2013 Chevrolet Spark

Based on 124 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

An Honest Review

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

""I bought my Chevy Spark in February of 2013. It's the Jalapeno LS Automatic model. The Chevy Spark is my first car. I became fond of small cars after driving a friends Fiat 500 for a day. I wanted a small car that was good on gas but also needed a car that would fit a baby seat or a child in the back seat being my girlfriend and I discovered she was pregnant during the car buying process. I had test drove a Spark a few month prior to buying one and was really surprised at how well the car handled, rode, and performed for being so small. Being that I had drove other small cars and knew I had to have a back seat, so the Fiat 500 and Scion iQ were out of the question. I ended up getting the Spark and I haven't regretted it yet. It's a great little car. If you read reviews from car websites they'd have you think this car is horrible, it's not!! The car rides great, does it get bumpy on the high way, yes, but not unbearable like they make it sound! The interior is great, my only complaint is that the plastic panels scratch easy. The car steers great and is like driving a big go-kart, it handles very well. I believe the estimated gas for this car is listed wrong at 32/38mpg. The car will never dip under 30mpg even going 75-85mph. The car's sweet spot seems to be 50-65mph, the gas mileage soars at these speeds, 40-44mpg easily! This car gets really good gas mileage! It has never cost more then $30 to fill, normally around $25 being it only gas a 9 gallon tank. The seating is pretty comfortable and you can fit 4 adults in the car. It can be tight for the person sitting behind the driver but it's not bad as long as your not driving longer than 1 hour or so. I live in Indiana so I've had the chance to drive it in the snow. To my surprise the car performs pretty well in snow so no worries there. For 84HP it's not to bad, on some very steep hills it will struggle a little but no where near as bad as I thought! There's not much cargo room but trips to the grocery store will be fine so long as you don't take 4 people along and can use the back seats for storage. So far the Spark has been a really good car for me! If you go in not expecting Cadillac like quality then you will get a lot of value out of this car. I really think value and performance wise it easily beats the Scion iQ and Fiat 500. If you want a small car that's good on gas, runs good, can fit friends and family when needed, and will get you to where you need to go, there's no better choice than a Spark. It's a great car!!"

Two Sparks in the family with manual transmissions

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "everything it does it does well, instrumentation"

Cons: "back seats don't fold flat"

"We bought one new and 10 months later found a used one. They both have manual trannies. The biggest knock I read about the Spark is acceleration. The 5 speed manual resolves that issue. If you want one, you will probably have to test drive an automatic, then hound your dealer until he can locate a stick. They are hard to find. When we bought the new one I had three dealerships competing and it took three days before one was found. For the used one I had to drive 170 miles to Chicago for the closest used one on the market. Was worth the drive."

This is an awesome car, but!!!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage, great price, awesome looking car"

Cons: "A/C needs to work at all times."

"I purchased this car in November of 2012. It now has 12,500 miles on it and it is a pleasure to own, except, for the A/C problem that the dealerships do not know how to fix. The A/C works while I am driving, but blows warm air at idle. Every time I stop at a red light, stop sign, or get caught in late afternoon traffic, the A/C stops working. The General Motors engineers know about this issue (#PIC5858A Insufficient A/C Performance At Idle - June 13, 2013) and I am hoping that they come up with a resolution to repair this issue. I love this little car and hope they can fix the one major flaw that needs to be fixed to make this the car I will suggest to everyone I know. I will update this review and give this car higher scores when/if General Motors fixes the A/C issue."

good car for those on a budget

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "good on gas"

Cons: "not much power small motor"

"I went to lithia Chevrolet in redding ca expecting to buy a new equinox, but I ended up with a Spark instead. it's a good car for people on a budget, gets around 40 mpg on the freeway and is pretty roomy for a small 4 door hatchback. just don't expect to be racing muscle cars or catching up to them because this car has a very small 1.2 liter underpowered motor. seems to be dependable so far, the only complaint I really have is the power, they should of put a turbo or supercharger on this car, merging onto the freeway is slow only about 45 miles per hour and going up hills is about 55 mph."

Awesome value

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "So much fun to drive"

Cons: "No cons"

"I have owned my Spark for close to a year and I absolutely love it. We had an awful winter this year and I was concerned with how it might handle but I was very impressed. I ended up passing many other vehicles when they got stuck and I wasn't!. It isn't a luxurious vehicle, but it is a great value. We loved it so much my husband got one for himself a few months after me."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Spark near Honolulu. See local deals