2015 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,367 - $14,240.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 07/28/2016

10/9.0

Based on 162 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

nice car really surprised

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "fair pricing ,fun2 drive ,excellent interior"

Cons: "cup holders,mpg ,"

"after owning a toyota yaris sedan that never got less than 34 mpg that got totaled in an accident i was on the hunt again for an economy car . toyota quit making the sedans and the hatchbacks just arent inviting to me i decided to test the chevy sonic cause i am a chevy fan except for one thing .thier fuel mpg testing must be on pikes peak going downhill or in a vacuum chamber somewhere cause they never get what they say they will. i havnt had the car long and driving it gently hwy mileage has been about 27 to 29 at best which its not broke in yet so im hoping it gets better. besides that i love it .it looks great it does have some pep if needed. i have the 1.8 with auto trans i got the LT for cruise and upgraded sound and got the foglights and 16 "wheels. cup holders in center console are to far back but overall i am pleased if the mpg gets up a little more after break in ill call it a homerun for chevy. right now ill just call it a triple"

Stylish, fun to drive, good gas mileage!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, good gas mileage, easy to load"

Cons: "No armrest for passenger"

"I've owned my Sonic since it was brand new. It now has over 32,000 miles on it. I love it just as much now as when I first bought it. Its a small car, and I don't expect more out of it than would be appropriate for this class of car. The car gets the best gas mileage at 55 mph; I can get 41-43 mph driving 55. Driving 70-77, I drop down into the mid 30s. I don't drive enough just in town to tell you what it gets in town alone. Its peppy. The transmission does take some getting used to. It is a little hard shifting. Compared to some small cars I've had before, where you had to get out and push them up hills, this car is in a class by itself. A trip through some good hills up and down last weekend, and had no problems keeping up and passing other cars. Love my car. Will buy another one."

Quick acceleration, and solid grip but lousy MPG!

By on Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration"

Cons: "MPG, Resale Value"

2013 Chevrolet Sonic- Silver LS Automatic

"I purchased this unit during March of 2014 as a certified pre-owned vehicle with 10,700 miles on from the get-go. I found the ride to be rather pleasant but also somewhat sporty! The noisy engine I found to be rather thrilling for my taste, as it somewhat resembles my 2011 v6 Camaro. This vehicle however, is much lighter and better balanced! My trim is the base LS automatic engine that comes with just the very basics and no outgoing bells & whistles. I didn't do much haggling with the price as they were at way under my price range for that year and model. Even though I’m not so happy with the Sonic’s MPG, as well as its resale value, I have to admit it was a great decision by far. I’m rather content overall with the purchase, and if given the chance again, I would certainly buy the Chevrolet Sonic a second or third time!"

2013 Chevrolet Sonic- Silver LS Automatic

Great vehicle for the price!

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No cruise control, cup holder placement"

"Bought the LS Base Model Sonic for my daughter back in May. Immediately took it on vacation, putting 1,900 miles on it. Was pleasently surprised on it's comfort and handling. I have a bad back and have difficulty with long drives and the seats in the Sonic gave me no problem. Back seat comfort was adequate as well as the leg room. Gas mileage on the highway is fantastic. Only wish it had a bigger gas tank and cruise control. Only issue I have is with a defect in the paint on the hood; looks like a chemical stain underneath the clearcoat. Pointed out to the dealership two months ago and still waiting for a response."

Best car for young people!

By on Thursday, August 9, 2012

"I got this car back in March of this year and I've loved it ever since! I have it in the Silver Ice Metallic with the hatchback version trimmed with the 2LS (auto trans. with manual mirrors and windows). The way it drives is quite decent for what you pay and the quality of how it's built is very well for having a low price which could be attributed to a weaker metal for the frame than a decade ago (I learned this from crashing into a steel fence and got it repaired and the frame had to be straightened back out). Otherwise, it's a great vehicle and in the hatchback version with seats down, I'm able to fit my bike (which is larger than most due to my height). I put a 9/10 for design as the inside could use some more standard conveniences such as Bluetooth, standard USB, etc. but it is my understanding that the 2013 model year will have the option of the Chevrolet MyLink radio which includes Bluetooth and smartphone-based navigation. Overall though, I would not buy anything else for this price point. Great car on Chvey's part!"