is 18+ and sometimes better on the road, less in higher elevations, comfortable, a few design flaws but overall the most reliable vehicle since my 1975 Suburban, tires were/are too small. Yet, a better ride than the 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer preceding it. The Suburban needs better seats, more attention to the little things, screws that fall out, foreign components shoddy in their manufacture to begin with. It Still Looks Good, Rides Great, is in Good Mechanical Condition and gets me there. That's as good as it gets... What hurts is that we know, they could do better."

It has Class.

Very Dependable

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "will tow 10,000lbs carry 9 adults comfortably"

Cons: "13 mph city"

"I bought mine 7yrs. ago two sets of tires one battery, and usual maintaning in all the years I,ve owned it. Yea the mileage is not high in the city 13mpg but highway 18.5 at 65mph with 42 gal. in tow 600 miles per tank. not too many stops for fuel. I expect to get 300,000 out of the original motor.gotta love the tried and true Chevy small block."

Great People Hauler

By on Monday, November 29, 2010

"I love this truck!! I upgraded my 1989 GMC Suburban to a 1999 Chevy Suburban and what a difference! It is so quiet and smooth, and gets twice the gas mileage as the old one. We just took it on a long trip, and if you can believe it, averaged 24mpg. I love the power of the Vortec 5.7L, and it is more than enough to pull my boat or enclosed trailer. People have said the interior is cheap, but I like it, and it feels much more put-together than a lot of other vehicles out there. Lots of nooks and crannys to stuff things in on a trip, and almost too many cup holders. My kids love the 3rd seat, and the rear AC and heat controls. We will be keeping this for a LONG time!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Suburban 1500 near Honolulu. See local deals