2014 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $11,939 - $12,256.

Based on 105 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

I'm lovin' it!

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "Price, Mileage, Options, Hauls four adult humans"

Cons: "No auto-headlights on 2013!"

"I bought the car in Feb 2013. 1LT Manual. For the price, I never expected 'luxury vehicle' standards. I knew what I was getting into. Although, it has more options than I expected! The 7" touchscreen really had me sold. I'm 6'5" and have no problem fitting in the car. It's no V8, but it's definitely fun to drive. I have no problem getting on the highway, with four humans in the car. The manual probably plays a big part in that, because I run the gears pretty high before I shift, while accelerating that fast. I'm averaging around 36 MPG (real numbers, not calculated by the vehicle). The interior plastic scratches very easily. You can scratch it with your fingernails. So after 6 months of driving it, the scratches start showing up everywhere. There have been many complaints about the A/C not functioning. I've only driven the car a handful of times this summer (I prefer my bike). But the few times I actually needed the A/C, it worked like a champ. It won't cause ice cycles, but it does the job, for having a lawnmower engine. The speakers are a joke. They sound more like headphone speakers, but in comes the 'budget car' standards. It's better than nothing! It also doesn't come with a spare tire. It has a can of "tire sealant" and a compressor. It's not a deal breaker for me, my other vehicle has the same thing. If I had to pick one thing I don't like about this vehicle, it would be the daytime running lights, and lack of auto-on headlights. The 2014 models have the auto headlights. The DRL are the headlights, with full power to them. So If you take off without turning the lights on, you will be able to see fine, but your other lights aren't lit up. You would never know that you have no taillights, since the cluster lights are always illuminated. A bit dangerous, if you ask me. I love the car. It does it's job, I've had no problems this far!"

I BOUGHT A SPARK 1LT FOR FUEL ECOMONY, AND PRICE.

By on Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pros: "ROOMY ,FUN TO DRIVE,GREAT ON GAS, NOT ELECTRIC"

Cons: "I WISH THEY WOULD OFFER MUD FLAPS"

"WHEN YOU GET IN MY NEW SPARK IAM STILL AMAZED HOW SPORTY AND WELL EQUIPT IT IS FOR THE MONEY. THE RIDE AND DRIVING IS VERY FUN. IAM VERY SUPRISED HOW IT HANDLED ON THE HIGHWAY WITH THE TRUCKS, IT DIDNT BLOW ME OVER FOR BEING A SMALL CAR (STILBITY TRACK) WORKS GREAT,AND IT DOESNT FEEL CHEEP AT ALL. LOVE ALL THE SAFETY OPTIONS. BELIEVE ME I SHOPPED AROUND AND NOTHING COMPARES TO THE SPARK. O BY THE WAY FUEL ECONONANY I AVERAGE 38 CITY 44 HWY.(THE BEST VALUE FOR THE DOLLAR) FINALLY GM..."

Buy with caution, Check the A/C !!

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, features dependent on build dates"

Cons: "Non existent Air Conditioning"

"I bought one of these Sparks last winter, and my initial opinion of the car was that it was a good value. The car is constantly being reinvented. Be careful of the build date of the car. If the car was built before 11/12, the steering wheels don't light the control buttons, and they still are on the lots being sold. Auto lights have been added for 2014, 2013 models don't have them, making for a dangerous situation, as the daytime running lights lead you to believe the main lighting is on after dark, and they are still on the lots, being sold. The air conditioning is non existent, it just plainly doesn't work, and GM does not know how to fix it. So this car needs some fine tuning. The good part is the MPG's, the leg and headroom, it handles nicely, and it has adequate power. It is what it is, an entry level car, at a low price, that still needs some polishing."

so lacking in power almost dangerous

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "cute"

Cons: "inefficient, not good for hills"

"No power when going from stop to top of slight hill. Don't turn right on red.......other cars are expecting you to move out and this car just CAN"T. Once up to speed on flat freeway the car does cruise along & can maintain speed. Automatic transmission needs help, stays in first gear much too long. Downshift is jerky. Car is welded together leaves no room for minor adjustments which are needed because sometimes a weld is a silly little mm off. Because gas mileage is so bad and gas tank is so small it requires frequent refueling and that is a pain"

Large space, Great MPG, poor speakers and A/C

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Price, MPG, Size, Comfort, handeling, mylink"

Cons: "A/C, Soft plastic, lots of plastic, stock speaks"

Plasti Dipped my wheels.

"This is a great little car That feels and handles like a larger vehicle. I'm a big guy at 250 and I have plenty of room up front and in back with out moving my seat! The speakers that came with the car (4 not 6 chevy shame on you) are utter rubbish, However replacing them was a breeze. The A/C only blows cool at idle witch makes it a hot city trip with heavy traffic. This little car loves to rev and has plenty of git up and go. The plastics on the car are all very soft and just running your nail across them will forever leave a mark. I advise when you go and trade in or sell the car at a later date to just buff them out."

Plasti Dipped my wheels.

Great car if the A/C worked

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Great economy, fun to drive,MyLink,heated seats"

Cons: "Weak A/C,interior scratches easily,"

"I love my spark but the A/C system is weak at best. It has been back to the dealer 2 times and it still doesnt work as it should. I was told by GM that they are "working on a fix" but how long must we wait? Not at all what I was expecting when buying a brand new car. Other than the A/C issue I love the car."

AC does not work, and don't expect support from GM

Reason: Bad AC and No GM Support

Pros: "Great MPG - 35avg"

Cons: "Air Conditioning? Whats that?"

"This was the first car I ever bought new. And also my first car from GM. I purchased in November of 2012, and as soon as the weather started to warm up in Texas, I knew something was wrong. After 4 trips to dealer service, 2 repairs, 1 new compressor/AC system...I ditched the car. To put it eloquently, the AC system is terrible. And by terrible, I mean it won't cool the car at all. If you live in a warmer climate, please do yourself a favor and run an internet search for "Chevy Spark AC Problem". If I knew this, I would have never purchased this car. This is the biggest regretful purchase I have ever made."

Great Car, But.......

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "Full featured, Great price"

Cons: "Absolutely worthless A/C"

"I've got the 2LT, and I really love this little car, for my purposes, it handles well, it is comfortable, and it is full featured. It is not a racing car, but it does what it needs to, it is advertised as a city car, and that's what it is. The mylink radio, fog lights, automatic trans, heated seats, full power, etc.,etc., all wrapped in a 4 dr. sedan, for just a touch over 17K, is a great deal. But, the a/c is awful, the air stream from the dash vents blow constantly changing temps, from cool to warm, and back again. This is a widespread problem, affecting almost all Sparks, and GM is aware of it. A bulletin was published acknowledging this problem, with the promise of a fix, but nothing has come of it. They have been replacing compressors, with no results. As much as I like this car, I really couldn't recommend it, until the a/c problem is resolved. So until that happens, I would avoid it."

This is an awesome car, but!!!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage, great price, awesome looking car"

Cons: "A/C needs to work at all times."

"I purchased this car in November of 2012. It now has 12,500 miles on it and it is a pleasure to own, except, for the A/C problem that the dealerships do not know how to fix. The A/C works while I am driving, but blows warm air at idle. Every time I stop at a red light, stop sign, or get caught in late afternoon traffic, the A/C stops working. The General Motors engineers know about this issue (#PIC5858A Insufficient A/C Performance At Idle - June 13, 2013) and I am hoping that they come up with a resolution to repair this issue. I love this little car and hope they can fix the one major flaw that needs to be fixed to make this the car I will suggest to everyone I know. I will update this review and give this car higher scores when/if General Motors fixes the A/C issue."

AMAZING

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "fun drive, lots of compliments, great gas milage"

Cons: "gas tank size, no passanger arm rest, pickup speed"

"This is my first car and I have had my car for about a week now. I bought the car with 5 miles on it and now have 500. This car is such a fun ride and gets great gas milage. The only not so good things so far it that it doesnt have an arm rest for the passanger, slow pick up speed, and how small the gas tank is. It holds about 10 gallons but i cant really complain with the distance i get out of it. I have no real issues on the highway and i LOVE the looks and compliments i get on my green spark. Over all its a GREAT car and will keep a smile on your face!"

Fun drive, great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pros: "Great price, great gas mileage, handles well, fun"

Cons: "AC not great sitting still, small side mirrors,"

"I bought my Spark about 6months ago. I absolutely love it. Fun to drive, handles great, and i have gotten tons of compliments on it. For a small car, it is roomy in the front seats. Back seats are somewhat small, but I have had four adults in for short drives several times with no problems at all. Just drove , one way, 400 miles to go on vacation with one person in back seat and she said it was more comfortable than the back seat of another larger vehicle that she had recently been in. I would definitely purchase again. I have seen reviews saying it has no acceleration, but again, for a small car I think it does great. Cargo space is plenty big for groceries and errands, but does not hold a lot of luggage. However, back seats do fold flat and you can fold both sides or just one. The AC does not blow very cold if sitting still in traffic. That has been my biggest complaint so far. Since I don't live in a area where I am in traffic to and from work, that has not been a big issue."

Great price! Great Room! Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Bluetooth Great head room Mileage Hillstart assist"

Cons: "Little noise on freeway. AC at 85 deg struggles"

"I recently bought the Spark after researching all the tiny cars out there. I was amazed that the Spark came standard with AC, power windows, and power door locks. I got the 1LT trim, manual transmission. It's fun to drive. The shifting is so smooth. It keeps up with traffic and I can fit in the Bike Lane. I live in San Diego and recently drove it to Santa Barbara. Using Stick Shift, Neutral a lot, and cruise control at 66 MPH I was able to get OVER 42 MPG! It's an eye catcher. I would definitely recommend this car with Manual Transmission and at least the 1LT trim (also because dealers are more willing to give you discounts with manual transmission). Bluetooth works great, and I can actually fit four people in it, comfortably. When you see all these average size adults comfortably getting out you'd think you were looking at the old clown car clip. I'm 6 feet tall and I don't have to put the seat all the way back, which is great for the 5 foot 7 person sitting behind me."

be ready for no AC on this car

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

I don't own this car

"I do not highly recommend this car what it brought my attention from this car was the price and save on gas, the average on gas combined is 34 mpg which is not the best compared with ecobost technology and the prices after you paid all the dealer fee you finaled paid 19.000 dollars which is not sheap.but my big frustration was the AC ,is using a gas that cause major trouble to the engineering of the motor and the AC, carefulness with this I heard that there is a lot off car with this problem already reported"

Cons: "Ride, seat comfort, cargo space, dings easy."

"While this car is great on gas, we are getting over the EPA rating's as much as 45 on the highway! This car I would not recommend to older driver's its ride to very harsh all all but smooth roads. Take a long test drive before you buy. I did not. Its very under powered, so getting on freeway's is not easy. quality is there for the money. body dents very easy and paint chips easy too. Mine is black. It drive like a go cart, which could be fun for some. Parking is as easy as it gets. I will be looking for a new car soon and taking a BIG loss as resale is very poor. Radio in mine has no CD to which makes no since yet. also little to no cargo room. Auto trans shifts well."

A very nice surprise!

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Looks, roomy interior feel, 2LT package."

Cons: "A/C power"

"My wife and I got this car, and we are very please with it since day 1. We got the 2LT -Manual transmission and the car is yielding 36.7mpg so far on mix driving conditions with full time a/c. We loved the look, the confortable interior and the roomy space despite been so tiny in dimensions. No problem whatsoever loading it from Costco and running our daily errands. The car handles very well in the city, mountains, and highway, and the cruise control is a blessing. We got the navigation app -Bringo- and so far its been of great help. It is true, that there is no much horsepower, but there is plenty of good driving dynamics to make up for it -just learn how to shift and move on. My wife learn to drive manual on it a couple of days after we got it. A very nice surprise when you look at the overall value and the smile it brings when you look at it."

Fun, Economical Little Car to Drive - Love It!

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "GREAT gas mileage, Zippy Tranny, Smooth Steering"

Cons: "No keyless entry, back seats don't fold flat"

"I just bought my Spark a few weeks ago and I have to say I absolutely love it. I drive apx 40 miles each way to work, 5 days a week, so I spend a fair amount of time in my car. I got the 5 speed LS model and I am AVERAGING 40.4 miles per gallon!! I am NOT shifting like an old lady, I run 65 & 70 on sections of my route to work, and I don't use premium gasoline, just regular unleaded. I am so pleased with this little car's performance. The ONLY thing I can think of that kept me from giving it a 10 out of 10 for everything is that I REALLY wish they had included keyless entry in this model and I wish the back seat would fold down FLAT (the seat belts are in the way and not moveable) I have already hauled 6 foot sections of 2x8's and 8 bags of soil to build a flower bed and it fit with no problem. People keep confusing it for a 2 door or a Smart Car and I love telling them "NO, Actually its a CHEVY" ! Having the time of my life with this little car.... Thanks Chevrolet!"

Excellent value

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

Pros: "value for price, gas mileage, easy to maneuver,"

Cons: "??"

"We have had our eye on a Spark ever since renting one up in Oregon and getting 44 MPG driving around town and some highway (in an automatic!). We did not expect to purchase until later this year, however, we found a deal we could not refuse @ $3000 off retail. We bought a 5-speed LS for about $10,850 out the door including tax & license. It has been just over a month and we have traveled all over the state to LA, through Yosemite, and over to Reno. On our first tank, we averaged 39 MPG and were thrilled. The next tank yielded 42 MPG... the next 47 MPG... and so on. It just keeps getting better and better with the most recent tankful delivering 54 MPG - loaded with three adults and overnight luggage. Sure, the vehicle is not luxury (we went from a Mercedes to this car) but there is plenty of room for a pleasant trip, the base model comes with air conditioning and power windows, the reliability has already been proven in Europe and Asia, and the cost was comparable to a good used car. With the 5-year warranty, it was a no-brainer to go ahead and purchase our Spark. This car will get pushed around on the freeway by strong cross-winds and large trucks. We have countered this trouble by installing air tabs atop the rear spoiler. For running regular errands and shopping, etc., we will go from spending about $25 a week in fuel to about $25 a month. The only thing I miss about my Mercedes is the sunroof."

Disapointed!

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

"I am previous owner of the Cruz 2011. I traded for Spark relying on customer reviews. Spark feels like a rental car. It easy to park but it is difficult for backing caused by passenger's (blind) side. I don't like this car. In my opinion Cruz is 100 times better and also very good on gas."

So far, so good, but...

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pros: "Drives and rides nice, great mpg, looks nice"

Cons: "terrible radio, pointless On Star for me"

"I bough it new and have 2300 mile on it so far. Manual shift. Drives nice and is getting over 40mpg in a mixed driving situation, mostly freeway though. I really like it so far. I have three complaints. One is the radio. I bought the lower price on because the the upper priced one seemed to have a large screen that was really nothing more than a monitor for your phone. No GPS, no extra car data, no high def radio, no CD player, nothing. The lower priced one has a radio that looks to be difficult to change out. A very proprietary hole(s) in the dash take up a lot of space for no particular reason. I would have preferred a radio with a cd player(although I probably would not use it all that much), an aux, and a USB connector. Most car cd/radios have this. My last radio for $80.00 also had a sd card slot. Also the price of the car reflects the cost of having On Star tech already installed, even if you have no intention of using it you are still paying for it, because the price of the car has to reflect the cost of providing it. I'd rather get a few bucks off the car and not have the On Star already there. The last complaint is it has no engine temperature gauge. I still bought the car knowing about the radio and I still really like the car. Right price and I like the way it drives, rides, and looks. I just think GM could do a better job on some of the tech stuff. It's sad that a $50.00 Wal-Mart CD/radio would be a step up!"

Amazing value!!

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Quality, gas mileage, price, size, style"

Cons: "Acceleration"

"I have been driving this car everyday for about three weeks now. I have had to fill it up only once, for $25. Amazing gas mileage. Spacious enough for my needs, cute car. Nice stereo system, even in the basic model. The only draw back is the acceleration, I literally floor it to merge onto the interstate, but it is fine and sturdy once it gets going. I would gladly give up acceleration for such great gas mileage. No complaints. I was deciding between this and the Fiat 500 and the quality of the Spark was superior, for significantly less money. Certainty not regretting that decision. Just FYI if you are looking to buy it, make sure you double check what features you are getting. I got the cheapest model, and it did not come with cruise control, automatic locks, floor mats, and the mirrors must be manually adjusted. I had everything installed that I wanted for less than 1000 dollars extra, but just a warning to check, because some things I assumed were standard in all new cars were not included."

Chevy has itself a winner here!

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Cool, stylish, great value, quiet, solid, 'tech-y'"

Cons: "Acceleration, though not unexpected given its size"

"Let me start by saying I've read the Spark is for people on a budget. Well, I wasn't on a budget. In fact, I could have afforded a much more expensive car. But having traded in my Smart convertible (I've always been a fan of small cars), I wanted cool, stylish vehicle that would do what a car was designed for - to get me places. And while I haven't owned the Spark for long, it would seem about as good a bang for the buck as my money can buy. The car is cute (I've described it as a cross between a 'mini' Kia Soul and a PT Cruiser), and the cabin is nothing short of 'small car luxury'. It's quiet, feels well-made/solid, and has lots of gadgets and features. Prior to purchasing this car, I even said I'd probably never buy a Chevy. This car changed my mind, and I believe it just might change yours too."

Near Perfection

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, look, and value"

Cons: "Acceleration"

"I bought the Chevy Spark 2013 over a month ago now. I got the LS version. I use it for driving around a Phoenix metro suburb. GAS MILEAGE: Excellent. I filled her up today at a gas station and spent less than $20. The tank was more than half empty when I filled her up. I had good gas mileage with my last car (a Dodge Neon), but this car is even better. You go longer not having to fill the car up and it feels like it just takes seconds to refill it. If you spend a lot on gas, filling this car up instead will blow your mind. EXTERIOR: Looks great - I receive compliments on the car all the time from random people who see me at the gas station or in the parking lot. You get to choose from several colors at no extra charge. I got the green jalepeno one. Also, this car is 5 doors, but it looks like just two in the front plus the hatchback because the door handles blend in with the exterior, which gives you the convenience of a 4-door plus a sporty look. INTERIOR: Also great. The control buttons are smooth and easy to reach. The car feels bigger on the inside because they actually make this car taller than expected - it's taller than my mom's Chevy Cobalt mid-sized sedan. The exterior color is splashed on the inside and on the cloth seats. You ran raise or lower the steering wheel and seat. VALUE: Extremely good value. Inexpensive, amazing gas mileage, and good design. PERFORMANCE: The performance is the only con of this car. It is slow to accelerate from 30 - 40 MPH. It's perfectly fine for street traveling, but I wouldn't want to get on a metered freeway with this car (where you have to stop at a light at the entrance before you must quickly accelerate onto the freeway). If the freeway isn't metered, you won't have any worries getting up to speed. Once it is up to speed though, it's a smooth ride."

The car is paying for itself !!

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Price, Gas Mileage, parking, sportscar handling"

Cons: "no cruise control on my model"

Love my little Shrekmobile !!

"I was paying $80 a week for gas in my Dakota. Gas for this $12000 car is always less than $30. That means I have a new vehicle that pays for itself in fuel savings. I have the Shrek green LT model with Manual transmission. Since it is manual transmission, handling hills and acceleration to highway speeds (70 mph) is good. A Manual transmission is more work though for your right hand and left leg. The model I have doesn't have Cruise control. So, this demotes it to a local "get to work and back car". Presently, the gas mileage indicator says we are getting almost 35 mpg. I have heard that increases once the engine is broken in. Parking is a breeze since the car is only 12 feet long and the turning radius is fantastic. We set up OnStar and got the 300 phone minutes for $10. This is true hands free calling. The aux jack is great. I plug in my MP3 player and listen to books to and from work. The car is roomier than one would expect. The front seats are very adjustable. Being a small car everything is within easy reach. The headlights go on when the car starts, which is a good safety feature. This is the best investment I have made in a few years!"

Love my little Shrekmobile !!