2013 Chevrolet Spark

8.4

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Great Car, But.......

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "Full featured, Great price"

Cons: "Absolutely worthless A/C"

"I've got the 2LT, and I really love this little car, for my purposes, it handles well, it is comfortable, and it is full featured. It is not a racing car, but it does what it needs to, it is advertised as a city car, and that's what it is. The mylink radio, fog lights, automatic trans, heated seats, full power, etc.,etc., all wrapped in a 4 dr. sedan, for just a touch over 17K, is a great deal. But, the a/c is awful, the air stream from the dash vents blow constantly changing temps, from cool to warm, and back again. This is a widespread problem, affecting almost all Sparks, and GM is aware of it. A bulletin was published acknowledging this problem, with the promise of a fix, but nothing has come of it. They have been replacing compressors, with no results. As much as I like this car, I really couldn't recommend it, until the a/c problem is resolved. So until that happens, I would avoid it."

An Honest Review

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

""I bought my Chevy Spark in February of 2013. It's the Jalapeno LS Automatic model. The Chevy Spark is my first car. I became fond of small cars after driving a friends Fiat 500 for a day. I wanted a small car that was good on gas but also needed a car that would fit a baby seat or a child in the back seat being my girlfriend and I discovered she was pregnant during the car buying process. I had test drove a Spark a few month prior to buying one and was really surprised at how well the car handled, rode, and performed for being so small. Being that I had drove other small cars and knew I had to have a back seat, so the Fiat 500 and Scion iQ were out of the question. I ended up getting the Spark and I haven't regretted it yet. It's a great little car. If you read reviews from car websites they'd have you think this car is horrible, it's not!! The car rides great, does it get bumpy on the high way, yes, but not unbearable like they make it sound! The interior is great, my only complaint is that the plastic panels scratch easy. The car steers great and is like driving a big go-kart, it handles very well. I believe the estimated gas for this car is listed wrong at 32/38mpg. The car will never dip under 30mpg even going 75-85mph. The car's sweet spot seems to be 50-65mph, the gas mileage soars at these speeds, 40-44mpg easily! This car gets really good gas mileage! It has never cost more then $30 to fill, normally around $25 being it only gas a 9 gallon tank. The seating is pretty comfortable and you can fit 4 adults in the car. It can be tight for the person sitting behind the driver but it's not bad as long as your not driving longer than 1 hour or so. I live in Indiana so I've had the chance to drive it in the snow. To my surprise the car performs pretty well in snow so no worries there. For 84HP it's not to bad, on some very steep hills it will struggle a little but no where near as bad as I thought! There's not much cargo room but trips to the grocery store will be fine so long as you don't take 4 people along and can use the back seats for storage. So far the Spark has been a really good car for me! If you go in not expecting Cadillac like quality then you will get a lot of value out of this car. I really think value and performance wise it easily beats the Scion iQ and Fiat 500. If you want a small car that's good on gas, runs good, can fit friends and family when needed, and will get you to where you need to go, there's no better choice than a Spark. It's a great car!!"

Love this car

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "Like driving a little sports car and fits my fat _"

Cons: "don't have any"

"I am almost 60 years old and 5'10"and weigh 278 lbs and have arthritis as well as bad knees. When the salesman showed me the spark I looked at him as if he had lost his mind. But I sat in it very easy to get in and get out of. The room in it is great. I drive up and down mountains everyday the little car does fine. No complaints at all. Love the gas mileage. I have a red one(salsa for the yuppies) so my next door nieghbor wants to know when the mowing deck will be in for it. (he has a red riding mower) anyway I would recomend this car to anyone in fact I already have my brother is buying one as soon as the next one comes in."

Awesome car so far... cheap on gas...

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pros: "peppy engine, gas mileage"

Cons: "no cons so far so good"

"Great car so far... great on gas... great stereo speakers... a/c is good"

I'm lovin' it!

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "Price, Mileage, Options, Hauls four adult humans"

Cons: "No auto-headlights on 2013!"

"I bought the car in Feb 2013. 1LT Manual. For the price, I never expected 'luxury vehicle' standards. I knew what I was getting into. Although, it has more options than I expected! The 7" touchscreen really had me sold. I'm 6'5" and have no problem fitting in the car. It's no V8, but it's definitely fun to drive. I have no problem getting on the highway, with four humans in the car. The manual probably plays a big part in that, because I run the gears pretty high before I shift, while accelerating that fast. I'm averaging around 36 MPG (real numbers, not calculated by the vehicle). The interior plastic scratches very easily. You can scratch it with your fingernails. So after 6 months of driving it, the scratches start showing up everywhere. There have been many complaints about the A/C not functioning. I've only driven the car a handful of times this summer (I prefer my bike). But the few times I actually needed the A/C, it worked like a champ. It won't cause ice cycles, but it does the job, for having a lawnmower engine. The speakers are a joke. They sound more like headphone speakers, but in comes the 'budget car' standards. It's better than nothing! It also doesn't come with a spare tire. It has a can of "tire sealant" and a compressor. It's not a deal breaker for me, my other vehicle has the same thing. If I had to pick one thing I don't like about this vehicle, it would be the daytime running lights, and lack of auto-on headlights. The 2014 models have the auto headlights. The DRL are the headlights, with full power to them. So If you take off without turning the lights on, you will be able to see fine, but your other lights aren't lit up. You would never know that you have no taillights, since the cluster lights are always illuminated. A bit dangerous, if you ask me. I love the car. It does it's job, I've had no problems this far!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Spark near Honolulu. See local deals