2014 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $11,772 - $12,131.

8.4

Based on 115 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Great value for the money on a new car

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Price, value, gas mileage , easy to drive."

Cons: "no power door locks on the LS, but did you?"

"Bought a demo 2014 Spark for our daughters first car, got the car with 4200 miles on it ,but was never titled and was in the Chevy Showroom. Got the car for 10, 500. We put a little down payment and made it affordable for her to make car payments and learn what life is really about to own a car. With a 3 year, 30,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and free maintenance for 2 years, getting a new car she can take to any Chevy Dealership it was a no brainer. Perfect first car for a teen in school and going to collage. So far so good with no complaints.She Uses 89 octane to get over 40 MPG on the HWY."

Nice car for city, but....

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, convient, lots of storage."

Cons: "Long distance bad, shakes over 65 mph"

"While I have ben driving this car for almost a year, I now wish I had chosen a better vehicle. It's great in warm weather, flat surfaces, low speeds, and no wind. But I live in rural MN where weather is a significant daily life. Winters are harsh, winds are strong, and the Spark has much to be desired in adverse conditions."

This is the biggest bang for your auto buck ...

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

"I now have 13000 miles on this Spark with excellent performance under all conditions.including Pennsylvania pot hole roads ... Have read of some criticisms on this site which I have found to be totally false .. I have a stick model and get nearly 45 miles per gallon using Mobil 1 . 0W-20W synthetic oil.. I have driven more than a million miles in the last 30 years and this is one of the best cars I ever owned , out of about 15..... 4 cylinder front wheel drives.. Excellent bargain priced nice AUTO...I am very pleased with .."

great car for the money

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "price, zippy, great handling, MPG"

Cons: "speakers, A/C issue"

"I dont see how it could get any better for the money purchasing and maintaining this car. This is the first new car that I have bought. I bought it cause I travel 100 miles round trip for work. I average 40 mpg. 85% Highway. There are some reviews about this car being unstable at highway speeds, I think the car seems very stable up to about 80mph. I usually travel speed limit of 65 to 70. Recently went on vacation in this and car did extremely well. I had to avoid falling rock and went the the smokey mountains and car handled great. Avg MPG for the entire trip was 42. Best tank average was 46. Complaints: the factory speakers are horrible, the A/C at idle doesn't seem to be very cold at times."

I have had this car for 15 months

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "gas mileage"

Cons: "breaks down a lot and has recall after recall"

"This car has recall after recall has been a nightmare. The gas mileage is good and that is about it. I have had issues where the car wont shift or go and i take it to the dealer over and over and they always say there is no fault codes. The check engine light comes on when the problems start however you have to shut the car off and restart it just to move it out of the road and of course with all chevys restarting the car clears the codes so when the dealer finally gets it there is no code for them to see and the just give me the car back and say we cant find a problem.dont buy it."