1998 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

Based on 440 Ratings for the 1988 - 1999 models.

Very Dependable

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "will tow 10,000lbs carry 9 adults comfortably"

Cons: "13 mph city"

"I bought mine 7yrs. ago two sets of tires one battery, and usual maintaning in all the years I,ve owned it. Yea the mileage is not high in the city 13mpg but highway 18.5 at 65mph with 42 gal. in tow 600 miles per tank. not too many stops for fuel. I expect to get 300,000 out of the original motor.gotta love the tried and true Chevy small block."

Great People Hauler

By on Monday, November 29, 2010

"I love this truck!! I upgraded my 1989 GMC Suburban to a 1999 Chevy Suburban and what a difference! It is so quiet and smooth, and gets twice the gas mileage as the old one. We just took it on a long trip, and if you can believe it, averaged 24mpg. I love the power of the Vortec 5.7L, and it is more than enough to pull my boat or enclosed trailer. People have said the interior is cheap, but I like it, and it feels much more put-together than a lot of other vehicles out there. Lots of nooks and crannys to stuff things in on a trip, and almost too many cup holders. My kids love the 3rd seat, and the rear AC and heat controls. We will be keeping this for a LONG time!"

Keep it simple

By on Thursday, December 31, 2009

"We have a 2wd 2500. Wanted a base model, but you can't find them unless you buy a fleet vehicle. Found a lightly used contractor's vehilcle. Vinyl floors & cloth seats, but power windows & locks. The engine & trans have been very reliable. It's a nice, strong tow vehicle. The only real complaint I have is that the power equipment (which I didn't really want anyway) has given us trouble since it was 5 years old. The power locks don't work on 2 of the doors & have had to repair 3 of the windows (1 has stuck twice). This is a great utility truck & has tons of kids, cargo and dog room. We do love it, just wish the 'no frills' trim levels were easier to find."

super truck

By on Friday, November 27, 2009

"I recently came across a '94 with some minor problems(minor radiator leak & tune up) for what i call dirt cheap. The owner(s)failed on basic mechanics and i won the prize! I will take the 10-13mpg in trade for the room, leather ,rear air, 4x4, and all the other neat toys this beast has. My wife and kids are happy for the room that all the minivans lack, and I just love this truck. I have been fed up with squeazing into a minivan for the past 10 yrs, and actually found a vehicle with true room for 8. I plan on keeping this till i can find a way to be buried in it years to come."

nice suburban

By on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"I really love this truck, i take it off road and it goes to home depot and a 4X8 piece of sheet rock fits in the back AND the doors close. The brakes are pretty pitiful for a truck this size but just put some powerstop cross drilled rotors on the front and it makes a big difference."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Suburban 1500 near Honolulu. See local deals