2014 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $12,206 - $12,451.

Based on 95 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Fun drive, great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pros: "Great price, great gas mileage, handles well, fun"

Cons: "AC not great sitting still, small side mirrors,"

"I bought my Spark about 6months ago. I absolutely love it. Fun to drive, handles great, and i have gotten tons of compliments on it. For a small car, it is roomy in the front seats. Back seats are somewhat small, but I have had four adults in for short drives several times with no problems at all. Just drove , one way, 400 miles to go on vacation with one person in back seat and she said it was more comfortable than the back seat of another larger vehicle that she had recently been in. I would definitely purchase again. I have seen reviews saying it has no acceleration, but again, for a small car I think it does great. Cargo space is plenty big for groceries and errands, but does not hold a lot of luggage. However, back seats do fold flat and you can fold both sides or just one. The AC does not blow very cold if sitting still in traffic. That has been my biggest complaint so far. Since I don't live in a area where I am in traffic to and from work, that has not been a big issue."

Great price! Great Room! Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Bluetooth Great head room Mileage Hillstart assist"

Cons: "Little noise on freeway. AC at 85 deg struggles"

"I recently bought the Spark after researching all the tiny cars out there. I was amazed that the Spark came standard with AC, power windows, and power door locks. I got the 1LT trim, manual transmission. It's fun to drive. The shifting is so smooth. It keeps up with traffic and I can fit in the Bike Lane. I live in San Diego and recently drove it to Santa Barbara. Using Stick Shift, Neutral a lot, and cruise control at 66 MPH I was able to get OVER 42 MPG! It's an eye catcher. I would definitely recommend this car with Manual Transmission and at least the 1LT trim (also because dealers are more willing to give you discounts with manual transmission). Bluetooth works great, and I can actually fit four people in it, comfortably. When you see all these average size adults comfortably getting out you'd think you were looking at the old clown car clip. I'm 6 feet tall and I don't have to put the seat all the way back, which is great for the 5 foot 7 person sitting behind me."

be ready for no AC on this car

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

I don't own this car

"I do not highly recommend this car what it brought my attention from this car was the price and save on gas, the average on gas combined is 34 mpg which is not the best compared with ecobost technology and the prices after you paid all the dealer fee you finaled paid 19.000 dollars which is not sheap.but my big frustration was the AC ,is using a gas that cause major trouble to the engineering of the motor and the AC, carefulness with this I heard that there is a lot off car with this problem already reported"

Cons: "Ride, seat comfort, cargo space, dings easy."

"While this car is great on gas, we are getting over the EPA rating's as much as 45 on the highway! This car I would not recommend to older driver's its ride to very harsh all all but smooth roads. Take a long test drive before you buy. I did not. Its very under powered, so getting on freeway's is not easy. quality is there for the money. body dents very easy and paint chips easy too. Mine is black. It drive like a go cart, which could be fun for some. Parking is as easy as it gets. I will be looking for a new car soon and taking a BIG loss as resale is very poor. Radio in mine has no CD to which makes no since yet. also little to no cargo room. Auto trans shifts well."

A very nice surprise!

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Looks, roomy interior feel, 2LT package."

Cons: "A/C power"

"My wife and I got this car, and we are very please with it since day 1. We got the 2LT -Manual transmission and the car is yielding 36.7mpg so far on mix driving conditions with full time a/c. We loved the look, the confortable interior and the roomy space despite been so tiny in dimensions. No problem whatsoever loading it from Costco and running our daily errands. The car handles very well in the city, mountains, and highway, and the cruise control is a blessing. We got the navigation app -Bringo- and so far its been of great help. It is true, that there is no much horsepower, but there is plenty of good driving dynamics to make up for it -just learn how to shift and move on. My wife learn to drive manual on it a couple of days after we got it. A very nice surprise when you look at the overall value and the smile it brings when you look at it."

Fun, Economical Little Car to Drive - Love It!

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "GREAT gas mileage, Zippy Tranny, Smooth Steering"

Cons: "No keyless entry, back seats don't fold flat"

"I just bought my Spark a few weeks ago and I have to say I absolutely love it. I drive apx 40 miles each way to work, 5 days a week, so I spend a fair amount of time in my car. I got the 5 speed LS model and I am AVERAGING 40.4 miles per gallon!! I am NOT shifting like an old lady, I run 65 & 70 on sections of my route to work, and I don't use premium gasoline, just regular unleaded. I am so pleased with this little car's performance. The ONLY thing I can think of that kept me from giving it a 10 out of 10 for everything is that I REALLY wish they had included keyless entry in this model and I wish the back seat would fold down FLAT (the seat belts are in the way and not moveable) I have already hauled 6 foot sections of 2x8's and 8 bags of soil to build a flower bed and it fit with no problem. People keep confusing it for a 2 door or a Smart Car and I love telling them "NO, Actually its a CHEVY" ! Having the time of my life with this little car.... Thanks Chevrolet!"

Excellent value

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

Pros: "value for price, gas mileage, easy to maneuver,"

Cons: "??"

"We have had our eye on a Spark ever since renting one up in Oregon and getting 44 MPG driving around town and some highway (in an automatic!). We did not expect to purchase until later this year, however, we found a deal we could not refuse @ $3000 off retail. We bought a 5-speed LS for about $10,850 out the door including tax & license. It has been just over a month and we have traveled all over the state to LA, through Yosemite, and over to Reno. On our first tank, we averaged 39 MPG and were thrilled. The next tank yielded 42 MPG... the next 47 MPG... and so on. It just keeps getting better and better with the most recent tankful delivering 54 MPG - loaded with three adults and overnight luggage. Sure, the vehicle is not luxury (we went from a Mercedes to this car) but there is plenty of room for a pleasant trip, the base model comes with air conditioning and power windows, the reliability has already been proven in Europe and Asia, and the cost was comparable to a good used car. With the 5-year warranty, it was a no-brainer to go ahead and purchase our Spark. This car will get pushed around on the freeway by strong cross-winds and large trucks. We have countered this trouble by installing air tabs atop the rear spoiler. For running regular errands and shopping, etc., we will go from spending about $25 a week in fuel to about $25 a month. The only thing I miss about my Mercedes is the sunroof."

Disapointed!

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

"I am previous owner of the Cruz 2011. I traded for Spark relying on customer reviews. Spark feels like a rental car. It easy to park but it is difficult for backing caused by passenger's (blind) side. I don't like this car. In my opinion Cruz is 100 times better and also very good on gas."

So far, so good, but...

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pros: "Drives and rides nice, great mpg, looks nice"

Cons: "terrible radio, pointless On Star for me"

"I bough it new and have 2300 mile on it so far. Manual shift. Drives nice and is getting over 40mpg in a mixed driving situation, mostly freeway though. I really like it so far. I have three complaints. One is the radio. I bought the lower price on because the the upper priced one seemed to have a large screen that was really nothing more than a monitor for your phone. No GPS, no extra car data, no high def radio, no CD player, nothing. The lower priced one has a radio that looks to be difficult to change out. A very proprietary hole(s) in the dash take up a lot of space for no particular reason. I would have preferred a radio with a cd player(although I probably would not use it all that much), an aux, and a USB connector. Most car cd/radios have this. My last radio for $80.00 also had a sd card slot. Also the price of the car reflects the cost of having On Star tech already installed, even if you have no intention of using it you are still paying for it, because the price of the car has to reflect the cost of providing it. I'd rather get a few bucks off the car and not have the On Star already there. The last complaint is it has no engine temperature gauge. I still bought the car knowing about the radio and I still really like the car. Right price and I like the way it drives, rides, and looks. I just think GM could do a better job on some of the tech stuff. It's sad that a $50.00 Wal-Mart CD/radio would be a step up!"

Amazing value!!

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Quality, gas mileage, price, size, style"

Cons: "Acceleration"

"I have been driving this car everyday for about three weeks now. I have had to fill it up only once, for $25. Amazing gas mileage. Spacious enough for my needs, cute car. Nice stereo system, even in the basic model. The only draw back is the acceleration, I literally floor it to merge onto the interstate, but it is fine and sturdy once it gets going. I would gladly give up acceleration for such great gas mileage. No complaints. I was deciding between this and the Fiat 500 and the quality of the Spark was superior, for significantly less money. Certainty not regretting that decision. Just FYI if you are looking to buy it, make sure you double check what features you are getting. I got the cheapest model, and it did not come with cruise control, automatic locks, floor mats, and the mirrors must be manually adjusted. I had everything installed that I wanted for less than 1000 dollars extra, but just a warning to check, because some things I assumed were standard in all new cars were not included."

Chevy has itself a winner here!

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Cool, stylish, great value, quiet, solid, 'tech-y'"

Cons: "Acceleration, though not unexpected given its size"

"Let me start by saying I've read the Spark is for people on a budget. Well, I wasn't on a budget. In fact, I could have afforded a much more expensive car. But having traded in my Smart convertible (I've always been a fan of small cars), I wanted cool, stylish vehicle that would do what a car was designed for - to get me places. And while I haven't owned the Spark for long, it would seem about as good a bang for the buck as my money can buy. The car is cute (I've described it as a cross between a 'mini' Kia Soul and a PT Cruiser), and the cabin is nothing short of 'small car luxury'. It's quiet, feels well-made/solid, and has lots of gadgets and features. Prior to purchasing this car, I even said I'd probably never buy a Chevy. This car changed my mind, and I believe it just might change yours too."

Near Perfection

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, look, and value"

Cons: "Acceleration"

"I bought the Chevy Spark 2013 over a month ago now. I got the LS version. I use it for driving around a Phoenix metro suburb. GAS MILEAGE: Excellent. I filled her up today at a gas station and spent less than $20. The tank was more than half empty when I filled her up. I had good gas mileage with my last car (a Dodge Neon), but this car is even better. You go longer not having to fill the car up and it feels like it just takes seconds to refill it. If you spend a lot on gas, filling this car up instead will blow your mind. EXTERIOR: Looks great - I receive compliments on the car all the time from random people who see me at the gas station or in the parking lot. You get to choose from several colors at no extra charge. I got the green jalepeno one. Also, this car is 5 doors, but it looks like just two in the front plus the hatchback because the door handles blend in with the exterior, which gives you the convenience of a 4-door plus a sporty look. INTERIOR: Also great. The control buttons are smooth and easy to reach. The car feels bigger on the inside because they actually make this car taller than expected - it's taller than my mom's Chevy Cobalt mid-sized sedan. The exterior color is splashed on the inside and on the cloth seats. You ran raise or lower the steering wheel and seat. VALUE: Extremely good value. Inexpensive, amazing gas mileage, and good design. PERFORMANCE: The performance is the only con of this car. It is slow to accelerate from 30 - 40 MPH. It's perfectly fine for street traveling, but I wouldn't want to get on a metered freeway with this car (where you have to stop at a light at the entrance before you must quickly accelerate onto the freeway). If the freeway isn't metered, you won't have any worries getting up to speed. Once it is up to speed though, it's a smooth ride."

The car is paying for itself !!

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Price, Gas Mileage, parking, sportscar handling"

Cons: "no cruise control on my model"

Love my little Shrekmobile !!

"I was paying $80 a week for gas in my Dakota. Gas for this $12000 car is always less than $30. That means I have a new vehicle that pays for itself in fuel savings. I have the Shrek green LT model with Manual transmission. Since it is manual transmission, handling hills and acceleration to highway speeds (70 mph) is good. A Manual transmission is more work though for your right hand and left leg. The model I have doesn't have Cruise control. So, this demotes it to a local "get to work and back car". Presently, the gas mileage indicator says we are getting almost 35 mpg. I have heard that increases once the engine is broken in. Parking is a breeze since the car is only 12 feet long and the turning radius is fantastic. We set up OnStar and got the 300 phone minutes for $10. This is true hands free calling. The aux jack is great. I plug in my MP3 player and listen to books to and from work. The car is roomier than one would expect. The front seats are very adjustable. Being a small car everything is within easy reach. The headlights go on when the car starts, which is a good safety feature. This is the best investment I have made in a few years!"

Love my little Shrekmobile !!

An Honest Review

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

""I bought my Chevy Spark in February of 2013. It's the Jalapeno LS Automatic model. The Chevy Spark is my first car. I became fond of small cars after driving a friends Fiat 500 for a day. I wanted a small car that was good on gas but also needed a car that would fit a baby seat or a child in the back seat being my girlfriend and I discovered she was pregnant during the car buying process. I had test drove a Spark a few month prior to buying one and was really surprised at how well the car handled, rode, and performed for being so small. Being that I had drove other small cars and knew I had to have a back seat, so the Fiat 500 and Scion iQ were out of the question. I ended up getting the Spark and I haven't regretted it yet. It's a great little car. If you read reviews from car websites they'd have you think this car is horrible, it's not!! The car rides great, does it get bumpy on the high way, yes, but not unbearable like they make it sound! The interior is great, my only complaint is that the plastic panels scratch easy. The car steers great and is like driving a big go-kart, it handles very well. I believe the estimated gas for this car is listed wrong at 32/38mpg. The car will never dip under 30mpg even going 75-85mph. The car's sweet spot seems to be 50-65mph, the gas mileage soars at these speeds, 40-44mpg easily! This car gets really good gas mileage! It has never cost more then $30 to fill, normally around $25 being it only gas a 9 gallon tank. The seating is pretty comfortable and you can fit 4 adults in the car. It can be tight for the person sitting behind the driver but it's not bad as long as your not driving longer than 1 hour or so. I live in Indiana so I've had the chance to drive it in the snow. To my surprise the car performs pretty well in snow so no worries there. For 84HP it's not to bad, on some very steep hills it will struggle a little but no where near as bad as I thought! There's not much cargo room but trips to the grocery store will be fine so long as you don't take 4 people along and can use the back seats for storage. So far the Spark has been a really good car for me! If you go in not expecting Cadillac like quality then you will get a lot of value out of this car. I really think value and performance wise it easily beats the Scion iQ and Fiat 500. If you want a small car that's good on gas, runs good, can fit friends and family when needed, and will get you to where you need to go, there's no better choice than a Spark. It's a great car!!"

The Import Killer Returns!!

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Price, Fuel economy, styling, tech equipment, size"

Cons: "slow acceleration, cargo capacity w/ seats up"

"I had the opportunity to drive a Spark recently and was impressed. My initial impression was the next Metro (based on it's size and price) but I couldn't be farther from the truth. The Spark is tiny with an overall length of 144" but thanks to it's well laid out interior it has a surprising amount of interior room. I'm 6'3" and can easily fit up front and even in the back. The only big con is the cargo space with the seats up is really small but who combines double dates and IKEA runs? The Mylink radio is an answer to a tech lover's prayer. The stock speakers are good but heavy bass is fuzzy. Acceleration is adequate for a car with only 84 hp but the fun colors and fuel economy easily make up for that. In town the Spark has no superior and is a snap to park. On the highway the Spark holds its own with ease and maintains highway speeds rather well. Based on the Spark's on board fuel economy computer I averaged 35mpg mixed driving and had a top mpg of 47. For those who want a more earth friendly car the Spark is also 85% recyclable! Overall the Spark is an excellent sub-compact that is a functional, tech savvy, commuter car that is a good choice for people who have a small budget or even for those who do not want to spend a small fortune on a hybrid. Definitely my next car!"

Excellent car for the price

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

Pros: "Attractive, well-equipped, great price"

Cons: "Would have preferred 6 speed auto."

"My wife drives the techno pink version. Actually, color description is deceptive. Fairly subdued pink. She loves it. It is an automatic, LT trim. Very well equipped. Surprisingly roomy inside. I am 6 foot, 200 pounds, fit fine in front, even in back I am ok. While interior is not plush, it is attractive. 4 hour drive on highway was comfortable, not very noisy, and handled well. She averages around 38 miles per gallon with about half her time commuting in the highway. Only complaint, and minor to us, is acceleration. But more than adequate to get up and going on the highway. I've only had it to 85, performed fine at that speed. Size makes it absolutely perfect in the city. Great turning radius, certainly no problem parking. Have about 10,000 miles in 6 months, no problems at all. I think we were out the door for 14,000, hard to beat. I am probably going to buy the manual version this summer. Maybe not pink:)"

Fun car and a good value!

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Price and fun to drive"

Cons: "None. Great car for the money."

"2013 SL2, Denim Blue, 5 speed manual This is a great little car. 35 miles to the gallon average. I would definitely recommend at least the SL1, so that there are enough bells and whistles on the inside to keep you comfy. This is the first car that I said I want everything I can get on it! The manual transmissions are rare. So much more fun than the automatic."

Like little Sparky

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "Lots of looks from people, lots of compliments"

Cons: "a/c cycles, stock speakers are terrible"

"I have owned this vehicle for 7 months now and just turned 6000 Miles. The mylink stereo is awesome, but the speakers stock are terrible. Already replaced them but you just can't get much sound out of small 4" speakers no matter how much they cost. The air conditioner seems to cycle on and off. Since I bought it last year in August, summer was gearing down so I look forward to see how the a/c will perform this summer. I have heard others complain about this as well. It does feel all of the bumps, but that is because of the short wheel base. But hey, it's a small car, you should expect that, it does ride good and there is some road noise at highway speeds, but hey, that's what the volume control on the radio is for right!? It doesn't have much power but then again, that is not why you buy this car. It runs 3000+ RPM's at highway speeds, which to me is high, but I guess that is how they engineered this little 4 banger. If I had to do it all over again, I would have saved my money a little longer and bought the sonic, Sparks big brother. My brother just bought a Sonic and for approximately $2000 more, he got a lot more car than the Spark is."

Big Value Little Car! long island recommends!

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Excellent gas Mileage & overall value, very fun !"

Cons: "driver dashboard"

"review: Spark 2LT black granite (long island NY) thanks for looking, going from a jeep liberty 2002 (gas hog around 12mpg) to the chevy spark has been a great transition. this car will pay for itself is fuel economy. i will start with the exterior. Sporty and stylish with fairly decent paint quality. the 2LT wheels are very nice with a sporty design gives the car a nice look. this car looks great backed in the driveway. the chrome accents add a nice touch and fog lights work well and look nice, headlamps also look really nice with the black paint, gives good contrast.interior: my only small complaint is motorcycle dash, its kind of small, i would have preferred a "biult in dash" but it works and for me it is a very minor complaint. Deceivingly roomy, i am 6'1 185 lbs i fit well also arm rest was of no issue to me as others have complained, i have long arms though. leather is ok kind of a vinyl blend, doesnt smell bad to me, i kinda like it. seats are comfortable and form to me well, seat warmers work nicely on a cold day. all power windows locks zip tightly. switchblade key is really nice! the mylink is amazing, everything you want in smart phone world translates to your car. (google mylink to find out more) back seats are comfortable and i can fit ok. leather wrapped electronic steering has radio volume and control at finger tip (extremely useful and convenient) is very smooth. 10 airbags they are everywhere, by your knees ect.this car rides nice for a very small vehicle. with rising fuel costs small cars are the way to go. if you have read up to hear, go to dealership and try out. also go with 2lt if you have the little extra !"

Love this car

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "Like driving a little sports car and fits my fat _"

Cons: "don't have any"

"I am almost 60 years old and 5'10"and weigh 278 lbs and have arthritis as well as bad knees. When the salesman showed me the spark I looked at him as if he had lost his mind. But I sat in it very easy to get in and get out of. The room in it is great. I drive up and down mountains everyday the little car does fine. No complaints at all. Love the gas mileage. I have a red one(salsa for the yuppies) so my next door nieghbor wants to know when the mowing deck will be in for it. (he has a red riding mower) anyway I would recomend this car to anyone in fact I already have my brother is buying one as soon as the next one comes in."

An Ok Car

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pros: "great price, gas mileage, cute car"

Cons: "Acceleration"

"You get what you pay for. My mom got me this as my first car and I must admit it's a really cute car and I get compliments on it all the time. You can't beat the mpg. The most I have ever had to pay for gas is $25 and it last for about 2 weeks. The interior is amazing! I love the My Link touch screen and the leather seats are awesome. You can also heat them which comes in handy in the winter time. Although this car has many great features the one bad feature caused me to become frustrated with this car. The acceleration of this car is awful. NEVER get on the free way in this car. It's a very scary experience. Other than that the driving experience is okay. The car is VERY loud, but the drive feels pretty smooth. After only driving this car for less than 600 miles, my mom decided to try to trade it in for something more to my liking, but dealerships were only willing to give her $12,500 so i decided to keep it for a few years. If you live in the city I definitely recommend this car for you. If you will be driving at high speeds to get to work or other places don't get this car. This would be an amazing car if Chevy gave it better acceleration capabilities."

good car

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

Pros: "Styling and Mpg,"

Cons: "Listed in main review"

"Overall nice. Interior scratches very easy. Rides nice. 41 MPG. Handles very well. Under powered. I have the five speed LS and it could really use a sixth gear. 3200 rpm at highway (70mph) speed seems a little excessive for this little motor. Sound system needs much improvement. Manual transmission is sealed and unserviceable per Chevrolet (what were they thinking). No spare tire. Car revs up and actually speeds up when slowing with foot off gas pedal. Condition is normal per Chevrolet. So be forewarned."

I love my Spark!

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "GREAT value, color options, gas mileage"

Cons: "Engine can get a little bit loud."

"This was my very first four door vehicle! Many people don't realize it's a four door and has way more room on the inside than it looks like it does from the outside. I get many compliments on my car (especially due to it being Techno Pink)! I am not very good at parallel parking, but the Spark makes it so easy! Very nicely can fit in tight spaces. Great for highway driving. The engine can get a little loud, but it's a small car so that is to be expected. Runs great and gets EXCELLENT gas mileage! I drive 60 miles a day approximately and I only fill up once a week. I am a loyal Chevy customer and this car is absolutely wonderful! I really can't say enough good things about it."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next