• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2014 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,392 - $15,647.

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Perfect for the price (LS automatic)

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "Fuel-efficient and sporty-looking for little $"

Cons: "needs mid-grade gas to avoid sputters"

"Sparky is the perfect car for me. I commute 130 miles round trip--half highway, half city--and average 41 mpg combined. When I first bought it, the car sputtered a bit climbing up out of underground parking garages and accelerating up steep on-ramps. Now, I feed it mid-grade gas and have no problems whatsoever, easily hitting 70 before I have to merge with interstate traffic. I have had no trouble cruising at 80 mph, as long as it isn't too windy. But with strong gusts at high speeds, it's Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (fun and not too scary). Rides high, so I don't feel like I'm in a tiny car. I love that it can U-turn in a narrow street or tight parking lot. Color options are odd, but salsa red looks sporty, and no one believes I bought it new for only $12,000. The rear seats fold down to create more cargo space, but my bike doesn't fit. However, I have strapped a 10-ft kayak on the roof to drive 8 blocks to the river--giving onlookers a good laugh."

Great commuter, A-B reliable vehicle

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

"Great car for what its made for. Commuting. Also great if you like to be debt free... under $15000 for a new vehicle is a great bargain."

BEST CAR !!! DON'T WORRY ABOUT SAFETY!!!

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "great gas millage, very safe, great features"

"I love this car..... Im 5'4 so this is the perfect size for me. It looks small on the outside but its roomy on the inside. I could fit 3 grown men plus me driving in the spark and no one rubbed elbows. I also have two kids and they love the car too. Car seats fit great in the spark. The initial kick off of the car is a little slow due to the 4 cyl but once you get it up it gets moving quick(good for lead foots). DON'T WORRY ABOUT SAFETY!!!I recently got into a car accident in the spark and 2 of 10 airbags deployed after being hit on the front passengers side(not at fault accident). The steering wheel and lower leg air bags went off even though i was hit on the opposite side of the car. Im going to replace my wrecked spark with a new one because i love it so much. Plus filling it for under $30 rocks! Your gas is safe too! The only way to open the gas tank is a lever by the drivers foot! So no sugar in the tank(for teens or angry exs)and no siphoning :)"

great car for the money

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "price, zippy, great handling, MPG"

Cons: "speakers, A/C issue"

"I dont see how it could get any better for the money purchasing and maintaining this car. This is the first new car that I have bought. I bought it cause I travel 100 miles round trip for work. I average 40 mpg. 85% Highway. There are some reviews about this car being unstable at highway speeds, I think the car seems very stable up to about 80mph. I usually travel speed limit of 65 to 70. Recently went on vacation in this and car did extremely well. I had to avoid falling rock and went the the smokey mountains and car handled great. Avg MPG for the entire trip was 42. Best tank average was 46. Complaints: the factory speakers are horrible, the A/C at idle doesn't seem to be very cold at times."

Avoid

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

I don't own this car

"Many Spark owners on various forums are reporting multiple issues with their virtually brand-new Sparks, including engine trouble needing replacement engines, engines burning quarts of oil weekly, air conditioner problems (not getting cold), etc. Look elsewhere."