2014 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $12,093 - $12,366.

Based on 98 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great value in a small price

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "great price great gas milage nice avalable options"

Cons: "small size, small horse power"

I love saving money in Pink!

"Great gas mileage. The pink definitely turns heads. Great value for the money. It was the cheapest new car I could find that was not cheaply made. I love my Spark however it is only a 4 person vehicle and is not for every body. Merging on the express way with only 84 horse power takes planning and skill, but it is really easy to park, anywhere. Lots of cup holders! (my old car had none) I like the steering wheel controls for the radio and phone."

I love saving money in Pink!

Not Bad.

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "Price, reliability, fuel mileage, fun to drive."

Cons: "Small outside mirrors, A/C rather weak."

"For the money, not a bad car. Gas mileage is great and better than the EPA estimates. Handles good, great brakes. Precise 5 speed manual transmission. Fairly quiet car. Seems to be built well, so far no issues with the car. Two complaints. The outside mirrors are way to small and the A/C could be stronger. Other than that, a decent little car although it certainly does not seem to hold its value."

Great car for local driving

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Cheap to buy and operate"

Cons: "The engine works to hard to put on the interstate"

"This is a fun car that is very inexpensive. I am actually averaging 40.6 MPG. I do not drive it on the HWY. My average speed is probably around 40 MPH. The 5 speed transmission is geared to low for 65 MPH and the fuel average falls. The engine is turning over 3200 rpm. If you need a car that is good and cheap around town, this car will get the job done. If you are looking for something to drive a long commute, this car is probably not your best choice."

Decent for the price.

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "Great gas miles, easy to handle, cheap,"

Cons: "cabin noise, slow to accelerate, suspension"

"This is my first brand new car. It's aesthetically pleasing, good on gas, reasonably priced, but it is not a luxury car. Seats are very firm and can be a bit uncomfortable. There is a lot of cabin noise when you go over 30 miles an hour. you feel every bump on the road. The engine is very small and it take a lot accelerate. the A/C is decent, although it has a strange smell to it sometimes. Weird I know. It's fine for a first car. Now I know what to look for when I buying my next car."

Hate it

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

Pros: "Great gas milage."

Cons: "Falls apart every time it hits a bump."

"This is the worst vehicle ever! The engine has fell out of it several times. It has caused me nothing but trouble. I have been stranded several times on the side of the road because of this car! DON'T GET ONE!!"

GREAT CAR

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Pros: "EASY TO DRIVE, COMFORTABLE TO SIT IN GREAT STEREO"

Cons: "NEEDS ANOTHER ARMREST AND BETTER SUSPENSION"

"I LOVE MY SPARK. EVERYONE IS ALWAYS ASKING ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT IS THE TECHNO PINK ONE. IT'S EASY TO DRIVE AND EASY TO GET INTO AND THAT'S GOOD FOR ME BECAUSE I HAVE PHYSICAL LIMITATION. THE ONLY THING I WISH IT HAD WAS A BETTER ARM REST ON THE DRIVERS SIDE AND ALSO AN ARMREST ON THE PASSENGER SIDE. ALSO IT NEEDS MUCH BETTER SUSPENSION IT GETS GREAT MILEAGE AND OVERALL I AM VERY HAPPY WITH IT. AS I SAID AT FIRST I LOVE MY CAR"

Worst vehicle I've ever owned

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Easy to park"

Cons: "Everything else"

"This car, much like any economy car doesn't have enough power to get out of its own way, but unlike others in this class, it is geared improperly for anything over 50 mph. On the interstate, the car drones at about 3750 rpm. The road noise is ridiculous, the steering is numb, and the seats are uncomfortable. The cabin is filled with cheap, hard plastics that make trash cans seem luxurious. Also, unless you want the dash to be scratched, don't own a dog that enjoys car rides."

Great value for the money on a new car

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Price, value, gas mileage , easy to drive."

Cons: "no power door locks on the LS, but did you?"

"Bought a demo 2014 Spark for our daughters first car, got the car with 4200 miles on it ,but was never titled and was in the Chevy Showroom. Got the car for 10, 500. We put a little down payment and made it affordable for her to make car payments and learn what life is really about to own a car. With a 3 year, 30,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and free maintenance for 2 years, getting a new car she can take to any Chevy Dealership it was a no brainer. Perfect first car for a teen in school and going to collage. So far so good with no complaints.She Uses 89 octane to get over 40 MPG on the HWY."

This is the biggest bang for your auto buck ...

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

"I now have 13000 miles on this Spark with excellent performance under all conditions.including Pennsylvania pot hole roads ... Have read of some criticisms on this site which I have found to be totally false .. I have a stick model and get nearly 45 miles per gallon using Mobil 1 . 0W-20W synthetic oil.. I have driven more than a million miles in the last 30 years and this is one of the best cars I ever owned , out of about 15..... 4 cylinder front wheel drives.. Excellent bargain priced nice AUTO...I am very pleased with .."

Two Sparks in the family with manual transmissions

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "everything it does it does well, instrumentation"

Cons: "back seats don't fold flat"

"We bought one new and 10 months later found a used one. They both have manual trannies. The biggest knock I read about the Spark is acceleration. The 5 speed manual resolves that issue. If you want one, you will probably have to test drive an automatic, then hound your dealer until he can locate a stick. They are hard to find. When we bought the new one I had three dealerships competing and it took three days before one was found. For the used one I had to drive 170 miles to Chicago for the closest used one on the market. Was worth the drive."

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "ac"

"took family trip to Tennessee great gas mileage moved right along only complaint was ac but just received a recall on ac very happy with car had a lot of compliments"

Perfect for the price (LS automatic)

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "Fuel-efficient and sporty-looking for little $"

Cons: "needs mid-grade gas to avoid sputters"

"Sparky is the perfect car for me. I commute 130 miles round trip--half highway, half city--and average 41 mpg combined. When I first bought it, the car sputtered a bit climbing up out of underground parking garages and accelerating up steep on-ramps. Now, I feed it mid-grade gas and have no problems whatsoever, easily hitting 70 before I have to merge with interstate traffic. I have had no trouble cruising at 80 mph, as long as it isn't too windy. But with strong gusts at high speeds, it's Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (fun and not too scary). Rides high, so I don't feel like I'm in a tiny car. I love that it can U-turn in a narrow street or tight parking lot. Color options are odd, but salsa red looks sporty, and no one believes I bought it new for only $12,000. The rear seats fold down to create more cargo space, but my bike doesn't fit. However, I have strapped a 10-ft kayak on the roof to drive 8 blocks to the river--giving onlookers a good laugh."

Great commuter, A-B reliable vehicle

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

"Great car for what its made for. Commuting. Also great if you like to be debt free... under $15000 for a new vehicle is a great bargain."

BEST CAR !!! DON'T WORRY ABOUT SAFETY!!!

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "great gas millage, very safe, great features"

"I love this car..... Im 5'4 so this is the perfect size for me. It looks small on the outside but its roomy on the inside. I could fit 3 grown men plus me driving in the spark and no one rubbed elbows. I also have two kids and they love the car too. Car seats fit great in the spark. The initial kick off of the car is a little slow due to the 4 cyl but once you get it up it gets moving quick(good for lead foots). DON'T WORRY ABOUT SAFETY!!!I recently got into a car accident in the spark and 2 of 10 airbags deployed after being hit on the front passengers side(not at fault accident). The steering wheel and lower leg air bags went off even though i was hit on the opposite side of the car. Im going to replace my wrecked spark with a new one because i love it so much. Plus filling it for under $30 rocks! Your gas is safe too! The only way to open the gas tank is a lever by the drivers foot! So no sugar in the tank(for teens or angry exs)and no siphoning :)"

great car for the money

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "price, zippy, great handling, MPG"

Cons: "speakers, A/C issue"

"I dont see how it could get any better for the money purchasing and maintaining this car. This is the first new car that I have bought. I bought it cause I travel 100 miles round trip for work. I average 40 mpg. 85% Highway. There are some reviews about this car being unstable at highway speeds, I think the car seems very stable up to about 80mph. I usually travel speed limit of 65 to 70. Recently went on vacation in this and car did extremely well. I had to avoid falling rock and went the the smokey mountains and car handled great. Avg MPG for the entire trip was 42. Best tank average was 46. Complaints: the factory speakers are horrible, the A/C at idle doesn't seem to be very cold at times."

Avoid

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

I don't own this car

"Many Spark owners on various forums are reporting multiple issues with their virtually brand-new Sparks, including engine trouble needing replacement engines, engines burning quarts of oil weekly, air conditioner problems (not getting cold), etc. Look elsewhere."

Get best value for your bucks

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Great value, great gas milage, fun & smooth drivin"

Cons: "low pick up, not enough cigarette charges"

"I've owned for well over year and I'm extremely happy so far. It's a great 4-door, 4 seater car. Very comfortable and roomy. Pick up is less compared to my other car but great on gas. Also has good trunk space too for a small car."

Good Value, good buy, tiny car

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Great price, great mpg, fun and safe, airbags"

Cons: "City Mpg isn't that great, Tiny(good and bad)"

"This is my first car that I actually have bought new and undoubtedly it was a great choice. No buyers remorse even after an accident took it away from me for a couple weeks. This car gets great gas mileage, easily navigates cities and is a breeze to park. A little terrifying on the highway, since the blind spot is pretty bad, but it definitely keeps you awake. That or the option to call anyone from your smartphone anytime over your speaker system will keep you up for those long drives! My cross country drive I averaged about 40 mpg, so those highway estimates are right on. Overall an enjoyable car, that does what it says it will do."

good car for those on a budget

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "good on gas"

Cons: "not much power small motor"

"I went to lithia Chevrolet in redding ca expecting to buy a new equinox, but I ended up with a Spark instead. it's a good car for people on a budget, gets around 40 mpg on the freeway and is pretty roomy for a small 4 door hatchback. just don't expect to be racing muscle cars or catching up to them because this car has a very small 1.2 liter underpowered motor. seems to be dependable so far, the only complaint I really have is the power, they should of put a turbo or supercharger on this car, merging onto the freeway is slow only about 45 miles per hour and going up hills is about 55 mph."

Very practical and affordable car

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Affordable, Fun to Drive, decent amount space"

"I use this car mostly for commuting around town and it's perfect for that. I average 42mpg with the 5 speed and it is a lot of fun to drive. The hatchback gives plenty of room for almost everything I need to move. The only complaint I have is that it revs kinda high on the highway (3200rpm @ 65mph in 5th gear)"

Cons: "none yet"

"The spark is new but i do love it so far, i have the ls with manual and cruise added. the motor is suprisingly tight and alot more torque than i expected. set the cuise at 35 in 5th gear and it hold even on hills with ease. at 75 it runs the same rev's as my old saturn did. i live in mn so the heat is still on and it will make the car a sauna if you let it. the hill assist on the manual is great, gives you plenty of time to get the throtle on and clutch out."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next