• 2014 Compact Cars

2014 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $12,453 - $12,654.

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Highly Recommended Vehicle

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

"This has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. The mileage is seemingly more than what has was advertised. We got about 320 miles to a tank and only fill up for $21. The best mileage in a car that I have seen thus far, and it pays for itself (in a monthly payment) in about 3 months in gas savings alone in comparison to other cars. The car hugs the road with ease, and as a newer driver this vehicle is super easy to pick up. I was very impressed with the driving performance overall. I have seen some complaints about "slow" acceleration, but the perceived latency is pretty lost on me. The blind spots are super minimal unlike other cars I have driven like the Kia Rio and Forte. I very much enjoy the free 6 months of Onstar that were offered as well. It is such a luxury, and I am contemplating keeping the program. For the price it just cannot be beaten. This has been a splendid car so far! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone that drives in the city and on highways."

Economical Every Day Driver

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "Value!"

Cons: "Driver Seat Position"

"I am a car aficionado, and can honestly say this thing does everything I have asked it to do. I drive so many miles to work that buying a nicer vehicle was just out of the cost equation. Sure, a BMW 3 series would be a nice daily driver, but that’s not in the cards. Picked this thing up for under $13k, and has given me 36,000 miles of nearly perfect driving. Sure, it’s only 84 hp. But it only weighs 2,269 lbs, and that’s not a terrible power to weight ratio – I’ve passed many cars going up steep hills. The car has a nice mechanical feel to it – suspension feels planted and steering input feels pretty good. Four adults can fit into this car shockingly comfortably considering its size. There is definitely more room than many other cars in the class (Including class leaders like the Honda Fit and Nissan Versa). It may not have the feel of a Fiat 500, but there is infinitely more value here! I’ve slapped a pair of Nokian WR G3 all season tires on here, and it becomes a billy goat in the snow that is ready to handle all of the hills you give it. Between the narrow tires, and low power, this thing is unstoppable in the snow. Pros: • Value! • Efficiency (36 MPG avg) • Shocking amount of interior space • Go-kart driving characteristics • Light weight Cons: • Driver seat does not slide far enough back • Unrefined suspension • Underpowered above 70 MPH • 4 speed auto is a bit clunky"

I wish that I would not have bought this car.

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

Cons: "Underpowered, not made for interstate driving"

"I wish that I would not have bought this car. It is a Lemon. I had a major breakdown at about 2,400 miles. Now I have to "baby" the car and not drive it too rough. It almost does not have the power to pull itself up hills, it is rough to drive on the interstate (the wind blows it around, also passing cars and trucks), I also paid $12,995 too much for it. I should have bought a Toyota or a Ford."

Love this car! It's a blast to drive around town!

By on Monday, December 09, 2013

Pros: "Great price, great fuel mileage and fun to drive!"

Cons: "Wish they had an AWD, traction controls helps"

His name is Brutus!

"I've had this car 7 months now and love driving all around town. I've also driven 2 long 2-3 hour trips so far and this gas sipper comes in quite handy. Love the Smartlink system and how it links my phone with everything!"

His name is Brutus!

Follow up--1200 miles later

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, handling, design and value"

Cons: "Highway merging"

"Got great mileage on a long highway trip--over 42mpg driving 68mph for 6 hours. Did get a little cramped--had to stop and stretch frequently. Still loving this car, the smooth manual shifting, the hill assist and all the other minor details are great. Still very fun to drive, wonderful in tight parking (I'm a city dweller). there's something very basic and satisfying about driving this around town and on my commute out to the suburbs. It does become a little tricky when needing quick acceleration for merging onto the highway--this is my only real complaint. At this point my overall average gas consumption is 36.2 mpg."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25