2014 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $11,772 - $12,131.

Based on 117 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

BEST CAR !!! DON'T WORRY ABOUT SAFETY!!!

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "great gas millage, very safe, great features"

"I love this car..... Im 5'4 so this is the perfect size for me. It looks small on the outside but its roomy on the inside. I could fit 3 grown men plus me driving in the spark and no one rubbed elbows. I also have two kids and they love the car too. Car seats fit great in the spark. The initial kick off of the car is a little slow due to the 4 cyl but once you get it up it gets moving quick(good for lead foots). DON'T WORRY ABOUT SAFETY!!!I recently got into a car accident in the spark and 2 of 10 airbags deployed after being hit on the front passengers side(not at fault accident). The steering wheel and lower leg air bags went off even though i was hit on the opposite side of the car. Im going to replace my wrecked spark with a new one because i love it so much. Plus filling it for under $30 rocks! Your gas is safe too! The only way to open the gas tank is a lever by the drivers foot! So no sugar in the tank(for teens or angry exs)and no siphoning :)"

Love this car - Great gas mileage

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive, stylish!"

Cons: "Need to get used to clutch for power"

"I absolutely love this car. When I test drove it I was a little concerned about the get up and go but after buying it and getting it out there, I just needed to figure out the clutch a little. If you hit it wrong, there is absolutely no power at all but all is good now. I filled up today for the first time since the dealership and got 39 mpg on the first tank which really surprised me - it took 8.795 gallons and it cost me $31.65!!! It got 350 miles to the tank which is way more than my last vehicle that got 17 mpg and only about 300 miles to the tank. This model shows me the gas mileage which was only 34.5 mpg but I calculate manually anyway. It also shows me how many miles until I have to fill up. I love the smartphone sync capability and the touch screen radio on this model. The trunk is very small but will hold groceries so that's all good. The back seat has room for mid size adults and smaller but my son at 6' would not be comfortable on a long trip. The interior is nice and for me, this is a very stylish car. I am 40 and happy that I stopped by a Chevy dealer that day."

Good Value, good buy, tiny car

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Great price, great mpg, fun and safe, airbags"

Cons: "City Mpg isn't that great, Tiny(good and bad)"

"This is my first car that I actually have bought new and undoubtedly it was a great choice. No buyers remorse even after an accident took it away from me for a couple weeks. This car gets great gas mileage, easily navigates cities and is a breeze to park. A little terrifying on the highway, since the blind spot is pretty bad, but it definitely keeps you awake. That or the option to call anyone from your smartphone anytime over your speaker system will keep you up for those long drives! My cross country drive I averaged about 40 mpg, so those highway estimates are right on. Overall an enjoyable car, that does what it says it will do."

Great Value and Fun

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "Value, Mileage, design, fun to drive"

Cons: "Road noise, very basic seats"

"I have just purchased a manual 2014 LT. So far, I really love it....hopefully I'll follow up here in a month or two. I love the feel of the clutch and gear shift. Overall it feels very responsive to drive, brakes nicely, etc. The car has lots of great little touches, for a base model of a very basic car, such as the light sensor, and the cool looking and useful dashboard information, all the cupholders and other nicely designed storage space. I've tested out the A/C and it seems to work fine. As to be expected, you do feel and hear a lot of road noise, especially feel speed bumps. It's very noisy in the back seat, but the back seat is not as uncomfortable as I expected in such a small car. This is turning out to have been a great choice for my daily commute...I suspect the downside might be a long trip...I'll be trying that out in a few weeks."

AC does not work, and don't expect support from GM

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Reason: Bad AC and No GM Support

Pros: "Great MPG - 35avg"

Cons: "Air Conditioning? Whats that?"

"This was the first car I ever bought new. And also my first car from GM. I purchased in November of 2012, and as soon as the weather started to warm up in Texas, I knew something was wrong. After 4 trips to dealer service, 2 repairs, 1 new compressor/AC system...I ditched the car. To put it eloquently, the AC system is terrible. And by terrible, I mean it won't cool the car at all. If you live in a warmer climate, please do yourself a favor and run an internet search for "Chevy Spark AC Problem". If I knew this, I would have never purchased this car. This is the biggest regretful purchase I have ever made."

Great Car, But.......

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "Full featured, Great price"

Cons: "Absolutely worthless A/C"

"I've got the 2LT, and I really love this little car, for my purposes, it handles well, it is comfortable, and it is full featured. It is not a racing car, but it does what it needs to, it is advertised as a city car, and that's what it is. The mylink radio, fog lights, automatic trans, heated seats, full power, etc.,etc., all wrapped in a 4 dr. sedan, for just a touch over 17K, is a great deal. But, the a/c is awful, the air stream from the dash vents blow constantly changing temps, from cool to warm, and back again. This is a widespread problem, affecting almost all Sparks, and GM is aware of it. A bulletin was published acknowledging this problem, with the promise of a fix, but nothing has come of it. They have been replacing compressors, with no results. As much as I like this car, I really couldn't recommend it, until the a/c problem is resolved. So until that happens, I would avoid it."

Amazing value!!

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Quality, gas mileage, price, size, style"

Cons: "Acceleration"

"I have been driving this car everyday for about three weeks now. I have had to fill it up only once, for $25. Amazing gas mileage. Spacious enough for my needs, cute car. Nice stereo system, even in the basic model. The only draw back is the acceleration, I literally floor it to merge onto the interstate, but it is fine and sturdy once it gets going. I would gladly give up acceleration for such great gas mileage. No complaints. I was deciding between this and the Fiat 500 and the quality of the Spark was superior, for significantly less money. Certainty not regretting that decision. Just FYI if you are looking to buy it, make sure you double check what features you are getting. I got the cheapest model, and it did not come with cruise control, automatic locks, floor mats, and the mirrors must be manually adjusted. I had everything installed that I wanted for less than 1000 dollars extra, but just a warning to check, because some things I assumed were standard in all new cars were not included."

An Honest Review

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

""I bought my Chevy Spark in February of 2013. It's the Jalapeno LS Automatic model. The Chevy Spark is my first car. I became fond of small cars after driving a friends Fiat 500 for a day. I wanted a small car that was good on gas but also needed a car that would fit a baby seat or a child in the back seat being my girlfriend and I discovered she was pregnant during the car buying process. I had test drove a Spark a few month prior to buying one and was really surprised at how well the car handled, rode, and performed for being so small. Being that I had drove other small cars and knew I had to have a back seat, so the Fiat 500 and Scion iQ were out of the question. I ended up getting the Spark and I haven't regretted it yet. It's a great little car. If you read reviews from car websites they'd have you think this car is horrible, it's not!! The car rides great, does it get bumpy on the high way, yes, but not unbearable like they make it sound! The interior is great, my only complaint is that the plastic panels scratch easy. The car steers great and is like driving a big go-kart, it handles very well. I believe the estimated gas for this car is listed wrong at 32/38mpg. The car will never dip under 30mpg even going 75-85mph. The car's sweet spot seems to be 50-65mph, the gas mileage soars at these speeds, 40-44mpg easily! This car gets really good gas mileage! It has never cost more then $30 to fill, normally around $25 being it only gas a 9 gallon tank. The seating is pretty comfortable and you can fit 4 adults in the car. It can be tight for the person sitting behind the driver but it's not bad as long as your not driving longer than 1 hour or so. I live in Indiana so I've had the chance to drive it in the snow. To my surprise the car performs pretty well in snow so no worries there. For 84HP it's not to bad, on some very steep hills it will struggle a little but no where near as bad as I thought! There's not much cargo room but trips to the grocery store will be fine so long as you don't take 4 people along and can use the back seats for storage. So far the Spark has been a really good car for me! If you go in not expecting Cadillac like quality then you will get a lot of value out of this car. I really think value and performance wise it easily beats the Scion iQ and Fiat 500. If you want a small car that's good on gas, runs good, can fit friends and family when needed, and will get you to where you need to go, there's no better choice than a Spark. It's a great car!!"

Love this car

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "Like driving a little sports car and fits my fat _"

Cons: "don't have any"

"I am almost 60 years old and 5'10"and weigh 278 lbs and have arthritis as well as bad knees. When the salesman showed me the spark I looked at him as if he had lost his mind. But I sat in it very easy to get in and get out of. The room in it is great. I drive up and down mountains everyday the little car does fine. No complaints at all. Love the gas mileage. I have a red one(salsa for the yuppies) so my next door nieghbor wants to know when the mowing deck will be in for it. (he has a red riding mower) anyway I would recomend this car to anyone in fact I already have my brother is buying one as soon as the next one comes in."

Awesome car so far... cheap on gas...

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pros: "peppy engine, gas mileage"

Cons: "no cons so far so good"

"Great car so far... great on gas... great stereo speakers... a/c is good"