2014 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $11,761 - $12,090.

Based on 107 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Perfect for the price (LS automatic)

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "Fuel-efficient and sporty-looking for little $"

Cons: "needs mid-grade gas to avoid sputters"

"Sparky is the perfect car for me. I commute 130 miles round trip--half highway, half city--and average 41 mpg combined. When I first bought it, the car sputtered a bit climbing up out of underground parking garages and accelerating up steep on-ramps. Now, I feed it mid-grade gas and have no problems whatsoever, easily hitting 70 before I have to merge with interstate traffic. I have had no trouble cruising at 80 mph, as long as it isn't too windy. But with strong gusts at high speeds, it's Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (fun and not too scary). Rides high, so I don't feel like I'm in a tiny car. I love that it can U-turn in a narrow street or tight parking lot. Color options are odd, but salsa red looks sporty, and no one believes I bought it new for only $12,000. The rear seats fold down to create more cargo space, but my bike doesn't fit. However, I have strapped a 10-ft kayak on the roof to drive 8 blocks to the river--giving onlookers a good laugh."

Great commuter, A-B reliable vehicle

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

"Great car for what its made for. Commuting. Also great if you like to be debt free... under $15000 for a new vehicle is a great bargain."

BEST CAR !!! DON'T WORRY ABOUT SAFETY!!!

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "great gas millage, very safe, great features"

"I love this car..... Im 5'4 so this is the perfect size for me. It looks small on the outside but its roomy on the inside. I could fit 3 grown men plus me driving in the spark and no one rubbed elbows. I also have two kids and they love the car too. Car seats fit great in the spark. The initial kick off of the car is a little slow due to the 4 cyl but once you get it up it gets moving quick(good for lead foots). DON'T WORRY ABOUT SAFETY!!!I recently got into a car accident in the spark and 2 of 10 airbags deployed after being hit on the front passengers side(not at fault accident). The steering wheel and lower leg air bags went off even though i was hit on the opposite side of the car. Im going to replace my wrecked spark with a new one because i love it so much. Plus filling it for under $30 rocks! Your gas is safe too! The only way to open the gas tank is a lever by the drivers foot! So no sugar in the tank(for teens or angry exs)and no siphoning :)"

great car for the money

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "price, zippy, great handling, MPG"

Cons: "speakers, A/C issue"

"I dont see how it could get any better for the money purchasing and maintaining this car. This is the first new car that I have bought. I bought it cause I travel 100 miles round trip for work. I average 40 mpg. 85% Highway. There are some reviews about this car being unstable at highway speeds, I think the car seems very stable up to about 80mph. I usually travel speed limit of 65 to 70. Recently went on vacation in this and car did extremely well. I had to avoid falling rock and went the the smokey mountains and car handled great. Avg MPG for the entire trip was 42. Best tank average was 46. Complaints: the factory speakers are horrible, the A/C at idle doesn't seem to be very cold at times."

Avoid

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

I don't own this car

"Many Spark owners on various forums are reporting multiple issues with their virtually brand-new Sparks, including engine trouble needing replacement engines, engines burning quarts of oil weekly, air conditioner problems (not getting cold), etc. Look elsewhere."

Get best value for your bucks

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Great value, great gas milage, fun & smooth drivin"

Cons: "low pick up, not enough cigarette charges"

"I've owned for well over year and I'm extremely happy so far. It's a great 4-door, 4 seater car. Very comfortable and roomy. Pick up is less compared to my other car but great on gas. Also has good trunk space too for a small car."

Good Value, good buy, tiny car

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Great price, great mpg, fun and safe, airbags"

Cons: "City Mpg isn't that great, Tiny(good and bad)"

"This is my first car that I actually have bought new and undoubtedly it was a great choice. No buyers remorse even after an accident took it away from me for a couple weeks. This car gets great gas mileage, easily navigates cities and is a breeze to park. A little terrifying on the highway, since the blind spot is pretty bad, but it definitely keeps you awake. That or the option to call anyone from your smartphone anytime over your speaker system will keep you up for those long drives! My cross country drive I averaged about 40 mpg, so those highway estimates are right on. Overall an enjoyable car, that does what it says it will do."

good car for those on a budget

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "good on gas"

Cons: "not much power small motor"

"I went to lithia Chevrolet in redding ca expecting to buy a new equinox, but I ended up with a Spark instead. it's a good car for people on a budget, gets around 40 mpg on the freeway and is pretty roomy for a small 4 door hatchback. just don't expect to be racing muscle cars or catching up to them because this car has a very small 1.2 liter underpowered motor. seems to be dependable so far, the only complaint I really have is the power, they should of put a turbo or supercharger on this car, merging onto the freeway is slow only about 45 miles per hour and going up hills is about 55 mph."

Very practical and affordable car

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Affordable, Fun to Drive, decent amount space"

"I use this car mostly for commuting around town and it's perfect for that. I average 42mpg with the 5 speed and it is a lot of fun to drive. The hatchback gives plenty of room for almost everything I need to move. The only complaint I have is that it revs kinda high on the highway (3200rpm @ 65mph in 5th gear)"

great car

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "torquey motor, 4 doors, quite 15" rims"

Cons: "none yet"

"The spark is new but i do love it so far, i have the ls with manual and cruise added. the motor is suprisingly tight and alot more torque than i expected. set the cuise at 35 in 5th gear and it hold even on hills with ease. at 75 it runs the same rev's as my old saturn did. i live in mn so the heat is still on and it will make the car a sauna if you let it. the hill assist on the manual is great, gives you plenty of time to get the throtle on and clutch out."