2014 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $11,748 - $12,111.

Based on 110 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Highly Recommended Vehicle

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

"This has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. The mileage is seemingly more than what has was advertised. We got about 320 miles to a tank and only fill up for $21. The best mileage in a car that I have seen thus far, and it pays for itself (in a monthly payment) in about 3 months in gas savings alone in comparison to other cars. The car hugs the road with ease, and as a newer driver this vehicle is super easy to pick up. I was very impressed with the driving performance overall. I have seen some complaints about "slow" acceleration, but the perceived latency is pretty lost on me. The blind spots are super minimal unlike other cars I have driven like the Kia Rio and Forte. I very much enjoy the free 6 months of Onstar that were offered as well. It is such a luxury, and I am contemplating keeping the program. For the price it just cannot be beaten. This has been a splendid car so far! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone that drives in the city and on highways."

This is an awesome car, but!!!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage, great price, awesome looking car"

Cons: "A/C needs to work at all times."

"I purchased this car in November of 2012. It now has 12,500 miles on it and it is a pleasure to own, except, for the A/C problem that the dealerships do not know how to fix. The A/C works while I am driving, but blows warm air at idle. Every time I stop at a red light, stop sign, or get caught in late afternoon traffic, the A/C stops working. The General Motors engineers know about this issue (#PIC5858A Insufficient A/C Performance At Idle - June 13, 2013) and I am hoping that they come up with a resolution to repair this issue. I love this little car and hope they can fix the one major flaw that needs to be fixed to make this the car I will suggest to everyone I know. I will update this review and give this car higher scores when/if General Motors fixes the A/C issue."

So far, so good, but...

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pros: "Drives and rides nice, great mpg, looks nice"

Cons: "terrible radio, pointless On Star for me"

"I bough it new and have 2300 mile on it so far. Manual shift. Drives nice and is getting over 40mpg in a mixed driving situation, mostly freeway though. I really like it so far. I have three complaints. One is the radio. I bought the lower price on because the the upper priced one seemed to have a large screen that was really nothing more than a monitor for your phone. No GPS, no extra car data, no high def radio, no CD player, nothing. The lower priced one has a radio that looks to be difficult to change out. A very proprietary hole(s) in the dash take up a lot of space for no particular reason. I would have preferred a radio with a cd player(although I probably would not use it all that much), an aux, and a USB connector. Most car cd/radios have this. My last radio for $80.00 also had a sd card slot. Also the price of the car reflects the cost of having On Star tech already installed, even if you have no intention of using it you are still paying for it, because the price of the car has to reflect the cost of providing it. I'd rather get a few bucks off the car and not have the On Star already there. The last complaint is it has no engine temperature gauge. I still bought the car knowing about the radio and I still really like the car. Right price and I like the way it drives, rides, and looks. I just think GM could do a better job on some of the tech stuff. It's sad that a $50.00 Wal-Mart CD/radio would be a step up!"

Big Value Little Car! long island recommends!

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Excellent gas Mileage & overall value, very fun !"

Cons: "driver dashboard"

"review: Spark 2LT black granite (long island NY) thanks for looking, going from a jeep liberty 2002 (gas hog around 12mpg) to the chevy spark has been a great transition. this car will pay for itself is fuel economy. i will start with the exterior. Sporty and stylish with fairly decent paint quality. the 2LT wheels are very nice with a sporty design gives the car a nice look. this car looks great backed in the driveway. the chrome accents add a nice touch and fog lights work well and look nice, headlamps also look really nice with the black paint, gives good contrast.interior: my only small complaint is motorcycle dash, its kind of small, i would have preferred a "biult in dash" but it works and for me it is a very minor complaint. Deceivingly roomy, i am 6'1 185 lbs i fit well also arm rest was of no issue to me as others have complained, i have long arms though. leather is ok kind of a vinyl blend, doesnt smell bad to me, i kinda like it. seats are comfortable and form to me well, seat warmers work nicely on a cold day. all power windows locks zip tightly. switchblade key is really nice! the mylink is amazing, everything you want in smart phone world translates to your car. (google mylink to find out more) back seats are comfortable and i can fit ok. leather wrapped electronic steering has radio volume and control at finger tip (extremely useful and convenient) is very smooth. 10 airbags they are everywhere, by your knees ect.this car rides nice for a very small vehicle. with rising fuel costs small cars are the way to go. if you have read up to hear, go to dealership and try out. also go with 2lt if you have the little extra !"

I love my Spark!

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "GREAT value, color options, gas mileage"

Cons: "Engine can get a little bit loud."

"This was my very first four door vehicle! Many people don't realize it's a four door and has way more room on the inside than it looks like it does from the outside. I get many compliments on my car (especially due to it being Techno Pink)! I am not very good at parallel parking, but the Spark makes it so easy! Very nicely can fit in tight spaces. Great for highway driving. The engine can get a little loud, but it's a small car so that is to be expected. Runs great and gets EXCELLENT gas mileage! I drive 60 miles a day approximately and I only fill up once a week. I am a loyal Chevy customer and this car is absolutely wonderful! I really can't say enough good things about it."

Good For The Price Fun To Drive

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Good Gas Mileage, Cup Holders Plus Bottle Holders"

Cons: "Needs A Little More Pick-up"

"For The Price I Was Surprised By The Way It Handled. Yes, The Pick-up Is A Little Slow But It Isn't A Sports Car. I Traded My Lexus SUV, $65.00 Week Fuel Bill For $21.00 Every 10 Days. I Find It Hold's It Own On The Freeways. 4 Adults Fit Nicely In It Without Feeling Like A Can Of Sardines. The Interior Doesn't Look Like A Cheap Car. I Like Driving It Daily. If You Have A Teen I Would Highly Recommend It."

AMAZING

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "fun drive, lots of compliments, great gas milage"

Cons: "gas tank size, no passanger arm rest, pickup speed"

"This is my first car and I have had my car for about a week now. I bought the car with 5 miles on it and now have 500. This car is such a fun ride and gets great gas milage. The only not so good things so far it that it doesnt have an arm rest for the passanger, slow pick up speed, and how small the gas tank is. It holds about 10 gallons but i cant really complain with the distance i get out of it. I have no real issues on the highway and i LOVE the looks and compliments i get on my green spark. Over all its a GREAT car and will keep a smile on your face!"

Fun drive, great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pros: "Great price, great gas mileage, handles well, fun"

Cons: "AC not great sitting still, small side mirrors,"

"I bought my Spark about 6months ago. I absolutely love it. Fun to drive, handles great, and i have gotten tons of compliments on it. For a small car, it is roomy in the front seats. Back seats are somewhat small, but I have had four adults in for short drives several times with no problems at all. Just drove , one way, 400 miles to go on vacation with one person in back seat and she said it was more comfortable than the back seat of another larger vehicle that she had recently been in. I would definitely purchase again. I have seen reviews saying it has no acceleration, but again, for a small car I think it does great. Cargo space is plenty big for groceries and errands, but does not hold a lot of luggage. However, back seats do fold flat and you can fold both sides or just one. The AC does not blow very cold if sitting still in traffic. That has been my biggest complaint so far. Since I don't live in a area where I am in traffic to and from work, that has not been a big issue."

Love the little thing!

By on Monday, February 18, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mileage, doesn't feel small"

Cons: "Blowing around in the wind."

"I bought this car on a whim. I had a Tahoe and was getting tired of paying $1200.00 of fuel bills every month. I didn't trade in the Tahoe right away just in case... Well I love this car. It is really fun to drive and can cruise down the interstate at 70 no problem. It is not good in the wind or near semi trucks. If you remember you are driving a tiny car and are careful. It's great. The interior is spacious so you forget you are as small as you are. Gas mileage is great. I giggle every time I fill it up. Costs less than buying lunch and I can go over 300 miles on 9 gallons of fuel. The only improvement they could make is add AWD. It would kill the mileage but I can dream. I LOVE my Spark."

Great First car.

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "great gas mileage! turns on a dime!"

Cons: "no spare tire."

"I must admit at first this is one small car. But the gas mileage is worth the price you pay for this car because I get anywhere from 38-40 mpg I was amazed! Ever heard looks can be deceiving its true with this car the from the outside it looks small but If your a college student you have all the room you need. It drives great I went from a truck to this car and I admit it was a adjustment. Handles great in the rain to and on clear days as well. I recently had the chance to drive this car on snow and ice. I was again surprised by this car. by any means it would not be my vehicle of choice when it comes to driving in the snow but it did well. The roads the were closed when I was out in that mess was a headache but do to the sparks small size I was able to turn around on these closed roads with ease. it was a good four inches of snow and ice on the road that day and I made it to where I was going. Now how it handles on anymore then that I would not know. But the traction control system the spark uses did not engage that day so I Imagine it could go through a whole lot worse. The front wheel drive help greatly that day. I give this car two thumbs up and hey its a four door! I have decided to buy another spark once I get this one paid for I hear the 2014 fully electric but if they come out with a hybrid that's the one for me. I absolutely love my spark and If you buy one I think you will two."

Best car for the money!

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, very cost effective"

Cons: "NONE!"

"I have driven this car over 8,000 miles and it by far will exceed your expectations. The technology is right on par with todays standard. The MPG I've gotten is higher than the EPA's estimate of 38, over the lifetime of those 8,000 miles I've gotten 41MPG!"

Saved a Life

By on Thursday, December 06, 2012

Pros: "great price, great protection, cute!"

Cons: "no power locks"

"This car, although it may look deceiving, as in protection because it's such a tiny vehicle, withstood the damage and protected the driver from a T-Bone collision with a Ram 2500 Truck towing a camper. All of the air bags were deployed instantly and protected the driver from the side impact. OnStar called immediately after the collision and dispatched the police/ambulance. This car was totalled, but we're planning on buying the same exact car to replace it. Cheap price for excellent quality!"

Very impressive car for the money;cool touchscreen

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Value, features, build quality, fuel efficiency"

Cons: "lackluster acceleration"

"I only went to test drive this car and I expected to be underimpressed with just about every aspect. Well, I was very surprised that this car impressed me in just about every way. The interior fit and finish is amazing and the materials inside and out are of a very high quality for any automaker. I was equally impressed with the under the hood design and look. especially for a domestic automaker; it was neat and on par with Toyota and Honda for appeal. The acceleration is a bit lackluster but let's get real, for 40+ MPG (as I experienced myself on a very long test drive) this car is designed to be a commuter and not an indy car. The 7" LCD color touchscreen that controls most features is amazing for a vehicle in this class and in many higher classes for that matter. I currently own a 2011 Honda Civic Si (which I love) and I am every bit as much impressed with the Chevy Spark but for different reasons of course. While I am in no way considering trading my 2011 civic in, I am strongly considering purchasing this green Chevy Spark and keeping the Civic for a weekend fun car. Please note that as impressed with this car, I am not able to attest to it's reliabilty as I have no data to support such, but from the build quality, I would say that reliabilty is going to be rather impressive and above par for a vehicle in this segment."

Excellent value

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

Pros: "value for price, gas mileage, easy to maneuver,"

Cons: "??"

"We have had our eye on a Spark ever since renting one up in Oregon and getting 44 MPG driving around town and some highway (in an automatic!). We did not expect to purchase until later this year, however, we found a deal we could not refuse @ $3000 off retail. We bought a 5-speed LS for about $10,850 out the door including tax & license. It has been just over a month and we have traveled all over the state to LA, through Yosemite, and over to Reno. On our first tank, we averaged 39 MPG and were thrilled. The next tank yielded 42 MPG... the next 47 MPG... and so on. It just keeps getting better and better with the most recent tankful delivering 54 MPG - loaded with three adults and overnight luggage. Sure, the vehicle is not luxury (we went from a Mercedes to this car) but there is plenty of room for a pleasant trip, the base model comes with air conditioning and power windows, the reliability has already been proven in Europe and Asia, and the cost was comparable to a good used car. With the 5-year warranty, it was a no-brainer to go ahead and purchase our Spark. This car will get pushed around on the freeway by strong cross-winds and large trucks. We have countered this trouble by installing air tabs atop the rear spoiler. For running regular errands and shopping, etc., we will go from spending about $25 a week in fuel to about $25 a month. The only thing I miss about my Mercedes is the sunroof."

Very suprising little car

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Pros: "Great little car"

"This is my first brand new car. I've taken it over in eastern Oregon. It did very well crossing the mountain ranges. Average around town milage is 34 on the longer trips it got around 43 mpg. The interor is bigger than what the outside of the car looks like it could be. Can sit 4 adults comfortable. I would highly recomend this car to anyone looking for a good value."

Great value for the dollar, would buy again.

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Gas milage, can park anywhere."

Cons: "Really struggles with hills."

"Bought this car about six months ago as my daily commuter for work. I have been very impressed with how much this has saved me in gas every week. I sit in traffic going home, and have to go uphill (which it struggles with) going to work, and I still average 36.5 to 39.2 MPG every tank. It's very comfortable for my 6'4" frame to fit in, I have the seat as high as it can go and I still have plenty of headroom. As to be expected, its not great with acceleration or going up hills. However, if you are looking for a car that will get incredible gas mileage and can park almost anywhere, I would highly recommend this car."

I love this car every day!

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Price, interior, fuel efficiency"

Cons: "Minor blind spot"

"The interior of this car is very comfortable and spacious for how small the car looks from the outside. More importantly, the interior is very durable compared to other cars I've owned. That's important to me because I beat up cars a lot with the things I have to put in them. I feel like I'm driving a durable truck but it's just a 1 or a 1.2 L engine! You put $10 of gas in it and it almost fills up half the tank and that's all you need to put in it for 3 or 4 days, driving around the city! The hatchback causes a pesky blind spot when you're merging with traffic from the left but it's not so bad that you feel less safe the more that you drive it. You get used to it. Aside from that, it handles well, it's reliable and although it looks small from the outside, every day, there's more that I find that will fit into it!"

Great overall car for the money

By on Monday, November 05, 2012

Pros: "Nicely equipped for the money, easy to park"

Cons: "Slow acceleration"

"For only 12,000, this car is awesome! The Spark is comfortable with plenty of space and fulfills the practical purposes of most drivers. Moreover, the Spark comes with power windows and an AUX port standard for the base model. I also feel safe in the Spark, which is saying something since it is a small car. On the freeway, the car feels solid. However, as many have said, the acceleration is pretty weak. However, I get 37.5 mpg in mostly city driving, which outweighs the lackluster acceleration."

Follow up--1200 miles later

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, handling, design and value"

Cons: "Highway merging"

"Got great mileage on a long highway trip--over 42mpg driving 68mph for 6 hours. Did get a little cramped--had to stop and stretch frequently. Still loving this car, the smooth manual shifting, the hill assist and all the other minor details are great. Still very fun to drive, wonderful in tight parking (I'm a city dweller). there's something very basic and satisfying about driving this around town and on my commute out to the suburbs. It does become a little tricky when needing quick acceleration for merging onto the highway--this is my only real complaint. At this point my overall average gas consumption is 36.2 mpg."

I BOUGHT A SPARK 1LT FOR FUEL ECOMONY, AND PRICE.

By on Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pros: "ROOMY ,FUN TO DRIVE,GREAT ON GAS, NOT ELECTRIC"

Cons: "I WISH THEY WOULD OFFER MUD FLAPS"

"WHEN YOU GET IN MY NEW SPARK IAM STILL AMAZED HOW SPORTY AND WELL EQUIPT IT IS FOR THE MONEY. THE RIDE AND DRIVING IS VERY FUN. IAM VERY SUPRISED HOW IT HANDLED ON THE HIGHWAY WITH THE TRUCKS, IT DIDNT BLOW ME OVER FOR BEING A SMALL CAR (STILBITY TRACK) WORKS GREAT,AND IT DOESNT FEEL CHEEP AT ALL. LOVE ALL THE SAFETY OPTIONS. BELIEVE ME I SHOPPED AROUND AND NOTHING COMPARES TO THE SPARK. O BY THE WAY FUEL ECONONANY I AVERAGE 38 CITY 44 HWY.(THE BEST VALUE FOR THE DOLLAR) FINALLY GM..."

Love it!

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "great price, roomy, easy to steer"

Cons: "acceleration, stiff ride"

"I rented one in Florida. The more I drove it, the more I loved it. So I ditched the Subaru Outback for this fun car. I got the pink one. Loved the electronic steering. My arms are weak. It makes it much easier to turn than power steering. I get 35 mpg in the city. The suspension is stiff(my town has terrible roads)and the acceleration on the highway takes longer than a car with a larger engine. You just have to plan for it. Everything else is wonderfully thought out. The car will teach me to be a more fuel efficient driver. The hatchback is easier for me to close than other cars. It has nice storage hidden behind the seats."

Fun, Economical Little Car to Drive - Love It!

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "GREAT gas mileage, Zippy Tranny, Smooth Steering"

Cons: "No keyless entry, back seats don't fold flat"

"I just bought my Spark a few weeks ago and I have to say I absolutely love it. I drive apx 40 miles each way to work, 5 days a week, so I spend a fair amount of time in my car. I got the 5 speed LS model and I am AVERAGING 40.4 miles per gallon!! I am NOT shifting like an old lady, I run 65 & 70 on sections of my route to work, and I don't use premium gasoline, just regular unleaded. I am so pleased with this little car's performance. The ONLY thing I can think of that kept me from giving it a 10 out of 10 for everything is that I REALLY wish they had included keyless entry in this model and I wish the back seat would fold down FLAT (the seat belts are in the way and not moveable) I have already hauled 6 foot sections of 2x8's and 8 bags of soil to build a flower bed and it fit with no problem. People keep confusing it for a 2 door or a Smart Car and I love telling them "NO, Actually its a CHEVY" ! Having the time of my life with this little car.... Thanks Chevrolet!"

The Best Car I Ever Bought

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, fuel economy, easy to park"

Cons: "no CD, no USB"

"I bought this car on March 2013. I drove 45 miles round trip daily from home to work in I-35 highway. The manual transmission gives you more power than automatic. I enjoy it very much. Easy to park, no blind spot, very fuel economy because my full tank of gas will give me 10 days (depends on the way you drive). If you asked my how I get 10 days before I refuel, the answer is drive smart and you can put it in Neutral gear and switch back to 5th or 4th or any gear you want as long you know what gear would it be and just enjoy the ride. I used the vehicle mainly for work every weekdays and the cost of full tank is around $20 to $25 the 89 grade fuel. The wind is not a problem at all in the highway even when big Truck is passing by, as in no problem at all (there is a trick when driving and following a truck and save more fuel, it's an aerodynamics). Snow, no problem because I never stock during the snow day, all you need is just shake your steering wheel to get a grip on your wheel and just put it on gear 1. Safety, lot's of AirBag and just be alert because even if you drive very safe, some drivers don't. Just recently while watching the news, only Chevrolet Spark is acceptable in IIHS compare Fiat 500, Ford Fiesta, Honda Fit, Nissan Versa, Toyota Prius C and Toyota Yaris. Wow, I couldn't believed it. I never expect the best purchased I've done. The price is way cheaper than any small car competitor. If you're looking for an enjoyable ride and fun, try Spark and it gives you more bang for your buck. The only thing that I don't like is No CD and No USB because I didn't bought the top model. I bought the Manual and Base but you there is an Audio slot where you can connect an Stereo Audio Cable from your phone."

Lovin' my Spark !!!

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "price is right, fun, cute, storage and smooth ride"

Cons: "hmmm.. can't think of any"

"I traded a large SUV for this amazing little awesome car !! I am getting 38 mpg's LIFETIME average so far. I have been in the NC mountains and driven to Tennessee, too. Great smooth ride !! Way more room than any of the competition !! LOVE the Radio !! Playin' my Pandora and even can view movies and pictures on it (only in the Park gear, for safety) Syncs with your iPhone and puts all audio on the 6 speaker system !! Love the 10 air bags,too !! I feel very safe driving it, even after my Trailblazer !! Can't beat the price for that size car class !! Yay for Chevy to give us a fun,cute option to choose other than a foreign car !!"

The car is paying for itself !!

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Price, Gas Mileage, parking, sportscar handling"

Cons: "no cruise control on my model"

Love my little Shrekmobile !!

"I was paying $80 a week for gas in my Dakota. Gas for this $12000 car is always less than $30. That means I have a new vehicle that pays for itself in fuel savings. I have the Shrek green LT model with Manual transmission. Since it is manual transmission, handling hills and acceleration to highway speeds (70 mph) is good. A Manual transmission is more work though for your right hand and left leg. The model I have doesn't have Cruise control. So, this demotes it to a local "get to work and back car". Presently, the gas mileage indicator says we are getting almost 35 mpg. I have heard that increases once the engine is broken in. Parking is a breeze since the car is only 12 feet long and the turning radius is fantastic. We set up OnStar and got the 300 phone minutes for $10. This is true hands free calling. The aux jack is great. I plug in my MP3 player and listen to books to and from work. The car is roomier than one would expect. The front seats are very adjustable. Being a small car everything is within easy reach. The headlights go on when the car starts, which is a good safety feature. This is the best investment I have made in a few years!"

Love my little Shrekmobile !!