2014 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $11,879 - $12,222.

8.4

Based on 120 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Great Car, But.......

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "Full featured, Great price"

Cons: "Absolutely worthless A/C"

"I've got the 2LT, and I really love this little car, for my purposes, it handles well, it is comfortable, and it is full featured. It is not a racing car, but it does what it needs to, it is advertised as a city car, and that's what it is. The mylink radio, fog lights, automatic trans, heated seats, full power, etc.,etc., all wrapped in a 4 dr. sedan, for just a touch over 17K, is a great deal. But, the a/c is awful, the air stream from the dash vents blow constantly changing temps, from cool to warm, and back again. This is a widespread problem, affecting almost all Sparks, and GM is aware of it. A bulletin was published acknowledging this problem, with the promise of a fix, but nothing has come of it. They have been replacing compressors, with no results. As much as I like this car, I really couldn't recommend it, until the a/c problem is resolved. So until that happens, I would avoid it."

Fun car and a good value!

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Price and fun to drive"

Cons: "None. Great car for the money."

"2013 SL2, Denim Blue, 5 speed manual This is a great little car. 35 miles to the gallon average. I would definitely recommend at least the SL1, so that there are enough bells and whistles on the inside to keep you comfy. This is the first car that I said I want everything I can get on it! The manual transmissions are rare. So much more fun than the automatic."

Love my little Spark

By on Sunday, August 30, 2015

Pros: "size, gas mileage, radio"

Cons: "not sure"

"I live in upstate NY with snow over my head in the winter and my little spark gets me right to where I want to go. Just yesterday went to an event where the parking close by wss $40, I saw the tiniest space half a block away no one could fit in it. I got my spark in it and had room to spare. My friends say "you won't fit that in your car" I say watch me. I get my tools ladders, my bike no problem. I call it my little truck. Plus I have 3 large dogs that go all over with me everyone has their spot. I researched this car for awhile and finally went and got it. I know they say there is road noise but honestly I am never bothered, and I just drove 600 miles last weekend on busy highways and I pass other cars no problem. I had a guy at the gym ask me about it and a week later he comes in and tell me he bought the exact same car color and all!! and he Loves it too. I picked up my new car Jan 24,2014 it started snowing on my way home and didn't stop so my new car was clean that winter for about an hour."

Large space, Great MPG, poor speakers and A/C

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Price, MPG, Size, Comfort, handeling, mylink"

Cons: "A/C, Soft plastic, lots of plastic, stock speaks"

Plasti Dipped my wheels.

"This is a great little car That feels and handles like a larger vehicle. I'm a big guy at 250 and I have plenty of room up front and in back with out moving my seat! The speakers that came with the car (4 not 6 chevy shame on you) are utter rubbish, However replacing them was a breeze. The A/C only blows cool at idle witch makes it a hot city trip with heavy traffic. This little car loves to rev and has plenty of git up and go. The plastics on the car are all very soft and just running your nail across them will forever leave a mark. I advise when you go and trade in or sell the car at a later date to just buff them out."

Plasti Dipped my wheels.

JUST BOUGHT THIS CAR AND WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED

By on Friday, September 07, 2012

"THIS CAR RIDES AND HANDLES BETTER THAN ALOT OF THE $35.000 CARS THAT I HAVE OWNED I RECOMMEND THIS CAR"

Buy with caution, Check the A/C !!

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, features dependent on build dates"

Cons: "Non existent Air Conditioning"

"I bought one of these Sparks last winter, and my initial opinion of the car was that it was a good value. The car is constantly being reinvented. Be careful of the build date of the car. If the car was built before 11/12, the steering wheels don't light the control buttons, and they still are on the lots being sold. Auto lights have been added for 2014, 2013 models don't have them, making for a dangerous situation, as the daytime running lights lead you to believe the main lighting is on after dark, and they are still on the lots, being sold. The air conditioning is non existent, it just plainly doesn't work, and GM does not know how to fix it. So this car needs some fine tuning. The good part is the MPG's, the leg and headroom, it handles nicely, and it has adequate power. It is what it is, an entry level car, at a low price, that still needs some polishing."

Great Commuter Car

By on Sunday, June 07, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, inexpensive, easy to park anywhere"

Cons: "Sluggish until get up to speed"

"We have owned our car for 2 1/2 years. I commute to work with this car every day and have found the Spark fun and easy to drive. It is great to have when looking for a parking spot in DC or when I park in a parking garage. The only downside is the lack of power, but once I get up to speed it isn't an issue. Surprised to find I can go 75 mph and it doesn't shake. For a second car it has exceeded our expectations."

Great value for the money on a new car

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Price, value, gas mileage , easy to drive."

Cons: "no power door locks on the LS, but did you?"

"Bought a demo 2014 Spark for our daughters first car, got the car with 4200 miles on it ,but was never titled and was in the Chevy Showroom. Got the car for 10, 500. We put a little down payment and made it affordable for her to make car payments and learn what life is really about to own a car. With a 3 year, 30,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and free maintenance for 2 years, getting a new car she can take to any Chevy Dealership it was a no brainer. Perfect first car for a teen in school and going to collage. So far so good with no complaints.She Uses 89 octane to get over 40 MPG on the HWY."

Nice car for city, but....

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, convient, lots of storage."

Cons: "Long distance bad, shakes over 65 mph"

"While I have ben driving this car for almost a year, I now wish I had chosen a better vehicle. It's great in warm weather, flat surfaces, low speeds, and no wind. But I live in rural MN where weather is a significant daily life. Winters are harsh, winds are strong, and the Spark has much to be desired in adverse conditions."

Great Value and Fun

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "Value, Mileage, design, fun to drive"

Cons: "Road noise, very basic seats"

"I have just purchased a manual 2014 LT. So far, I really love it....hopefully I'll follow up here in a month or two. I love the feel of the clutch and gear shift. Overall it feels very responsive to drive, brakes nicely, etc. The car has lots of great little touches, for a base model of a very basic car, such as the light sensor, and the cool looking and useful dashboard information, all the cupholders and other nicely designed storage space. I've tested out the A/C and it seems to work fine. As to be expected, you do feel and hear a lot of road noise, especially feel speed bumps. It's very noisy in the back seat, but the back seat is not as uncomfortable as I expected in such a small car. This is turning out to have been a great choice for my daily commute...I suspect the downside might be a long trip...I'll be trying that out in a few weeks."