2014 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $11,845 - $12,198.

8.4

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

It was the best value and love to drive it.

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage fun driving"

Cons: "Not for a big family fits a family of 4 great"

"I love the gas mileage and the hands free my link on the spark . The spark has the power I need when I need it. I have plenty of room for my shopping (i grocery shop for 8) and still have room. My girls love the XM and pluging in their iPod."

Great car if the A/C worked

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Great economy, fun to drive,MyLink,heated seats"

Cons: "Weak A/C,interior scratches easily,"

"I love my spark but the A/C system is weak at best. It has been back to the dealer 2 times and it still doesnt work as it should. I was told by GM that they are "working on a fix" but how long must we wait? Not at all what I was expecting when buying a brand new car. Other than the A/C issue I love the car."

GREAT purchase, would buy again!!!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "MPG, seat comfort/driving position, roomy, fun"

Cons: "CVT is jerky/hesitates at times, radio sound"

"Actually looking at the Sonic, and kept hesitating as it just was not a "fun" car to me. Thought the Spark would be too small, but salesman (luckily) pulled one around to drive. One test drive and I was SOLD! PROS: Very roomy inside, the driver's seat is comfortable for me with my bad back; a rarity anymore! Seats high enough for my 94 y.o. mother to easily enter and exit. FUN to drive!!! Scoots around nicely, takes turns well-planted and with glee. Touch-screen audio is awesome, OnStar is there (just in case), back split seats fold mostly flat (another rarity anymore!), MPG is averaging a wonderful 39.4 in mixed suburban and city driving (little to no hwy). Nice paint job, alloy wheels standard, sporty interior that does not look cheap, love the iridescent glow of the HVAC knobs at night! Has Bluetooth, but no voice recognition, but with the large touchscreen, it's not needed. (Had a car with the Ford Sync voice and it NEVER worked right and was a pain... this system is WAY BETTER!). Cons: The CVT transmission is, like most CVT's I've driven (Sentra, Suzuki SX4) quirky and not good for immediate speed. Lags at heavy throttle, but you just need to learn how to control that with more gradual pressure on accelerator rather than flooring it. The a/c, so far, is o.k., but will see when HOT, HUMID Florida summer comes along! It is noisy and rides firmly, but hey, it's a little car... so that is to be expected (hate when people compare this car to, like, a compact sedan... it's comparing apples to oranges). Radio has so-so sound at best... needs optional upgrade (like a Bose system... WOW!) Overall... I would HIGHLY recommend this car. I can buy two Sparks for the price of one SUV! Drive one and see for yourself. Everyone has their own opinion and preferences... I loved my old Chevy Metro, so to me, this is a spunky, fun, roomy, and tech saavy little bugger! And SAFER!!!! (see IIHS crash test ratings)"

great car

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "torquey motor, 4 doors, quite 15" rims"

Cons: "none yet"

"The spark is new but i do love it so far, i have the ls with manual and cruise added. the motor is suprisingly tight and alot more torque than i expected. set the cuise at 35 in 5th gear and it hold even on hills with ease. at 75 it runs the same rev's as my old saturn did. i live in mn so the heat is still on and it will make the car a sauna if you let it. the hill assist on the manual is great, gives you plenty of time to get the throtle on and clutch out."

Don't listen to consumer reports

By on Monday, June 15, 2015

Pros: "Great price, crash test and milage"

Cons: "Noisy , small"

"As indicated by consumer reports this car is noisy. However, they are wrong about the mileage, I consistently get 40 mpg. I love the interior design and everyone except my 6 ft. 4 inch son- in- law Is comfortable in it. I was pleasantly surprised by the pick up, I merge into interstates easily. I wish that chevrolet would offer pandora. My 12 year old granddaughter is pleased with radio though and we can plug the IPhone's in and play songs on the cloud. I chose ths model to pass down to teenagers, good crash tests , easily visible and limited passengers."