2013 Chevrolet Spark

Based on 128 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

An Honest Review

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

""I bought my Chevy Spark in February of 2013. It's the Jalapeno LS Automatic model. The Chevy Spark is my first car. I became fond of small cars after driving a friends Fiat 500 for a day. I wanted a small car that was good on gas but also needed a car that would fit a baby seat or a child in the back seat being my girlfriend and I discovered she was pregnant during the car buying process. I had test drove a Spark a few month prior to buying one and was really surprised at how well the car handled, rode, and performed for being so small. Being that I had drove other small cars and knew I had to have a back seat, so the Fiat 500 and Scion iQ were out of the question. I ended up getting the Spark and I haven't regretted it yet. It's a great little car. If you read reviews from car websites they'd have you think this car is horrible, it's not!! The car rides great, does it get bumpy on the high way, yes, but not unbearable like they make it sound! The interior is great, my only complaint is that the plastic panels scratch easy. The car steers great and is like driving a big go-kart, it handles very well. I believe the estimated gas for this car is listed wrong at 32/38mpg. The car will never dip under 30mpg even going 75-85mph. The car's sweet spot seems to be 50-65mph, the gas mileage soars at these speeds, 40-44mpg easily! This car gets really good gas mileage! It has never cost more then $30 to fill, normally around $25 being it only gas a 9 gallon tank. The seating is pretty comfortable and you can fit 4 adults in the car. It can be tight for the person sitting behind the driver but it's not bad as long as your not driving longer than 1 hour or so. I live in Indiana so I've had the chance to drive it in the snow. To my surprise the car performs pretty well in snow so no worries there. For 84HP it's not to bad, on some very steep hills it will struggle a little but no where near as bad as I thought! There's not much cargo room but trips to the grocery store will be fine so long as you don't take 4 people along and can use the back seats for storage. So far the Spark has been a really good car for me! If you go in not expecting Cadillac like quality then you will get a lot of value out of this car. I really think value and performance wise it easily beats the Scion iQ and Fiat 500. If you want a small car that's good on gas, runs good, can fit friends and family when needed, and will get you to where you need to go, there's no better choice than a Spark. It's a great car!!"

Chevy Spark excellent condition 35/40 mpg

By on Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Pros: "great gas mileage, very roomy and comfortable"

"I purchased this great car for my daughter to commute back and forth to college, it is in excellent condition with low miles. please contact us if you are interested in hearing more."

good car for those on a budget

By on Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pros: "good on gas"

Cons: "not much power small motor"

"I went to lithia Chevrolet in redding ca expecting to buy a new equinox, but I ended up with a Spark instead. it's a good car for people on a budget, gets around 40 mpg on the freeway and is pretty roomy for a small 4 door hatchback. just don't expect to be racing muscle cars or catching up to them because this car has a very small 1.2 liter underpowered motor. seems to be dependable so far, the only complaint I really have is the power, they should of put a turbo or supercharger on this car, merging onto the freeway is slow only about 45 miles per hour and going up hills is about 55 mph."

So far, so good, but...

By on Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pros: "Drives and rides nice, great mpg, looks nice"

Cons: "terrible radio, pointless On Star for me"

"I bough it new and have 2300 mile on it so far. Manual shift. Drives nice and is getting over 40mpg in a mixed driving situation, mostly freeway though. I really like it so far. I have three complaints. One is the radio. I bought the lower price on because the the upper priced one seemed to have a large screen that was really nothing more than a monitor for your phone. No GPS, no extra car data, no high def radio, no CD player, nothing. The lower priced one has a radio that looks to be difficult to change out. A very proprietary hole(s) in the dash take up a lot of space for no particular reason. I would have preferred a radio with a cd player(although I probably would not use it all that much), an aux, and a USB connector. Most car cd/radios have this. My last radio for $80.00 also had a sd card slot. Also the price of the car reflects the cost of having On Star tech already installed, even if you have no intention of using it you are still paying for it, because the price of the car has to reflect the cost of providing it. I'd rather get a few bucks off the car and not have the On Star already there. The last complaint is it has no engine temperature gauge. I still bought the car knowing about the radio and I still really like the car. Right price and I like the way it drives, rides, and looks. I just think GM could do a better job on some of the tech stuff. It's sad that a $50.00 Wal-Mart CD/radio would be a step up!"

The Import Killer Returns!!

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Price, Fuel economy, styling, tech equipment, size"

Cons: "slow acceleration, cargo capacity w/ seats up"

"I had the opportunity to drive a Spark recently and was impressed. My initial impression was the next Metro (based on it's size and price) but I couldn't be farther from the truth. The Spark is tiny with an overall length of 144" but thanks to it's well laid out interior it has a surprising amount of interior room. I'm 6'3" and can easily fit up front and even in the back. The only big con is the cargo space with the seats up is really small but who combines double dates and IKEA runs? The Mylink radio is an answer to a tech lover's prayer. The stock speakers are good but heavy bass is fuzzy. Acceleration is adequate for a car with only 84 hp but the fun colors and fuel economy easily make up for that. In town the Spark has no superior and is a snap to park. On the highway the Spark holds its own with ease and maintains highway speeds rather well. Based on the Spark's on board fuel economy computer I averaged 35mpg mixed driving and had a top mpg of 47. For those who want a more earth friendly car the Spark is also 85% recyclable! Overall the Spark is an excellent sub-compact that is a functional, tech savvy, commuter car that is a good choice for people who have a small budget or even for those who do not want to spend a small fortune on a hybrid. Definitely my next car!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Spark near Honolulu. See local deals