1994 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

Based on 426 Ratings for the 1988 - 1999 models.

Poor quality vehicle like most Chevys these days

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Big and spacious"

Cons: "Poor quality"

"Have had nothing but transmission problems now carb problems. Will never buy another Chevy product ever!!!"

like the last guy, 392,000 and love it

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "wont die"

Cons: "wont die"

"Live in NYC...this is a great vehicle. Purchased in 2001 with 26K Trans rebuilt at 330K Motor runs great, just replaced the Catalytic Converters Transfer Case works great New Michelins Barn Doors UsesOne quart of oil every 2000miles 3rd fuel pump 2nd altenator Many brake relinings, lol. had a minor accident in october, will be replacing front bumper after winter with new one with fog lights. got my money's worth out of my baby! NYC, the northeast, north carolina, if the motor dies im going with a 383. its paid for so why send it to the junkyard. i want to take her cross country one day. the bronx to santa monica and back!"

You are unlimited with this vehicle.

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Unlimited and safe."

Cons: "Fuel economy wasn't as good as posted by GM."

"I ordered this vehicle from the factory as optioned when you could still get a diesel motor, which makes this vehicle a rarity. I met one owner who had one as a 1/2 ton with a diesel and loved it, and talked to several others who had the same, and they said they would get another, without question. They said their vehicle got better mileage than the gas alternative in all conditions and I have found that to be true. They said they were getting ~19 mpg. By the time I got mine, you had to get a 3/4 ton. The best I got was 17 mpg freeway. In 1999, diesel was $1.29/G, and much less than gas, so now it really costs a lot to fill up a 42G tank! I ordered the towing package as well as an additional transmission cooler because I wanted the option of pulling a trailer. The only things I wish I had are heated seats and a block heater, although I took the car to MN in the winter and never had trouble starting it, but I live in CA, so it's not an issue. I put shearling seat covers over the leather and I am good. Problems/Issues: It seemed to me that Chevy didn't engineer the brakes to factor in the extra weight of the motor, so I have had one brake job that was botched twice, but Chevrolet stood behind it all until it was right, even out of warranty. It came with factory Firestone tires, and one lost it's tread on the freeway and dented the wheelwell. Before I could pursue a factory replacement, my husband got a new set of BF Goodrichs. That, once with gelled fuel, and once getting dirty fuel on a cross country trip, the only other issues with this car has been batteries. You need the heavy duty batteries and you need two of them, so it's a big deal when you need to replace. In the 14 years I have had this car, I have had to do that 4 times. My Suburban is safe, comfortable, and big enough to handle any activity I do except speed racing, which you give up with a car like this because you have grown up and matured. It's a big car and I have changed the way I drive because of it. Driving is something you plan, you look for parking away from others, and you learn to use your mirrors. Fortunately, the vehicle drives like a car, but it's the size of a truck, so it takes getting used to. On the other hand, I have driven in snow over 1' deep and have never thought about chaining up. (That is probably due to it's weight of ~9K lbs.) I got the 3rd seat, but don't use it much but I am grateful for the heat and a/c in the rear to help manage the comfort in the large space. I could even get a sheet of plywood in the back if necessary. I think that I will be keeping the car for a very long time. I love my Suburban!"

Old Whitey!!! He's still laying down the miles!!

By on Saturday, December 07, 2013

Pros: "Dependability & smooth ride!!!"

Cons: "None for me, but MPG would be for most."

"Old Whitey is w/o a doubt the best vehicle I've ever owned!! Recently, Old Whitey and I clicked off another hundred grand for the fourth time, see attached photo! Today (December 7th 2013) Old Whitey rolled over 403,000.00 miles. It has all original running gear. Over the years my boy and I have provided general maintenance. Every 2500 miles we change oil with Rotella 15W40 and AC1218 filter. It's driven with a light foot, but once weekly Old Whitey and I push the pedal down and clean out any cobs that might have been building up. Recently, on a trip Old Whitey pulled off 16.25 mpg – The best we’ve ever got. Overall, I wouldn't trade Old Whitey for a brand new rig, not in a million years!"

Had this Suburban for 18 years great car.

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Can carry 9 plus all baggage"

Cons: "Gas mileage is about 13 average."

"It has been a great car. I've had it for 18 years with very little trouble. Original engine runs good and does not burn oil. Hauled my large family while pulling a camp trailer on many trips and is able to carry all our bags behind the third row seat. Mileage is just as advertised about 13 overall. 40 gallon gas tank is a real plus."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Suburban 1500 near Honolulu. See local deals