2014 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $12,206 - $12,451.

Based on 95 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Fun drive, great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pros: "Great price, great gas mileage, handles well, fun"

Cons: "AC not great sitting still, small side mirrors,"

"I bought my Spark about 6months ago. I absolutely love it. Fun to drive, handles great, and i have gotten tons of compliments on it. For a small car, it is roomy in the front seats. Back seats are somewhat small, but I have had four adults in for short drives several times with no problems at all. Just drove , one way, 400 miles to go on vacation with one person in back seat and she said it was more comfortable than the back seat of another larger vehicle that she had recently been in. I would definitely purchase again. I have seen reviews saying it has no acceleration, but again, for a small car I think it does great. Cargo space is plenty big for groceries and errands, but does not hold a lot of luggage. However, back seats do fold flat and you can fold both sides or just one. The AC does not blow very cold if sitting still in traffic. That has been my biggest complaint so far. Since I don't live in a area where I am in traffic to and from work, that has not been a big issue."

Great price! Great Room! Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Bluetooth Great head room Mileage Hillstart assist"

Cons: "Little noise on freeway. AC at 85 deg struggles"

"I recently bought the Spark after researching all the tiny cars out there. I was amazed that the Spark came standard with AC, power windows, and power door locks. I got the 1LT trim, manual transmission. It's fun to drive. The shifting is so smooth. It keeps up with traffic and I can fit in the Bike Lane. I live in San Diego and recently drove it to Santa Barbara. Using Stick Shift, Neutral a lot, and cruise control at 66 MPH I was able to get OVER 42 MPG! It's an eye catcher. I would definitely recommend this car with Manual Transmission and at least the 1LT trim (also because dealers are more willing to give you discounts with manual transmission). Bluetooth works great, and I can actually fit four people in it, comfortably. When you see all these average size adults comfortably getting out you'd think you were looking at the old clown car clip. I'm 6 feet tall and I don't have to put the seat all the way back, which is great for the 5 foot 7 person sitting behind me."

be ready for no AC on this car

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

I don't own this car

"I do not highly recommend this car what it brought my attention from this car was the price and save on gas, the average on gas combined is 34 mpg which is not the best compared with ecobost technology and the prices after you paid all the dealer fee you finaled paid 19.000 dollars which is not sheap.but my big frustration was the AC ,is using a gas that cause major trouble to the engineering of the motor and the AC, carefulness with this I heard that there is a lot off car with this problem already reported"

Cons: "Ride, seat comfort, cargo space, dings easy."

"While this car is great on gas, we are getting over the EPA rating's as much as 45 on the highway! This car I would not recommend to older driver's its ride to very harsh all all but smooth roads. Take a long test drive before you buy. I did not. Its very under powered, so getting on freeway's is not easy. quality is there for the money. body dents very easy and paint chips easy too. Mine is black. It drive like a go cart, which could be fun for some. Parking is as easy as it gets. I will be looking for a new car soon and taking a BIG loss as resale is very poor. Radio in mine has no CD to which makes no since yet. also little to no cargo room. Auto trans shifts well."

A very nice surprise!

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Looks, roomy interior feel, 2LT package."

Cons: "A/C power"

"My wife and I got this car, and we are very please with it since day 1. We got the 2LT -Manual transmission and the car is yielding 36.7mpg so far on mix driving conditions with full time a/c. We loved the look, the confortable interior and the roomy space despite been so tiny in dimensions. No problem whatsoever loading it from Costco and running our daily errands. The car handles very well in the city, mountains, and highway, and the cruise control is a blessing. We got the navigation app -Bringo- and so far its been of great help. It is true, that there is no much horsepower, but there is plenty of good driving dynamics to make up for it -just learn how to shift and move on. My wife learn to drive manual on it a couple of days after we got it. A very nice surprise when you look at the overall value and the smile it brings when you look at it."

Fun, Economical Little Car to Drive - Love It!

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "GREAT gas mileage, Zippy Tranny, Smooth Steering"

Cons: "No keyless entry, back seats don't fold flat"

"I just bought my Spark a few weeks ago and I have to say I absolutely love it. I drive apx 40 miles each way to work, 5 days a week, so I spend a fair amount of time in my car. I got the 5 speed LS model and I am AVERAGING 40.4 miles per gallon!! I am NOT shifting like an old lady, I run 65 & 70 on sections of my route to work, and I don't use premium gasoline, just regular unleaded. I am so pleased with this little car's performance. The ONLY thing I can think of that kept me from giving it a 10 out of 10 for everything is that I REALLY wish they had included keyless entry in this model and I wish the back seat would fold down FLAT (the seat belts are in the way and not moveable) I have already hauled 6 foot sections of 2x8's and 8 bags of soil to build a flower bed and it fit with no problem. People keep confusing it for a 2 door or a Smart Car and I love telling them "NO, Actually its a CHEVY" ! Having the time of my life with this little car.... Thanks Chevrolet!"

Excellent value

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

Pros: "value for price, gas mileage, easy to maneuver,"

Cons: "??"

"We have had our eye on a Spark ever since renting one up in Oregon and getting 44 MPG driving around town and some highway (in an automatic!). We did not expect to purchase until later this year, however, we found a deal we could not refuse @ $3000 off retail. We bought a 5-speed LS for about $10,850 out the door including tax & license. It has been just over a month and we have traveled all over the state to LA, through Yosemite, and over to Reno. On our first tank, we averaged 39 MPG and were thrilled. The next tank yielded 42 MPG... the next 47 MPG... and so on. It just keeps getting better and better with the most recent tankful delivering 54 MPG - loaded with three adults and overnight luggage. Sure, the vehicle is not luxury (we went from a Mercedes to this car) but there is plenty of room for a pleasant trip, the base model comes with air conditioning and power windows, the reliability has already been proven in Europe and Asia, and the cost was comparable to a good used car. With the 5-year warranty, it was a no-brainer to go ahead and purchase our Spark. This car will get pushed around on the freeway by strong cross-winds and large trucks. We have countered this trouble by installing air tabs atop the rear spoiler. For running regular errands and shopping, etc., we will go from spending about $25 a week in fuel to about $25 a month. The only thing I miss about my Mercedes is the sunroof."

Disapointed!

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

"I am previous owner of the Cruz 2011. I traded for Spark relying on customer reviews. Spark feels like a rental car. It easy to park but it is difficult for backing caused by passenger's (blind) side. I don't like this car. In my opinion Cruz is 100 times better and also very good on gas."