• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2014 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $12,255 - $12,496.

Based on 86 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

The car is paying for itself !!

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Price, Gas Mileage, parking, sportscar handling"

Cons: "no cruise control on my model"

Love my little Shrekmobile !!

"I was paying $80 a week for gas in my Dakota. Gas for this $12000 car is always less than $30. That means I have a new vehicle that pays for itself in fuel savings. I have the Shrek green LT model with Manual transmission. Since it is manual transmission, handling hills and acceleration to highway speeds (70 mph) is good. A Manual transmission is more work though for your right hand and left leg. The model I have doesn't have Cruise control. So, this demotes it to a local "get to work and back car". Presently, the gas mileage indicator says we are getting almost 35 mpg. I have heard that increases once the engine is broken in. Parking is a breeze since the car is only 12 feet long and the turning radius is fantastic. We set up OnStar and got the 300 phone minutes for $10. This is true hands free calling. The aux jack is great. I plug in my MP3 player and listen to books to and from work. The car is roomier than one would expect. The front seats are very adjustable. Being a small car everything is within easy reach. The headlights go on when the car starts, which is a good safety feature. This is the best investment I have made in a few years!"

Love my little Shrekmobile !!

An Honest Review

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

""I bought my Chevy Spark in February of 2013. It's the Jalapeno LS Automatic model. The Chevy Spark is my first car. I became fond of small cars after driving a friends Fiat 500 for a day. I wanted a small car that was good on gas but also needed a car that would fit a baby seat or a child in the back seat being my girlfriend and I discovered she was pregnant during the car buying process. I had test drove a Spark a few month prior to buying one and was really surprised at how well the car handled, rode, and performed for being so small. Being that I had drove other small cars and knew I had to have a back seat, so the Fiat 500 and Scion iQ were out of the question. I ended up getting the Spark and I haven't regretted it yet. It's a great little car. If you read reviews from car websites they'd have you think this car is horrible, it's not!! The car rides great, does it get bumpy on the high way, yes, but not unbearable like they make it sound! The interior is great, my only complaint is that the plastic panels scratch easy. The car steers great and is like driving a big go-kart, it handles very well. I believe the estimated gas for this car is listed wrong at 32/38mpg. The car will never dip under 30mpg even going 75-85mph. The car's sweet spot seems to be 50-65mph, the gas mileage soars at these speeds, 40-44mpg easily! This car gets really good gas mileage! It has never cost more then $30 to fill, normally around $25 being it only gas a 9 gallon tank. The seating is pretty comfortable and you can fit 4 adults in the car. It can be tight for the person sitting behind the driver but it's not bad as long as your not driving longer than 1 hour or so. I live in Indiana so I've had the chance to drive it in the snow. To my surprise the car performs pretty well in snow so no worries there. For 84HP it's not to bad, on some very steep hills it will struggle a little but no where near as bad as I thought! There's not much cargo room but trips to the grocery store will be fine so long as you don't take 4 people along and can use the back seats for storage. So far the Spark has been a really good car for me! If you go in not expecting Cadillac like quality then you will get a lot of value out of this car. I really think value and performance wise it easily beats the Scion iQ and Fiat 500. If you want a small car that's good on gas, runs good, can fit friends and family when needed, and will get you to where you need to go, there's no better choice than a Spark. It's a great car!!"

The Import Killer Returns!!

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Price, Fuel economy, styling, tech equipment, size"

Cons: "slow acceleration, cargo capacity w/ seats up"

"I had the opportunity to drive a Spark recently and was impressed. My initial impression was the next Metro (based on it's size and price) but I couldn't be farther from the truth. The Spark is tiny with an overall length of 144" but thanks to it's well laid out interior it has a surprising amount of interior room. I'm 6'3" and can easily fit up front and even in the back. The only big con is the cargo space with the seats up is really small but who combines double dates and IKEA runs? The Mylink radio is an answer to a tech lover's prayer. The stock speakers are good but heavy bass is fuzzy. Acceleration is adequate for a car with only 84 hp but the fun colors and fuel economy easily make up for that. In town the Spark has no superior and is a snap to park. On the highway the Spark holds its own with ease and maintains highway speeds rather well. Based on the Spark's on board fuel economy computer I averaged 35mpg mixed driving and had a top mpg of 47. For those who want a more earth friendly car the Spark is also 85% recyclable! Overall the Spark is an excellent sub-compact that is a functional, tech savvy, commuter car that is a good choice for people who have a small budget or even for those who do not want to spend a small fortune on a hybrid. Definitely my next car!"

Excellent car for the price

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

Pros: "Attractive, well-equipped, great price"

Cons: "Would have preferred 6 speed auto."

"My wife drives the techno pink version. Actually, color description is deceptive. Fairly subdued pink. She loves it. It is an automatic, LT trim. Very well equipped. Surprisingly roomy inside. I am 6 foot, 200 pounds, fit fine in front, even in back I am ok. While interior is not plush, it is attractive. 4 hour drive on highway was comfortable, not very noisy, and handled well. She averages around 38 miles per gallon with about half her time commuting in the highway. Only complaint, and minor to us, is acceleration. But more than adequate to get up and going on the highway. I've only had it to 85, performed fine at that speed. Size makes it absolutely perfect in the city. Great turning radius, certainly no problem parking. Have about 10,000 miles in 6 months, no problems at all. I think we were out the door for 14,000, hard to beat. I am probably going to buy the manual version this summer. Maybe not pink:)"

Fun car and a good value!

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Price and fun to drive"

Cons: "None. Great car for the money."

"2013 SL2, Denim Blue, 5 speed manual This is a great little car. 35 miles to the gallon average. I would definitely recommend at least the SL1, so that there are enough bells and whistles on the inside to keep you comfy. This is the first car that I said I want everything I can get on it! The manual transmissions are rare. So much more fun than the automatic."

See if you qualify for